Post some obscure trivia!!

The REAL Fight of The Century( 20th C.) took place about seven miles from where I sit as I type this, Johnson v Jeffries in Reno 1910.
Actually right about the line between Reno and Sparks, this was the Fight for the Heavyweight Championship. Jeffries was known as "The Great White Hope"...til Johnson beat him.
The site is now a scrap metal yard, but there IS a historical Marker, at least.

I don't want to be "that guy", I just want to say, that quite a bit of this obscure trivia that is stated as fact is utterly wrong. Like traveling faster than light equalling traveling back in time, owners of a car just being keepers (law is more complicated and it's different all over the world) and the "nothing is normal" statement.

Also, the german army is using brushes made out of squirrel hair to clean some optics.

NASA helped explore the oceans at one time. Conditions in the deep oceans aren't entirely unlike space so it kinda makes sense. Lots of pressure, no breathable air, etc. etc. Come the time of the Space Race most of that research was transitioned away from NASA.

I mean this entirely as a joke but it is still fun to say. What if the real reason NASA abandoned ocean research was because they found something? They are so eager to get to the Moon and Mars because they know what really lurks in our deepest ocean depths. Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

NASA helped explore the oceans at one time. Conditions in the deep oceans aren't entirely unlike space so it kinda makes sense. Lots of pressure, no breathable air, etc. etc. Come the time of the Space Race most of that research was transitioned away from NASA.

I mean this entirely as a joke but it is still fun to say. What if the real reason NASA abandoned ocean research was because they found something? They are so eager to get to the Moon and Mars because they know what really lurks in our deepest ocean depths. Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Be careful, half the US population will believe you.

Last edited:
An interesting take on Popeye..
Great story. Makes sense with Brutus being the bully. Always wondered if Sweet Pea was Popeye's kid. These old programs are where kids learned some of their morals.

We use to watch the Three Stooges, Little Rascals, and Bowery Boys too. Bugs, Porky, Daffy and later when The Road Runner came out, it was great

Between 2004 and 2015, there are at least 10 recorded instances of dogs shooting humans with firearm in the US. 4 of these cases happened in Florida.

Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson, also voiced the character "Pistol" on the 90's cartoon sitcom "Goof Troop", as well as "Mindy" on "Animaniacs", along with a few other shows.

Last edited:
The American Revolution did not being at Lexington, Mass. The Revolution had been going on at least since 1763. The WAR of the Revolution began at Lexington.

Crack an egg on asphalt during an Arizona summer and it will fry.......also put raw dough on the dash of your car and it will bake into a cookie...

The first movie he directed was the stalker thriller "Play Misty for Me" filmed in his adopted hometown of Carmel, CA. Since it was low-budget, all indoor scenes were filmed at his house on Highway 1 just south of town where he still lives. The female lead was played by the late, great Jessica Walters. My first zoo girlfriend and I watched it on acid and I couldn't watch a Jessica Walter's movie for years afterwards cuz damnnnn, she played a really scary psycho-bitch!
Watch it sober and appreciate the hell out of her talent, that rivals Glenn close in fatal attraction, for psycho bitchery

The "Crossroads" landmark in Memphis, Tennessee popularized in the Robert Johnson/Cream song is not the actual location Robert Johnson supposedly sold his soul to the devil. The actual location is located in a rural area outside of the city.

The technology used for specialized air mattresses like sleep number was originally designed in the early 50s for burn wards, the idea being "use a bed that can put just the ammount of pressue resistance on the patient without excess to ease suffering."

A lot of dolphins rape and murder other dolphins just for fun, specially the male ones.

They also masturbate with decapitated fish bodies

If you think wasps are scary as a human, thank god you are not an arthropod.

Most wasps larva are parasitic and most wasps paralyze their prey and insert their eggs in them so they can be eaten alive by their larva while they can't do nothing that feeling the pain of starvation and another organism eating you from the inside.

If you are ever feeling alone, remember that there are thousands of microscopic mites eating the dead skin on your face!

Back