Letter from my sister

And more evidence that society has gone to shit. Straight-talk rather than slathering on the soul-butter is now classified as being condescending?

It truly has become bizarro-world, hasn't it?
Isn't that just common decency? Respect for a fellow human being? This is supposed to be a chat not a prison yard. No need for hard talk all day every day.

It matters quiet a bit.
It matters not at all when speaking of our particular "perversion".
Or hadn't you noticed that the damn-near universal response to someone saying "I fuck/get fucked by animals" can be boiled down to "KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!"?

Isn't that just common decency? Respect for a fellow human being? This is supposed to be a chat not a prison yard. No need for hard talk all day every day.
Wrong person bub. You have next to the same chances not to get hard talk any more then Rooster or Cult has making their father Bo happy.

"Common decency" is not going out of your way to be an asshole without a reason. Calling a spade a spade is just normality. Gettign bent out of shape over someone doing so is a sure sign of snowflakedom.

In my world, respect is EARNED, not given.

"Common decency" is not going out of your way to be an asshole without a reason. Calling a spade a spade is just normality. Gettign bent out of shape over someone doing so is a sure sign of snowflakedom.

In my world, respect is EARNED, not given.
.... suuure

Try using your words, kiddo... Or are you just another specimen of the "I've got nothing to say, but I don't want anybody to forget I'm here" brigade?

That was a limited and generalized view of the world. Not everything is Yankeeland and cultures can vary greatly. The last thing was a subjective opinion about respect for others.

Everyone has their position on the matter and if they decided to end the discussion there with a simple "sure", what is the problem?

Oh it absolutely would. Im getting pretty used to it to though!
I havent begun to condescend....but this isnt the DF, as I pointed out earlier....likely it will be if you ah.....gentlemen.....proceed....oh...btw....dont EVER answer for me, sunny jim....Get used to that, because it isn't changing. And YOU are advocating for common decency?....mind if I <smirk>?

Last edited:
That was a limited and generalized view of the world. Not everything is Yankeeland and cultures can vary greatly. The last thing was a subjective opinion about respect for others.

Everyone has their position on the matter and if they decided to end the discussion there with a simple "sure", what is the problem?
Exactly. I kinda just didn't want yet another death spiral of whatever he was leading into. This conversation has the potential of being nice, it doesn't have to get utterly trashed. Some people seem eager to drag it down into the dumpster fire board...

I just wanted to let op know that, yeah, Life puts you in a really really shitty trap sometimes, but some people out there get what it's like to be there, and even if things are going up in flames... maybe you can still find some form of happiness through it all.

Heck, this could be one of the last pleasant moments of their lives, a last moment of kind human connection before things go downhill. I really really hope not, but i'd rather be kind regardless.

I havent begun to condescend....but this isnt the DF, as I pointed out earlier....likely it will be if you ah.....gentlemen.....proceed....oh...btw....dont EVER answer for me sunny jim....Get used to that, because it isn't changing. And You are advocating for common decency....mind if I <smirk>
Whatever makes you feel good bud!

Exactly. I kinda just didn't want yet another death spiral of whatever he was leading into. This conversation has the potential of being nice, it doesn't have to get utterly trashed. Some people seem eager to drag it down into the dumpster fire board...

I just wanted to let op know that, yeah, Life puts you in a really really shitty trap sometimes, but some people out there get what it's like to be there, and even if things are going up in flames... maybe you can still find some form of happiness through it all.

Heck, this could be one of the last pleasant moments of their lives, a last moment of kind human connection before things go downhill. I really really hope not, but i'd rather be kind regardless.
Well said. You have a kind heart and your absolutely right this could be the last time they are shown any kindness and us of all people should be able to have some level of empathy for the poor bastard

can anyone please enlighten me how is putting yourself and more importantly your animals (if you happen to have any) at risk for no nothing "being authentic and free"?
that's like the main part of the op that puzzles me. why do that? you can totally say you really like whatever your preferred animal is, you just don't say it's also sexual (omitting one detail is not the same as lying). is that really so restricting or whatever?

I am going to talk to my dad at the end of the month and share everything with him too. I'm absolutely set on doing this. I have wanted to tell my family for a long time. The value of feeling authentic, genuine and free is so much greater than the feelings of falseness I have been experiencing over the past few years. If it means that my family cuts me out, then so be it. I have accepted this.
It's good you realize the possibility of them cutting ties with you. You're certainly braver then me though, cause i could NEVER come out to my family, or even any of my friends about being Zoo.

Some folks seem to change opinions with the speed of light. Others dont change because they cant get much lower....funny how quick they hit the ig list. Thank the Goddess, a few of the crew never change. Even when we dont always agree. Y'all know who ye be.😉

Woah! The responses to my post have been quite striking! I wasn't expecting all this! In general there seems to be a lot of anger, fear and concern in the responses here. @Mosteel I think you understand where I am coming from the most.

I'd like to give some more context about me. I am from the US, born and raised. I am aware of the risk involved in being open about practicing zoophilia/bestiality. There may be risks I am unaware of, and reading some of the responses here it's as if I need to be prepared to be searched and arrested at any moment. Although I am not discounting the wisdom in taking precautions, this is not something I am worried about. Since it's been brought to my attention though I will do some more research and adjust my approach to this accordingly. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, and this would be a great point to talk with my therapist about.

I don't have any animals. I'm not sure if I will or not at any point. Right now, I can't afford to take care of anything other than my beautiful carnivorous plants. I'm not sure how keeping animals fits into my life in the future either.

It does seem I have different standards from some here as @Mosteel put it. My differing standards are not from culture, they are from my own life lessons. I highly value honesty, bravery and authenticity, even when they bring hardship and conflict. I have seriously struggled to be these things in my past, and every day I strive to live up to these values in healthy ways so I can hold my head high as the man I want to be. This gives my life color and meaning and makes my days richer.

I want to clarify for @RexShepherd that I am not currently lying to my GF. I had been until last summer, and I am not anymore.

Now for something that may be surprising (and perhaps appalling) to some here: I have recently told not only my family but also a friend, a trusted co-worker, and my housemate. I did this as practice before telling my family. My friend made it about himself and told me that he wanted to 'fight it' with me. I have not spoken to him since because I felt completely unheard by him. I have often wondered about getting back in touch and will probably do so, I just don't know when. My co-worker disagreed with zoophilia, however she made it clear that she would support me however she was able. She shared something with me that she doesn't share with anybody else too and I felt closer to her afterwards. My housemate is neutral on the topic, and I have found great comfort in being frank with her about what I feel and what's going on in my life. She is also extremely supportive. I can talk to her any time about bestiality.

I relate the above to illustrate that it's really not been all bad for me. I have, by opening up, found valuable support and closer connections in my life. I would have missed these opportunities by staying silent.

I want to address @nekdoneco123 's question about omitting the sexual details of my enthusiasm/admiration of animals. I approach this on a case by case basis. For people who I don't know personally, and have no interest in knowing personally, I don't bring up the topic of animals at all. It's simply not relevant most of the time. For friends I may or may not share. It depends on how much I trust them, what I judge of their character, and how often I see them.

For people who I have intimate relationships with, hiding such details about myself erodes my perception of closeness with those people. If that goes on long enough I begin to feel false, as if that person does not truly know me and that I am manipulating them to acquire their love. I want their love to be voluntary. Love, to be of value to me, must be given voluntarily with everything on the table. Not telling them the full truth then becomes a series of lies by omission. At that point, I am effectively lying to acquire their love. I've done this enough in the past, and I cannot tolerate compromising my moral code in this way any more.

Another super long post.... I hope that's alright. I hope this clarifies some things. Thank you for all your responses so far!

Woah! The responses to my post have been quite striking! I wasn't expecting all this! In general there seems to be a lot of anger, fear and concern in the responses here. @Mosteel I think you understand where I am coming from the most.

I'd like to give some more context about me. I am from the US, born and raised. I am aware of the risk involved in being open about practicing zoophilia/bestiality. There may be risks I am unaware of, and reading some of the responses here it's as if I need to be prepared to be searched and arrested at any moment. Although I am not discounting the wisdom in taking precautions, this is not something I am worried about. Since it's been brought to my attention though I will do some more research and adjust my approach to this accordingly. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, and this would be a great point to talk with my therapist about.

I don't have any animals. I'm not sure if I will or not at any point. Right now, I can't afford to take care of anything other than my beautiful carnivorous plants. I'm not sure how keeping animals fits into my life in the future either.

It does seem I have different standards from some here as @Mosteel put it. My differing standards are not from culture, they are from my own life lessons. I highly value honesty, bravery and authenticity, even when they bring hardship and conflict. I have seriously struggled to be these things in my past, and every day I strive to live up to these values in healthy ways so I can hold my head high as the man I want to be. This gives my life color and meaning and makes my days richer.

I want to clarify for @RexShepherd that I am not currently lying to my GF. I had been until last summer, and I am not anymore.

Now for something that may be surprising (and perhaps appalling) to some here: I have recently told not only my family but also a friend, a trusted co-worker, and my housemate. I did this as practice before telling my family. My friend made it about himself and told me that he wanted to 'fight it' with me. I have not spoken to him since because I felt completely unheard by him. I have often wondered about getting back in touch and will probably do so, I just don't know when. My co-worker disagreed with zoophilia, however she made it clear that she would support me however she was able. She shared something with me that she doesn't share with anybody else too and I felt closer to her afterwards. My housemate is neutral on the topic, and I have found great comfort in being frank with her about what I feel and what's going on in my life. She is also extremely supportive. I can talk to her any time about bestiality.

I relate the above to illustrate that it's really not been all bad for me. I have, by opening up, found valuable support and closer connections in my life. I would have missed these opportunities by staying silent.

I want to address @nekdoneco123 's question about omitting the sexual details of my enthusiasm/admiration of animals. I approach this on a case by case basis. For people who I don't know personally, and have no interest in knowing personally, I don't bring up the topic of animals at all. It's simply not relevant most of the time. For friends I may or may not share. It depends on how much I trust them, what I judge of their character, and how often I see them.

For people who I have intimate relationships with, hiding such details about myself erodes my perception of closeness with those people. If that goes on long enough I begin to feel false, as if that person does not truly know me and that I am manipulating them to acquire their love. I want their love to be voluntary. Love, to be of value to me, must be given voluntarily with everything on the table. Not telling them the full truth then becomes a series of lies by omission. At that point, I am effectively lying to acquire their love. I've done this enough in the past, and I cannot tolerate compromising my moral code in this way any more.

Another super long post.... I hope that's alright. I hope this clarifies some things. Thank you for all your responses so far!
It takes a strong man to stand for his own principles no matter the cost. A stronger man than you ever seem to see around anymore.

I'm so glad things are working out for you overall. Being honest about yourself can lose you alot, but what remains is often so much more
stronger and enriching. It may not work out so good for everyone, but it's wonderful that it has for you.
Distancing your "fight it with you" friend seems like the best move here. But don't pretend he doesn't exist, he might still get bitter over it all. It could cause trouble.
It's wonderful that you have multiple people willing to support you, even the point of sharing their own troubles.
I wish i had people to grow that close with...

Godspeed to you.

I don't think coming out is right for everyone. It's not even right for the majority of people. There's a lot to loose and not much to gain.
Especially if you have animal partners that will come to harm. They come first, even above honor.
But this seems like a unique case. One that actually seems to be working.

I know in 5 minutes the usual buttsacks are gonna be shitting all over this. But maybe some others will be able to see what really went on here.
A man stuck to his morals and principles, choosing to do so fully aware of the risks and trials it would bring.
But also aware of the rewards living a just and honest life can often bring.

It reminds me of the coming out stories earlier in the lgbt community. It always confused me how the god fearing, honor preaching boomers would shit on such, almost unaware that they were promoting a culture of lies, social distrust and corruption. Maybe that culture is why so much has gone to shit. You kick the truth enough, you scare it off! The new generation doesn't like that, so they're swinging hard in the other direction, trying to regain the honor and the social happiness the boomers threw away.

Through hard choices, and harder trials, in the end, you can live a life of quality.
Just be aware of those trials...

Last edited:
Telling your secret to other people whom ever it may be friends or family is putting them in the same position you seem to be in which is not being able to handle it all by yourself so it might go way past your family and create more trouble for you than you could ever have anticipated in your how this is gonna work out thought process.
You think telling your family was doing the right thing which was all about clearing your conscience well lets hope for your sake that them wanting to clear there conscience of what they believe you are doing is so terribly wrong that they don't do that by telling the authorities and having you arrested so you and your animal will stop being in there conscience at all times plaguing there moral compass.When they think you are a rapist it would be a hard secret to keep if they think there only option out of love for you is to get you the help they think you and that poor animal need.
Hope it all works out for you though but I think I would start packing a bug-out bag.

Back