Letter from my sister

wood_thrush

Tourist
I received a letter from my sister today where she wrote she no longer wanted to have a relationship with me.

I am in the process of coming out to my family: telling them I've had sexual experiences with dogs, and my attractions, and sharing my moral perspective on bestiality/zoophilia. I am also sharing with them about how I had lied in the past to my girlfriend about my sexual interest in animals too. My girlfriend, at this point, knows everything about me in this regard. She knows I'm on here as well, and has decided to stay with me for the time being. We've come to our own agreement about how zoosexuality plays into our relationship (or perhaps rather how it won't). I don't think she's fully accepted this about me though. Rather, she has said to me that she's compartmentalized it.

The first person in my family I told was my sister. She was extremely upset by what I shared. I called my brother a week later, and found that my sister had already told him what I wanted to broach myself. He too was extremely upset, and told me that in his view I had committed rape. He told me he didn't want to hear from me except to tell him when I was going to talk to dad.

That's what my sister wrote too in her letter today too. She wrote that from her perspective I had done something that was like raping a child. I haven't had any chance to explain what I think about consent, how it's important to me, and the about experiences I had. My siblings don't want to hear any of it.

I am going to talk to my dad at the end of the month and share everything with him too. I'm absolutely set on doing this. I have wanted to tell my family for a long time. The value of feeling authentic, genuine and free is so much greater than the feelings of falseness I have been experiencing over the past few years. If it means that my family cuts me out, then so be it. I have accepted this.

Estrangement is not new in my family. My mom is estranged from everyone from being emotionally abusive. No-one from my family talks to her, and I know I do not want to because of her abuse. I never thought I'd face the same possibility of complete estrangement. It's surreal sometimes.

I feel sad, and also resolved. While it's a shame that my siblings don't want to talk to me, I decided awhile ago that I'd find a chosen family if need be.

I'm writing this because I simply want to express what's happening in my life to people other than my GF and therapist. I am also curious about other experiences y'all have intentionally coming out to your family, positive neutral and negative, and reasons why if y'all are comfortable sharing.

First and foremost, you may find the storm to be more than you can chew, bud. WHY would you lay YOUR issue on people you supposedly love? Familiesof somewhat normal types are not geared to handle confessions, and Parents, particularly, want more for their children than grandpuppies. There is almost no family in this world that could accept such a confession. It just isnt in them to see it as other than a cry for help. It may yet be....we get people "confessing" to us here regularly; for most, its a bid for attention.

Your problem is not theirs to deal with. If you were born zoo....you have to accept that, and that the general run of humanity isnt going to. If youre simply into the kink, why would you expect them to cheer you on? NO ONE with half a brain cell shares their proclivities with family.

You did what may have been a cruel thing. Youve involved your "loved?" ones into your private life. Shooting yourself in the foot requires onlookers to render First Aid....sympathy is another story. I wish you luck...you will need it.

Firm agree with saddlebum

It fuckin befuddles me tho that meat eaters consider sex with animals that quite obviously enjoy it, worse than murdering them and eating them like what lol

Thank you for your responses, I appreciate people writing back so quickly. I have some thoughts on your replies.

I believe I am emotionally strong enough to handle this. I certainly wasn't in the beginning of the year, however I am now. It's true that at points I have felt overwhelmed, however, I have my therapist walking with me and my belief in myself to see me through the storm.

@saddlebum66 To your question about why I would burden my family and loved ones with knowledge of my kinks/sexuality. It's an excellent question:

I have simply decided I can no longer pretend to be someone who I am not for the sake of my blood relatives if I want to count them as my family. Family to me means a group of people who know the full extent of what's going on with their family members, and who provide space for each other to share what's going on in their lives whether it be easy or difficult, good, bad or messy. I would like to find out if I am able to count my blood relatives as family for myself. If they do not wish me as part of their family, I am really am at peace with that and will find other people. I do not wish to sound cold, I am sure there will be a grieving process for me if this really is my final year with them.

Loving someone one, to me, does not mean protecting that person from uncomfortable truths. This is a lesson that I have learned in a deep, difficult way this past year with my girlfriend. I now see the act of loving as the opposite - I owe it to my loved ones to confront difficult realities with them and offer my trust, vulnerability, and collaboration to them. I think that for love to be voluntary and reciprocal, I must offer these things. I believe how they feel and respond is up to them.

You mentioned that many on this site want to confess their zoosexuality, and do this to seek attention. This is something which I have thought about as well, prior to posting this. I am seeking support, not sympathy. I would like to know about other people's experiences too. While it is refreshing to post my own, I am equally if not more interested in reading about other people's decisions to come out or not. (Any other thoughts are welcome too though.) I would like camaraderie, which I value much more highly than mere attention. From my family / close blood relatives I simply desire to be seen and heard for who I am. I am not looking to be cheered on by anyone, or even agreed with. I simply want them to know.

In terms of cruelty - I have mulled this over prior to my decision to tell the truth to my family. I already tried dodging, hiding, and even lying to my girlfriend. Concealment has done far more damage to my relationships that speaking my full truth ever has. In my experience with this, the cruelest thing one can do to a loved one is keep secrets. I refuse to do that anymore. It is simply not worth the absolutely immense hurt and heartbreak later on.

@MaxWyld Thank you for your well wishes! I am not in despair. Although I am sad and disappointed, I am far from despair. It may be wiser for some to stay in the closet, and I want to validate self-preservation. I don't go around telling just anybody, for practical safety reasons. Sometimes the risk is too great to tell someone. However, for me, the risk to my mental health of not telling my family is much greater than whatever risk they pose to me personally.

@KnotHappy I think it comes to culture and what people are used to. By culture I am referring to shared beliefs and values, and these beliefs and values are not always rational/logical. Another factor is the process of manufacturing grocery store meat is very, very far removed from most. Most people don't kill their own chickens, pigs and cows etc. Most don't want to, and that perpetuates the distance we have from the factory farming process. Sex is already a sensitive topic for many people, and so most may not have the tools to talk sex with non-human animals in a non-emotional, non-judgemental way.

I was important to me to address as much as I could, pleases excuse the length if my reply is overlong! Thanks again for your thought-provoking posts! : )

I received a letter from my sister today where she wrote she no longer wanted to have a relationship with me.

I am in the process of coming out to my family: telling them I've had sexual experiences with dogs, and my attractions, and sharing my moral perspective on bestiality/zoophilia. I am also sharing with them about how I had lied in the past to my girlfriend about my sexual interest in animals too. My girlfriend, at this point, knows everything about me in this regard. She knows I'm on here as well, and has decided to stay with me for the time being. We've come to our own agreement about how zoosexuality plays into our relationship (or perhaps rather how it won't). I don't think she's fully accepted this about me though. Rather, she has said to me that she's compartmentalized it.

The first person in my family I told was my sister. She was extremely upset by what I shared. I called my brother a week later, and found that my sister had already told him what I wanted to broach myself. He too was extremely upset, and told me that in his view I had committed rape. He told me he didn't want to hear from me except to tell him when I was going to talk to dad.

That's what my sister wrote too in her letter today too. She wrote that from her perspective I had done something that was like raping a child. I haven't had any chance to explain what I think about consent, how it's important to me, and the about experiences I had. My siblings don't want to hear any of it.

I am going to talk to my dad at the end of the month and share everything with him too. I'm absolutely set on doing this. I have wanted to tell my family for a long time. The value of feeling authentic, genuine and free is so much greater than the feelings of falseness I have been experiencing over the past few years. If it means that my family cuts me out, then so be it. I have accepted this.

Estrangement is not new in my family. My mom is estranged from everyone from being emotionally abusive. No-one from my family talks to her, and I know I do not want to because of her abuse. I never thought I'd face the same possibility of complete estrangement. It's surreal sometimes.

I feel sad, and also resolved. While it's a shame that my siblings don't want to talk to me, I decided awhile ago that I'd find a chosen family if need be.

I'm writing this because I simply want to express what's happening in my life to people other than my GF and therapist. I am also curious about other experiences y'all have intentionally coming out to your family, positive neutral and negative, and reasons why if y'all are comfortable sharing.
Congratulations - You pulled out your gun, loaded it up, aimed carefully at your foot, and pulled the trigger.

What you're experiencing now is known as a self-inflicted wound, and gets you no sympathy from any but airheaded idiots that, speaking personally, I wouldn't piss on to put 'em out if I encountered them on fire in the middle of the street.

Put another way, you shit the bed, and now you get to lay in the mess you made. Enjoy it.

You mentioned that many on this site want to confess their zoosexuality, and do this to seek attention. This is something which I have thought about as well, prior to posting this. I am seeking support, not sympathy. I would like to know about other people's experiences too. While it is refreshing to post my own, I am equally if not more interested in reading about other people's decisions to come out or not. (Any other thoughts are welcome too though.) I would like camaraderie, which I value much more highly than mere attention. From my family / close blood relatives I simply desire to be seen and heard for who I am. I am not looking to be cheered on by anyone, or even agreed with. I simply want them to know.

In terms of cruelty - I have mulled this over prior to my decision to tell the truth to my family. I already tried dodging, hiding, and even lying to my girlfriend.
Bud....You're missing what I said about "Confessions"....The ones I meant are those who come here with a' poor little me ' story and expect sympathy. Yours is more elaborate ...but the jury is still out.

Rex Shepherd points out that there are potentials for legal action. It would not be the first time a family turned in a "misguided or sick" family member, by far. You've exposed yourself, AND YOUR PET to actions that could get that pet euthanized. Would not be a first for that either.

Cheering you on? Noooo...not by a very long shot, chum. It doesnt matter WHAT your motivations are....you just kicked Mom, Dad, Sis any other sibs, AND your dog's Teeth down their throats....because YOU are tired?

And, to ice your little cake made of drek, you are LYING to a significant other? And what happens next?.....

Sorry, bud....even your dog ought not to trust you. How old are you?....This is Junior High lockerroom, "As The Worm Squirms". I wished you luck....That and a good Lawyer....you are in need.

Man, there's a lot i could say.
But you seem to be in the united states. So i guess there's not much of a bright side.

I don't know what culture you come from, and i don't want to assume anything... but i think i know what you're coming from. And most people in this part of the world might not get it.
Sometimes you gotta do what must in order to live with yourself.

The last interaction i've ever had with my family was... somewhat similar, just not zoo related.
I knew it was going to be a shit storm. But i would've rather killed myself than kept everything hidden for one more day.
Everything was all the worse for it, for a time. People are gone who might've still been around otherwise.
But at least none of us had to live with some shitty darkness anymore.

There's value in truth and honesty, and sometimes your inner call for it cannot be ignored unless you wish to destroy yourself.
It's one of the hardest lessons anyone can learn.
The consequences... are going to be worse than anything you have in mind right now.
But If all this means you can finally stand tall, and look yourself in the eye... Maybe you'll be alright in the very end.

Sincerely, good luck.

(p.s. you should get a lawyer, and start wiping your data)

Maybe they live in a country or state where fucking animals is not illegal.
I really hoped so. They seem to come from a culture where family ties and honest are held above all else. Which made me think they were from a place where it was legal.
But if you check their history, they're in north coralina.

Man, i hope they aren't recent immigrants. I hope he didn't do this without knowing what it means in the us. I hope he has a game plan.

But I can't fault a man for following his morals. For honestly trying to be a good person. It sounds like he fought this idea like hell. But in the end you must do what you, deep in your heart, know is the right thing to do.

Man im glad i live in australia where watching is perfectly legal so long as u dont have the content in ur possession

Do we need anymore examples of why having this complex of coming out to the world is a huge problem?
Ask the zetas to cover your court costs. This will be a true testament to how much they butch up to help their own as they should take the yoke for feeding people bullshit.

Man im glad i live in australia where watching is perfectly legal so long as u dont have the content in ur possession

Where I live, sex with another species is not illegal as long as the other animal is not forced or harmed in any way. That's how that part of the animal abuse law works around here.

I mean yall are assuming his family will rat him out. They may not and just never speak to him again
It actually doesnt matter if they do....He put them into a position where he forces them to approve or disown him. That isnt what family is about.

It actually doesnt matter if they do....He put them into a position where he forces them to approve or disown him. That isnt what family is about.
They may have different standards. Everything they've said so far seems to point in that way.

Dont bet on that....Hungary and Spain are probably the only ones where a decent living can be had. Any place else this might be legal is only because no one want to be there.

Here in Argentina nothing happens in terms of the law. Being a taboo subject, it is not something you can openly talk about, but many people usually don't care.

In my case, my family and friends know. Even one of my friends is a cop and knows about my attraction to his german shepherd girl. 😆

They may have different standards. Everything they've said so far seems to point in that way.
It doesn't matter what their "standards" are. What matters is that they didn't just "accidentally step in shit" - They went searching around the yard to find some, then wallowed in it.

It doesn't matter what their "standards" are. What matters is that they didn't just "accidentally step in shit" - They went searching around the yard to find some, then wallowed in it.
It matters quiet a bit. Different cultures simply don't handle this kind of stuff the way you've learned they're handled.
I know we've kind of abandoned it here in the western world, but in many parts of the world, honestly is valued above all. Hiding crucial parts of yourself from your own family can be unthinkable at best.
We kinda lost such things as the generation family died in the western world, in favor of an ever decaying nuclear family.

It matters quiet a bit. Different cultures simply don't handle this kind of stuff the way you've learned they're handled.
I know we've kind of abandoned it here in the western world, but in many parts of the world, honestly is valued above all. Hiding crucial parts of yourself from your own family can be unthinkable at best.
We kinda lost such things as the generation family died in the western world, in favor of an ever decaying nuclear
Im aware chum....The fall from the potato truck was likely LONG before you or he were born. It still doesnt change the play

Im aware chum....The fall from the potato truck was likely LONG before you or he were born. It still doesnt change the play
No, but it changes the motives behind the play, and the ability of the players to resist these motives.
Again, i get it, it's hard to put yourself in these other shoes, but from op's perspective there might not have been another option he could stand. The same way you might not be able to stand cursing out your mother, or dating your sister in law. He technically could've just kept this secret forever and ever, but some principles can't just be broken.

Would it kill you to not be condescending sometimes saddlebum
And more evidence that society has gone to shit. Straight-talk rather than slathering on the soul-butter is now classified as being condescending?

It truly has become bizarro-world, hasn't it?

Again the risk reward factor isn’t worth the chance. Many folk here are well into their 60s. Most didn’t stay stable with family and life by riding that line. More or less. No amount of honesty is going to curb the majority. You never know who or what someone will do after the fact

Back