Guesstimating size?

I've got a question about my newest boy. I'm a bit morbidly curious about something.

I'm not particularly familiar with the variations in sizes or if they really vary much at all. Is there anyway to estimate their size without just getting them excited? He's a former stray and a mutt so no-one knows what breed he is.

I just don't really want to start anything, keeping everything as a fantasy for now. As well as the fact that, while he is fully developed, he still has 30+ pounds to grow.

Even within a breed and weight, penis size in dogs is pretty variable. Just wait until you're both ready to be horny, and find out.

Waiting is absolutely the thing to do. ESPECIALLY with a dog that is not even done growing...

In my experience, and others, dogs vary quite a bit between individuals even if they're the same breed. There is no real way to judge size (beyond their body type) until they are grown adults and decide if they want to show you.

Great to know, is there a particular rule of thumb I should follow on what to look for?
Depends on who you ask. Most people say "around 1.5 years of age" while to more old school folks state "when the dog lifts his leg to pee, he's likely ready." Although I'd be hesitant with the latter advice as that can vary from around 6 months to a couple of years, and anything before a year is WAY too early for anything sexual in my opinion. ~1.5 years of age is likely the safest middle ground.

Depends on who you ask. Most people say "around 1.5 years of age" while to more old school folks state "when the dog lifts his leg to pee, he's likely ready." Although I'd be hesitant with the latter advice as that can vary from around 6 months to a couple of years, and anything before a year is WAY too early for anything sexual in my opinion. ~1.5 years of age is likely the safest middle ground.
Oh, ok. That's what I was wondering about.
I wasn't as clear as I was aiming for when I asked that.

The lifting of the leg is like the first heat in female dogs. So he is sexually mature, but by no means mature for breeding/zoosex.
The dates of sexual maturity and breeding maturity are different, I hope Google translates it correctly. Breeding maturity is required for zoo sex.
For females, breeding maturity is calculated from the second heat* and the breeding maturity of males is equivalent to this, which is app. 1.5 years.

*There are females that come into heat at 6 months, their second heat will be at 1 year old, which is too early, in this case you have to wait for the third heat.

Back