Help with telegram ban?

Always_Horny05

Tourist
BANNED USER
Not sure where to start. I use to have a telegram account where i would trade content with other users, but i think one of the groupchats i was in got banned aswell as everyone else inside it. Telegram says my number is banned and i have no clue how to get around this.

A good majority of people here use telegram and i hate the feeling of having to miss out because i was unlucky. I've tried a few text now numbers for registration but they're always banned.

If anybody knows how to help with this i'd appreciate it greatly. Not sure what else to do but i dont want to give up on it entirely either

So let's see, you used your actual number for telegram, it got banned along with a group of others and NOW you want to use an alternative number. Getting around a number ban should be the LEAST of your worries.

So let's see, you used your actual number for telegram, it got banned along with a group of others and NOW you want to use an alternative number. Getting around a number ban should be the LEAST of your worries.
yea, kind of a big yikes on my part. I guess i shouldnt have been so naive when registering, but i had made my account years ago and was only using it for chatting before hand. I guess the smart thing to do would've been to make a seperate account specifically for content trading

Telegram became not safe for zoo:

You could buy a separate sim card with cash, use an old phone in a different city to register and then throw the hardware into fire. Of course that means you can never log out, because you will never be able to log back in.
Do not use telegram. :D

Telegram became not safe for zoo:

You could buy a separate sim card with cash, use an old phone in a different city to register and then throw the hardware into fire. Of course that means you can never log out, because you will never be able to log back in.
Do not use telegram. :D
why should i not use telegram? I see tons of people here using it. Is it not secure?

why should i not use telegram? I see tons of people here using it. Is it not secure?
Because telegram groups seem to be taken down often by the company. That means that the telegram company has a way of reporting and decrypting user messages in order to review whether they should take a group down or ban a user. So no, it is not secure.
That literally happened to you.

Tons of people are using email for illegal stuff despite it being plain text and inherently insecure. :D
Tons of people use skype or watsapp despite these programs being basically a spyware. :D

Telegram has numerous other security problems like the use of a phone number. Or the fact that it stores data on your device unencrypted or that their group chats are in fact not end to end encrypted.
This app is designed to make you somewhat safe online but not to protect you from your own device and it is by no means designed to be used for illegal stuff. As you can see the company will happily ban users for it.

Last edited:
I’ve sort of wanted to make a telegram but none of the disposable numbers work for it I think, is element a good alternative?

I’ve sort of wanted to make a telegram but none of the disposable numbers work for it I think, is element a good alternative?
They mostly require email for registration and they do seem to be using actual end2end encryption.
Public groups probably are not safe there, but private conversation should be.

If you have to give an app your personal contact information it's not secure. People need to get it through their heads that faceless corporations are not something to be trusted with information.

Reactions: pes
Why not use wickr

Total Compliance

Wickr allows you to secure your communications while remaining totally compliant with industry regulations. While most working-level communications should never be stored for security purposes, some information must be maintained for HIPAA, FINRA, FOIA, FRA, e-discovery, auditing purposes, and more.
HIPAA compliace: (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) In other words storing personal information in case you break insurance rules.
FINRA compliace: (The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) Same as above but for money.
FIOA compliace: (The Freedom of Information Act): This one is priceless: The Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552, is a federal freedom of information law that requires the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States government upon request. Yep, that is beautiful and completely secure. :D
FRA compliance: Financial responsibility and motor vehicle insurance. So another personal information storing.

Yep guy use Wickr which is based in New York and therefore within the laws of the United States. :D

Total Compliance

Wickr allows you to secure your communications while remaining totally compliant with industry regulations. While most working-level communications should never be stored for security purposes, some information must be maintained for HIPAA, FINRA, FOIA, FRA, e-discovery, auditing purposes, and more.
HIPAA compliace: (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) In other words storing personal information in case you break insurance rules.
FINRA compliace: (The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) Same as above but for money.
FIOA compliace: (The Freedom of Information Act): This one is priceless: The Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552, is a federal freedom of information law that requires the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States government upon request. Yep, that is beautiful and completely secure. :D
FRA compliance: Financial responsibility and motor vehicle insurance. So another personal information storing.

Yep guy use Wickr which is based in New York and therefore within the laws of the United States. :D
This entirely depends on what they're able to provide though. Most of the major leading VPNs comply with valid requests from law enforcement, it's jsut that they're unable to be very helpful.

Total Compliance

Wickr is owned by Amazon
"We saw you talking about red rockets, here's some red rockets you might like to buy..."

Back