Gun Ownership - NO politics, just "Do you or do you not own a firearm"

Do you legally own a firearm of any kind?

• I own one or more firearms, and am an American

Votes: 365 56.7%
  • I own NO firearms, and am an American

Votes: 98 15.2%
  • I own one or more firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • I own NO firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 98 15.2%
  • I am not legally able to own a firearm (Feel free to specify reason)

Votes: 23 3.6%

• Total voters

UR20Z

Dumpster Diver
This is primarily aimed (pun not intended - just one of life's happy little accidents :) ) at Americans, but absolutely feel free to jump in no matter what your citizenship.

Not looking for "guns good/bad/scary/evil/life-savers/etc" stuff - Just curious, assuming you're willing to share, as to whether YOU LEGALLY OWN one or more firearms.

For purposes of this poll, when I say legally own, I mean you are legally allowed to have one in the jurisdiction you call home, and the one you have, if any, is legally yours - not borrowed, rented, or most especially, stolen.

I'll start it out by answering Yes, I do own one or more firearms, and am an American.

I'll expand a bit to note that I possess a concealed carry license, and routinely go armed with a revolver, as well as owning long guns, including a <GASP! Can't you just feel the evil sweating out of the next few words?> AR-15 semi-automatic rifle! A genuine (according to a rather brain-dead law - but I said no politics) Assault Weapon!

yep, own firearms. not really for safety but just because they are fun to use (responsibly) and some look really, really cool.
I used to own a few myself for these same exact reasons, but no longer own any due to financial reasons. (Guns are motherf*cking expensive!)

I live in the USA, and I don't like to call myself a "citizen" (subject) but for purposes of living in the states, I LEGALLY put "citizen" as "simply living in the states without being a subject" isn't an option on the forms.

I'm an American but I do not own any firearms. That will probably change in the future. I plan to eventually get a 9mm handgun or a .22 handgun with hallow pointed bullets. I mainly plan on getting one for protection. Although dogs do make good protection as it stands.

Edit: I now own a 9mm pistol as of last month.

Last edited:
Yikes! That's a nasty round! Was that the .45?

Edit: That's why I won't own a firearm for self defense. I hate violence. But you certainly have that right to do so if that is what you want to do.

I will say target shooting is a hell of a lot of fun, though! :D

Last edited:
Yikes! That's a nasty round! Was that the .45?

Edit: That's why I won't own a firearm for self defense. I hate violence. But you certainly have that right to do so if that is what you want to do.

I will say target shooting is a hell of a lot of fun, though! :D
.45 steel jacketed hollow points

Indiana legal resident with fire power... ya never know what the future will bring!!! Some of my fellow Hoosiers in other counties including mine have passed our own law that basically states no matter what the government passes as law we will not be playing by their rules.. In short this means ANY infringing on our 2nd amendment right and this includes state and federal will not be supported in any form what ever that may be!!! out of 99 counties here in Indiana 20 have passed 31 are pending 2 have voted no, and 45 have yet to form a committee. This is a nation wide movement so if you are a gun owner and are interested in forming a committee in your own county search the 2a movement in your state.

Hmmm... that's an amusing coincidence... As I'm typing this, the count stands at:

19 Americans who own
5 who don't
2 Not-Americans who do
5 who don't
2 "can't", which I of course count as part of the "don't" group.

Add 'em up...
21 respondents do.
12 don't.

21-12.

Don't get it? Look at my avatar image and think about it... :)

Still don't get it? You poor deprived person! :) My avatar image is a cropped-down section featuring Rush's "Starman" logo - which first appeared on the back cover of their blockbuster 1976 concept album "2112", arguably the most recognizable album of their career.

Back