Online Security

Majority of these are common sense.
I recommend

First use a VPN
run Tor in a virtual machine and keep the window not mazimized to your monitors full size (trust me that helps as motirtype and resoltuion can be figured out on some browsers if the window is maximized)

Don't use pictures of yourself or your pets, or anything near your house.

Does anyone know the best client for torrents concerning privacy? im using tor browser and would like something with comparable anonimity or security if that exists

GENERAL POSTING

1. Do not use an identifiable avatar. This includes faces, tattoos, fursuits (especially if they are not yours)

2. Review every picture, every video you post multiple times. Look for identifiable things; houses, barns, unique saddles, collars with or without tags, pictures, furniture, mail, packages, collectibles, mirrors or anything can reflect your face or body, absolutely anything that can be used as identification.

3. If you have a unique pet, be very, very careful. If you have posted normal pictures anywhere, like facebook, twitter, ect., do not post him here or anywhere zoo themed. Even if you delete the social media pics, it's too late. ( Familiarize yourself with Reverse Image Search, what it is, and how it can be used against you )

4. Be careful with the information you post. Anyone with enough patience can piece together little things through pictures, descriptions, email addresses, anything to pinpoint who you are.

5. Use an email that is not attached to anything. Do not use real name, and do not setup a password recovery phone number or alternate email. Make yourself an absolute stand alone free email account and do not use it for anything else but zoo. Not even furry or fursuit related sites or accounts.

ONLINE SECURITY

1. Public IP addresses can be used to track your general location. We Recommend a VPN service like Nord VPN to mask your IP. ALWAYS USE VPN!

2. Use Strong Passwords on your ZooVille Account.

3. Whatsapp and Discord are NOT recommended services for private off-site chat. They have been known to be leaked and report info on users.

4. Telegram and Signal are considered safe in of themselves, however always used a VPN when logging onto telegram and also be wary of phishing for your IP address with external HTML links. This has been used before to catch users NOT using VPN on telegram or Signal.

5. Public telegram links to group chats are allowed here on zooville if you own a group (see site rules), however be aware that bestiality is illegal in many countries. Law enforcement can phish users out into private chats is a common way to trace and doxx your identity. TRUST and RESPONSIBILITY is on your hands for whomever private chats you join.
noted

Is it ok to use a VPN through the Aloha app on iPhone? I did that before I found out I needed to be more secure and I've switched over to TOR on pc since then. Should I be concerned about having accessed the site through a browser based VPN on iPhone?

yes you should be very careful of browsing on your cell phone. cause just like a computer they can see where you been at all times use a VPN like nord VPN they have a double VPN option tor option as well and use a brave browser with tor when accessing the site that way you can browse anonymously at all time or you could use tails, kali linux with a virtual machine on our computer. i hope this helps.

I was the person who never took security seriously!! And recently I found out that a few of my wife's pictures got to some random dude in my office.. I have now strengthned the security and would always recommend you to use VPN and never add untrusty contacts to your private messaging apps.

I have a question regarding uploading media including photos and videos. How can I strip meta/exif data offline? None of my media is geotaged. I use a dedicated device for recording and make use of a VPN.

I was the person who never took security seriously!! And recently I found out that a few of my wife's pictures got to some random dude in my office.. I have now strengthned the security and would always recommend you to use VPN and never add untrusty contacts to your private messaging apps.
Now that's some absolutely fucked shit, sorry to hear about that happening to your wife :(

Now that's some absolutely fucked shit, sorry to hear about that happening to your wife :(
This is regularily done by 90% of users on this forum. :D Stealing and posting identifiable information of women, nonzoo photos of them and asking for personal details is the bread and butter of you average ZV fetishit. :D

I might have missed this but does anyone recommend an encrypted online storage solution for media? I could do some local storage but I’d rather the availability be online. Has anyone used something like Nord locker?

I might have missed this but does anyone recommend an encrypted online storage solution for media? I could do some local storage but I’d rather the availability be online. Has anyone used something like Nord locker?
I would personaly not advise to use any online storage for sensitive media. You might think you are safe when data at rest is encrypted using some technology. But it turns out, the provider also has your key or a certain master key.

A current example is the Ring doorbell. Very popular nowadays. Ring has a statement (https://ring.com/privacy) in which they state all your data is encrypted in transit and at rest. You should be good, should you? Well, no. Here https://time.com/6196887/amazon-ring-footage-police/ it states Amazon gives police your footage without telling you.

Furthermore, all providers are bound to search user data for CSAM material. Our footage is different, but it is scanned nontheless. They probably use Microsofts PhotoDNA. The database with hashes can be easily filled with something else to find. This means you never are sure your content does not raise a flag.

Is using Opera web browser's VPN enough to secure my activity? And what happens when I download pictures / images, will that also get tracked?
Opera itself is owned by the Chinese, the VPN capabilities are made possibe by SurfEasy (Canadian) and most of Operas business is in Norway.

There does not seem to be a privacy policy for the VPN service and since it is free, assume you are the product.

You can see if it works by using a site like whatismyip.com. If this site sais something completely different from your location, it is working as intended. This however, is not guarding you from the VPN provider keeping logs. If they go belly up, you are ratted out.

Lot of good advice here in this thread. The only thing I would add is check your DNS! For those that don't know what this or does, its the service that looks up web addresses. So when you type Zoovilleforumn.net your computer sends the request off to the server which then tells your computer the IP address. Some VPN's are know for not masking your DNS, so even with a VPN running, your ISP will have record of you visiting this site.

Back