Purified water versus tap water

if its good for people its good for pets in most cases regarding water. however there are multiple exceptions.
dog bodies are different than people bodies. i don'd know about america but i know some places there have terrible water that iss not fit for anything. obviously this would not be good for dogs. american water has various levels of chemicals, all of which are not harmful in the amounts given but dogs have different cehmical needs and balances so water high in flouride is great for human teeth but not so much for dog stomachs. Some water has higher salt content and salt in general is not good for dogs, small amounts won't hurt but they do not need nearly as much salt.
in regards to food if its good for people its good for dogs should never be used. there are so many things that are not safe for dogs. this motto needs to go.
in short depending on your country or city tap is okay in most cases but purified is fine too. as long as your tap water is safe you can give it to your pet. keep in mind, wolves drink all kinds of nasty water so in theory dogs should be able to do the same but poor breeding has made some dogs have weak constitutions. get a copy of the water report and give it to your vet or a vet nutritionist who can go over it with you and determine if its safe.

If it's consumable to humans it will be good for animals too. It would be a different case with water from a well or with rain water.
not necessarily true. this shouldn't be a motto at all. there are a lot of things humans can eat that dogs can't. Chocolate, graps and onions are some of those things. some dogs, especially wolves, foxes and coyotes can drink/eat things domestic dogs would immediately vomit back up or wreak havoc on their bodies.

not necessarily true. this shouldn't be a motto at all. there are a lot of things humans can eat that dogs can't. Chocolate, graps and onions are some of those things. some dogs, especially wolves, foxes and coyotes can drink/eat things domestic dogs would immediately vomit back up or wreak havoc on their bodies.
I mentioned about water. Not chocolate or grapes.

Back