Human food that's ok for dogs

I would start with a list of stuff a dog shouldn't eat by any means:
salt,
garlic,
onion,
chocolate,
avocado,
grape
My first dog died in the age of 10 because of kidney failure. We thought giving him human food was a good idea. No it wasn't.
Always remember: humans are omnivores, dogs carnivores. Humans have an extreme wide food spectrum. Quite interesting that a lot of stuff we eat, is pure poison for other animals, especially stuff that contains alkaloids.

Just like people dogs will have their individual food allergies for instance I had a boxer that couldn't have pork when I was a kid. Every time he ate it he would throw it back up and then not eat for a day and a half.

There isn't any fiber in meat.
No but a keto diet isn't just meat. You have a huge amount of veggies you can have and most people that do keto long term end up eating more plant matter than animal.

Spinach, Lettuce, Avocado, Olives, Cucumber, Zucchini, Eggplant, Kale, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green Beans, Brussle Sprouts, Peppers to name a few.

You're still overthinking it. If you're wanting to get fancy with their meals maybe try this. Boil some plain boneless chicken. Cook some rice. Add them together in a bowl and make the mixture about 1/3rd chicken, 2/3rd white rice. Add about 500-600MG of plain cranberry powder which you can source from cranberry supplement capsules, and then add 1-2 capsules of salmon oil which can also be obtained from supplement capsules, as a bonus their coats will absolutely shine! I can almost guarantee you that they'll absolutely love it! Every ingredient should be safe for dogs to consume and should be pretty healthy for them.

But I'm not a dog nutritionist, so feel free to do your own research as well.
My boy loves to eat this too but i don't use salmon oil(i should look into it) I usually add an egg to it though

No but a keto diet isn't just meat. You have a huge amount of veggies you can have and most people that do keto long term end up eating more plant matter than animal.

Spinach, Lettuce, Avocado, Olives, Cucumber, Zucchini, Eggplant, Kale, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green Beans, Brussle Sprouts, Peppers to name a few.
That's not really keto. More low glycemic index. For true keto the majority of your calories must come from fat. Now if losing weight you're almost guaranteed to be keto as 1000/kcal/day is just your internal fast reserves.

That's not really keto. More low glycemic index. For true keto the majority of your calories must come from fat. Now if losing weight you're almost guaranteed to be keto as 1000/kcal/day is just your internal fast reserves.
He probably puts fatty olive oil on his salad.

My boy loves to eat this too but i don't use salmon oil(i should look into it) I usually add an egg to it though
My girl's coats used to be excessively dry, to the point where my Newfie used to chew out a fair bit of her coat around her lower back. Once I started adding fish oil to my girl's diets it took about 1/1.5 months but their coats MASSIVELY improved. When I took my Newfie for a checkup the vet was actually very impressed with the shape of her coat compared to shape it was in the last time she had visited them. They've had fish oil (and sometimes salmon oil) in their diets for well over a year now. With the preventive measures I take with fleas, their coasts always look wonderful, and with my Newfie girl also very shiny! :)

No, it is keto. As long as you fit within the macros it's within the diet.

You can eat 70% of your calories from fat, leaving 5-10% for carbs depending on the veggies. On a standard 2000 calorie diet that's almost 2lbs of steamed broccoli to make it to 200 calories (and only 19 grams of carbs!). As fat is substantially more nutrient dense the total volume needs to be far less by weight.

For reference 2lbs of beef tallow is 8150 calories.

No, it is keto. As long as you fit within the macros it's within the diet.

You can eat 70% of your calories from fat, leaving 5-10% for carbs depending on the veggies. On a standard 2000 calorie diet that's almost 2lbs of steamed broccoli to make it to 200 calories (and only 19 grams of carbs!). As fat is substantially more nutrient dense the total volume needs to be far less by weight.

For reference 2lbs of beef tallow is 8150 calories.
If that's your only carb yes. Realistically your end to having to account for incidental carbohydrates like maltodextrin. As someone who had to drag their mother through this diet I can say you have to be on your toes to keep in ketosis when not losing weight. Especially as most people find pure fats unappetizing.

If that's your only carb yes. Realistically your end to having to account for incidental carbohydrates like maltodextrin. As someone who had to drag their mother through this diet I can say you have to be on your toes to keep in ketosis when not losing weight. Especially as most people find pure fats unappetizing.
Yeah, I don't think many people would want to eat ~2lbs of the same veggie in a day. Outside observers frequently see keto as the "Bacon and steak diet" when in reality it's a lot more than that. I eat a lot of salads (with home made dressings as most store bought ones are loaded with sugar) and am more likely to eat an avocado/egg scramble than bacon for breakfast. Really,got tired of bacon pretty fast.

Yeah, I don't think many people would want to eat ~2lbs of the same veggie in a day. Outside observers frequently see keto as the "Bacon and steak diet" when in reality it's a lot more than that. I eat a lot of salads (with home made dressings as most store bought ones are loaded with sugar) and am more likely to eat an avocado/egg scramble than bacon for breakfast. Really,got tired of bacon pretty fast.
Yeah bacon isn't that enticing for me either.

Back