Neutered male sex information gathering

A couple of weeks. Possibly his hormones are still half there but right now he is just... sore and a bit unconfortable.

By the time all settles, sorry about it, but the answer is basically do not count on it, with just very, very few exceptions.

Sort if "If I buy lotto, will I get to win some good money?"

Thank you guys for the information, we are planning on a trip to go get him within the next weeks! When he gets used to me as a new member of the family I won't expect nothing from him, but if he shows any signs of interest it would be awesome 😍

Good luck.
Hope you and your family get a lovely boy. Quite a life changer in any case. Have lots of fun and joy with him.

Why did you neuter him if he was already giving it to you?
New job required traveling which meant he was going to need to stay in some day cares & overnights. Those places require it after 6 mos. Couldnt find someone to reliably come over & house sit with him.

I've never gotten to play with a neutered dog, so i apologise for what may be a weird question: Can they sustain an erection without pressure on the knot? That is, after giving a non-neutered dog a handjob, after they get a full erection you can let their penis freely dangle, and they'll slowly lose the erection in about 15 or so minutes. Is it this way for neutered dogs too, or do they just rapidly loose erection as soon as the pressure lets up?

Has anyone had success getting knotted by a neutered dog? If so, do you have any advice on how to make it husband?

Yes I do. I worked in the veterinarian field for years. Doesn’t stop my boy from being interested.
from personal experience, i'd say his not really functioning penis eventually will. i'm no vet, but i believe there are some components that are required for everything to work at 100% missing after neutering.

i "tried" stuff with two different neutered boys (one apparently sired a litter before the mutilation). both showed interest, one still actively tries to mount my girl when she's in heat. both have "broken" tools.. discoloration (the one that lives with me has a purple-ish one), knot doesn't really form. there's also a very distinct lack of any natural lubrication/wetness. one's was so dry it didn't even fully come out and judging by his reactions, any handling (even with added artificial lube) was uncomfortable/painful and the interest just went away. until my girl goes into heat again and he tries exactly once before realizing it still doesn't work.

Yes I do. I worked in the veterinarian field for years. Doesn’t stop my boy from being interested.
That is a little bit alarming. Since someone who has worked in the veterinarian field for years should have a way better understanding of what castration is, how it works and what it does to an animal.
Is the castration propaganda in the USA so bad that even vets do not actually know what they are doing? :D

So some males do loose interest especially if they have not been sexual before. However many do still enjoy sexual activity. Neutering does not actually affect the penis unless it is done before they are fully mature. They still can and do get hard and can produce precum. They do often need additional lubricant for full sexual activity as the sheath is often dryer than an intact male.
Having an enjoyable sex life is definitely possible after neutering.
That said he may never mount and fully tie if he has not done so with you or others in the past. However that doesn't keep him from being a great companion.

(I'm still very new, so if my question is obvious try not to judge lmao)

I currently live with a 2 y/o medium-sized neutered male dog, and I'm wondering if it would work to introduce sex to him now. I would assume that being neutered would take away most of his sex drive, but would it take away all of it? Would he still enjoy sex? Also, is he too old to introduce it now?

Thanks <3

Usually depends on how long they’ve been neutered. I’m not really sure on the specific time frame or anything though :(

The answers you seek can be found using the search function in the upper right corner of the forum.

Shall I keep going, because this topic has been asked at least 1.5 dozen times.

The answers you seek can be found using the search function in the upper right corner of the forum.

Shall I keep going, because this topic has been asked at least 1.5 dozen times.
Thank you! I'll do that next time lmao

(I'm still very new, so if my question is obvious try not to judge lmao)

I currently live with a 2 y/o medium-sized neutered male dog, and I'm wondering if it would work to introduce sex to him now. I would assume that being neutered would take away most of his sex drive, but would it take away all of it? Would he still enjoy sex? Also, is he too old to introduce it now?

Thanks <3
Yes you can but all
Depends on the dogs mood I guess
My pup was neutered and he didn’t have to be asked twice to climb aboard

There are a lot of variables which can affect things, in most cases the answer is likely "no", but if he was neutered later in life after being an adult, especially if he had some chances to use his equipment beforehand he'll sometimes retain desire.

There are a lot of variables which can affect things, in most cases the answer is likely "no", but if he was neutered later in life after being an adult, especially if he had some chances to use his equipment beforehand he'll sometimes retain desire.
Alr thank you, my dog was fixed right at 6 months, so I'm assuming that he ain't got it no more

I'll give it a shot, just trying not to get my hopes up ;)
I hear ya, and I wouldn’t hope for much, but you never know. I’ve known a couple friends dogs that were neutered early and still mounted other dogs and objects. No idea if they were sexually driven, but there’s hope :)

Agree with the others. Had one that was neutered about middle aged and he'd still mount and hump and everything when played with. His dick was still the same( getting big and the knot swelling) but could never get him to do anything more than shoot a little precum instead of a decent load, which makes sense.

Back