Gun Ownership - NO politics, just "Do you or do you not own a firearm"

Do you legally own a firearm of any kind?

• I own one or more firearms, and am an American

Votes: 368 56.9%
  • I own NO firearms, and am an American

Votes: 98 15.1%
  • I own one or more firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • I own NO firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 98 15.1%
  • I am not legally able to own a firearm (Feel free to specify reason)

Votes: 23 3.6%

• Total voters
NO BOATING ACCIDENTS!!!! :)
It wasn't my fault!
See what had happen was. I was out on the boat and I thought it would be a glorious day to clean my guns when some jack wagon on a skidoo rammed my starboard bow and POOF! GONE! DISAPPEARED like a fart in the wind.

Careful on definitions of need vs want.

Car=want
Mansion=want
Gun=want
Ping Pong Table=want

Food=need
Oxygen=need
shelter=need

Careful on definitions of need vs want.

Car=want
Mansion=want
Gun=want
Ping Pong Table=want

Food=need
Oxygen=need
shelter=need
no a gun is a needed thing, all ways has, it is a tool that is part of survival and protection. It gets you food and then protects that food.

no a gun is a needed thing, all ways has, it is a tool that is part of survival and protection. It gets you food and then protects that food.
All humans have the same basic needs.A firearm isn't one of them.

It's - always.:cool:

All humans have the same basic needs.A firearm isn't one of them.

It's - always.:cool:
Untill some one decides they want what you have, or another stronger animal, oh well reality going to demonstrate to you the hard way at some point! Europe is getting a heft reminder of that atm

Untill some one decides they want what you have, or another stronger animal, oh well reality going to demonstrate to you the hard way at some point! Europe is getting a heft reminder of that atm
Not debating protection.

I am talking basic human needs for survival.

I'll await the invasion you predict.I am sure I'll be fine one way or the other.

Not debating protection.

I am talking basic human needs for survival.

I'll await the invasion you predict.I am sure I'll be fine one way or the other.
I never predicted any invasion, albeit it is entirely possible some time in the future as it is for any country that exists.

Protection is a need, with out protection you soon become very protected as another lunch. it is very sad how many have forgotten basic aspects of life. you seem to think humans are some how not part of the ecosystem.

I never predicted any invasion, albeit it is entirely possible some time in the future as it is for any country that exists.

Protection is a need, with out protection you soon become very protected as another lunch. it is very sad how many have forgotten basic aspects of life. you seem to think humans are some how not part of the ecosystem.
It's funny that you assume what I have forgotten.

You(see what I did there , ;) ) would be far better based for rebuttal if one were to say I want a firearm for protection. Saying you need it gives merit to someone arguing against you who has survived up to this point in life along side you and they could say they didn't NEED a firearm to do it.

But

If you had a tool that you state could dramatically increase your chance for survival in said situation it lends to giving much more credence to building your debate.

It's funny that you assume what I have forgotten.

You(see what I did there , ;) ) would be far better based for rebuttal if one were to say I want a firearm for protection. Saying you need it gives merit to someone arguing against you who has survived up to this point in life along side you and they could say they didn't NEED a firearm to do it.

But

If you had a tool that you state could dramatically increase your chance for survival in said situation it lends to giving much more credence to building your debate.
Which part of "NO politics" aren't you getting? Take it over to the other thread, dude.

I'm a texan ... Damnit

I keep a gun in the truck
Couple at the farm , couple more at the house.
I don't shoot very often
I don't think I've ever paid for any of em. They are all either gifts or hand me downs. Huh I guess I've never really thought about it

I like the historical significance of certain models. Personally I love anything designed by John Browning. The guy was 17 when he patented his first design for a lever action rifle. He had a 7th grade education at best , but was a genius in his own right. Super amazing guy. He certainly left his mark on America and the world.
I could totally see myself as a collector of early to mid century firearms.

I have a crossbow that can group shots within six inches at fifty yards, and fire a bolt every two seconds out of a seven-bolt magazine, if that counts?

Guns are really loud. My opinion of them kinda starts and ends there.
Crossbows are definitely deadly, but as you stated, they’re range limited. Every weapon has its more specific purpose, and some are more multi purpose than the others.

I personally love shooting my compound bows, but I’d never attempt to kill anything that’s over 80 yards unless I was completely desperate and without a rifle. You use the correct tool designed for the job. Having to track down an injured animal because of a poorly place shot sucks. Not only for the pain of finding it and lugging it out of the bush or ravine it’s hiding in, but the pain and suffering it’s going though until you find it and put it out of its misery.

I’d never attempt to kill anything that’s over 80 yards unless I was completely desperate and without a rifle. You use the correct tool designed for the job. Having to track down an injured animal because of a poorly place shot sucks. Not only for the pain of finding it and lugging it out of the bush or ravine it’s hiding in, but the pain and suffering it’s going though until you find it and put it out of its misery.
I use my crossbow for target shooting, because I've come to prefer bows and crossbows over guns in videogames and wanted to try a real one, albeit one closer to the mythical capabilties of the ones found in such games. It never crosses my mind to point it at something that breathes; I can't even imagine ending up in a situation like this, or come close to relating to that lifestyle. I'd do anything to snuggle with a deer, pet a tiger, get hugged by a bear. Killing them, to me, seems... barbaric.

Maybe some twenty-thousand years ago when we were hunter-gatherers, but in the age of agriculture and grocery stores and automation... it just seems so incredibly unnecessary today. So many things would have to go so completely wrong for someone - someone like me anyway - to even end up in the sort of straight-up survival situation to necessitate so much as that sort of thinking, let alone actually going about killing something.

Anyway, I'm not trying to start a fight here or anything, I get that there's a lot of hunters-vs-vegans or something like that; I don't really pick a side. I've no problem nomming on a storebought hotdog, but think cows are the cutest thing ever, but.. I guess I'm in that hypocrite camp or something? Should just switch to lab-grown meats and let the cows do their thing. Ugh, shit, I started typing and forgot to stop, ignore me...

Not trying to bash on your lifestyle or anything. You do you, just.. not where I can see you. If you pointed a gun at some beautiful beastie while I was around, I'd probably jump in front of the gun, lol.

I hope our species actually matures someday. All this food-chain stuff seems so behind us. Maybe not in my lifetime, but... someday.

Good heavens, did this get rambly.

Hi. Canadian here and I absolutely own guns. Wish I had as many gun options as my American brothers and sisters. A government should not fear a responsible armed populous

This thread is a total phishing expedition.

Can't believe people are willing to disclose their personal possessions, especially firearms.

This thread is a total phishing expedition.

Can't believe people are willing to disclose their personal possessions, especially firearms.
That’s probably cause they’re not from Canada. With all the shit we’re dealing with now, it’s better to keep that on the downlow.

I don’t own any guns or ammunition :D lol

Well, if I thought I were in jeopardy participating on ZooVille, my concerns would be about some of the other things I've shared, not the legal firearms I own. 😁;)
Not Canadian then? lol

Reactions: IHO
Back