How can I convince my dog not to be sterilized?

1spyro

for the moment I don't have a dog but I plan to have one
the problem is that I live with my mother and father and I don't know how to convince them not to neuter him if he is a male

Either with facts about the disadvantages of castration:
Or other castration related facts:

Or by convincing them that it is not necessary and a non-castrated dog can coexist with other humans and animals just well if socialized properly.

for the moment I don't have a dog but I plan to have one
the problem is that I live with my mother and father and I don't know how to convince them not to neuter him if he is a male
Have they told you he should be castrated ?,
Yes it is the correct word. Neuter is an euphemism to hide the truth.
If they really want to interfere, you just tell them that he also is meant for breeding.
(and being here at ZV, you probably want that anyway 😊)

If they really want to interfere, you just tell them that he also is meant for breeding.
(and being here at ZV, you probably want that anyway 😊)
*no one
*literally no one

*out of nowhere:
"BuT muuUm I wANt tO StArt a bReEdinG bUSiNesS oUt oF dAMn nOwhEre" (in this case with the purpose of making/selling puppies I guess)

This is the most lamest, nonsense excuse/advice someone can come up with in like, one second.😒 Seriously...

Last edited:
*no one
*literally no one

*out of nowhere:
"BuT muuUm I wANt hIm To bE BrEd"

This is the most lamest, nonsense excuse/advice someone can come up with in like, one second.😒 Seriously...
This way you just show yourself. 😵‍💫
So singleminded to think that I advise her to tell her parents she will mate him. That’s not what I wrote.

Either with facts about the disadvantages of castration:

Or other castration related facts:

Or by convincing them that it is not necessary and a non-castrated dog can coexist with other humans and animals just well if socialized properly.
thank you for your support

Your parents house - your parents RULES.

Sorry, but that is the way things should be. Move out and then the decision is yours.

Well, i just made it simple. There are lots of risks, not just risks but results as well i.e. getting fat and lazy, not right a way but in a few years. My moto is "if it isn't broke, don't touch it" goes the same for neutering/castration.

Well, i just made it simple. There are lots of risks, not just risks but results as well i.e. getting fat and lazy, not right a way but in a few years. My moto is "if it isn't broke, don't touch it" goes the same for neutering/castration.
Growth issues due to plates not closing as/when they should, insecurity due to hormonal imbalance

Growth issues due to plates not closing as/when they should, insecurity due to hormonal imbalance
Yeah, if things meant to be there, I'm pretty sure they are there for many valid reasons. My friends are planning to fix their lab, just for few days of a little inconvenience in a year, very sad...

But they do vasectomy for a bunch of reasons 😀
It is easy to perform a vasectomy on a dog too.
But they castrate them to make them ‘not male’ = to act as a bitch without the heat and pregnancy.
Earlier criminal men got castrated or lobectomiced to chance their behaviour.

The reason vets push it so much is because almost no one is able to handle an intact dog. Both with the hormones coursing through them and not allowing them to mate and create litters. Especially mixed breeds with combined names. When you say you want to use the dog for breeding, a vet is going to double down on it because you have a mutt or a back yard bred puppy mill dog not worth breeding. The average american pet owner is going to kill their dog from poor genetics, obesity and being hit by a car before any potential side effects from neutering a dog at 8 weeks. Neuter your pets, or at least be sure one of the sexes is fixed so they can't reproduce puppies.
Tell your vet or whoever, you'd rather have a vesectomy done, or simply say not at this time, maybe later.

Should not be needed any persuasion, in order to be able to keep the dog intact?
Why would it be necessary to operate someone who is healthy?
Here in Sweden, it is not so common with castrated dogs.
Castrering is nothing that vetriner recommends here, and they would never do it before the age of 1 year.
In Sweden, there is no street dogs at all, if it would be a big reason for castration according to vetins.
it does not work!

You could say you have a friend that has a female and wants to breed with him and other person will give you a cut of money. Just save a bit of money then appear with the cash every so often saying its from the puppy sales or a breeding fee.

“Ha ha, Biff! Mom says we’re going to the vet so I can get tutored!” Far Side 🤣
Haha, nowadays, with google you can tutore any vet yourself. I don't think the vet is smarter than research done by universities & actual scientists.

Should not be needed any persuasion, in order to be able to keep the dog intact?
Why would it be necessary to operate someone who is healthy?
Here in Sweden, it is not so common with castrated dogs.
Castrering is nothing that vetriner recommends here, and they would never do it before the age of 1 year.
In Sweden, there is no street dogs at all, if it would be a big reason for castration according to vetins.
it does not work!
Same thing here in a small country near Germany in Europe. Most male dogs and majority of female dogs are intact here, fortunately. And people are quite responsible here so we have almost no stray dogs + killing of dogs in shelters is illegal. Also, we have pretty good animal protection laws, but on the other hand we have no anti-zoo laws (even sex with animals is not illegal by law). I just really hope that things (laws) won't get worse in the future here.

If your parents are worried about your dog breeding a bitch for puppies. Then Find a Vet that will do a Vasectomy for dog. Get the papers from the Vet that say the dog is sterile. If your parents are worried about behaviors of an intact dog. You have to find explanations regarding how a dogs behavior may not change after the operation. Lots of people Neuter a dog and they do not change the dogs behavior.

Hmmm...another CLOSED profile.....didnt you ask this question shortly after joining? Someone did. If your parents are giving you a place to live, along with the dog, how old are you? Simple fact....under their roof, he's their dog, bub. You can beg, scream, whine, throw a tantrum, turn blue and a host of other things, not one of which will work. IF you can get your own place, do it. If not, well, Kathryn Heigl said "I don't like balls". Get used to the idea.

Last edited:
Hmmm...another CLOSED profile.....didnt you ask this question shortly after joining? Someone did. If your parents are giving you a place to live, along with the dog, how old are you? Simple fact....under their roof, he's their dog, bub. You can beg, scream, whine, throw a tantrum, turn blue and a host of other things, not one of which will work. IF you can get your own place, do it. If not, well, Kathryn Heigl said "I don't like balls". Get used to the idea.
it has been canceled it doesn't count anymore to take a dog

I didn't know that my tale was closed

A vet would tell you it helps a male dog keep his size and build as long as he is not aggressive. This could also depend if breed. And if you have more than one male dog. So consulting your vet and relating the information to your parents would be your best bet imo.

Back