Favorite horse breed, in general?

No one mentioned the most important horse in history... the Mustang. Appaloosas and lineback Duns are basic horses. The breed thats carried civilization on its back whereever civilization has gone. Nice to live where I see them every day in groups from three to a hundred.
Mustangs aren't a breed. It's just an umrella term for spanish horses that became feral in america. But there is no controlled breeding and as such no breed.
Here are my favorites:
Boulonnais, andalusian, lippizaner.

Frisians and Gypsys are pretty nice. I like the larger bone.

But my ideal horse would be drafty pony or large mini horse in the 9 to 10 hh range, cobbish in the back, narrower rib cage, slight dish to the head, long silky hair, long mane, full tail, hairy furlocks and fetlocks, flaxen color, no pink skin.

it's a good question, i have 15 horses, all from different breeds but i think my mangalarga marchador
He is such a handsome boy! I can see why he's your favorite, mine probably still is an appaloosa, ever since my uncle got one I've been obsessed with him. They just so cute

Hello everyone! This is my first actual post. So, just out of curiousity, what is your favorite horse? I love horses so much but I never got to have one as a companion, but I plan to in the future. Personally, looks-wise, I adore akhal-tekes, love leopard appaloosas, and honestly black forest horses are so majestic and gorgeous. What are your favorites?
View attachment 160419
View attachment 160420View attachment 160421
For me Pinto's or any spotted type and not much fan on thoroughbred but I'd love appollosa though

it's a good question, i have 15 horses, all from different breeds but i think my mangalarga marchador
That is an amazingly beautiful/handsome fellow you have there. I love the prance and paw thing he has going on. Such lovely coat pattern too. I love any horse with an interesting coat coloration.

I'm picky - I prefer the ones that whinny :)

What? Not picky enough? Oh, all right... The drafters and QHs especiaily turn my crank (but NOT QHs out of the "Impressive" line - they just plain look gross to me, and the idea of intentionally keeping that line and it's HYPP going and spreading through the breed is absolutely mind-bogglingly STUPID)

Shires. So big, so majestic. But I've only met one. I've spent a lot of time around Thoroughbreds, and if/when I decide to get a mare I'll be looking at them.

at the risk of sounding basic and immature, anything that drops honestly. If a big set of balls are attached, consider me interested.

Akhal Tekes are stunning horses. That golden shine is a stand alone breed trait and so unique.
I like most horses, sheer beauty of them and what not. I don't love them for mating though, I am not into that. I do like Belgians. Big puppies with a good work drive.

I love draft horses, especially the larger breeds. My favourites would have to be the Dutch Draft and Ardennais horses, they're just so tall and muscular. I love the feathering on their thick legs, they look like legwarmers. I'm very much a fan of point colouring (on any animal), and it seems pretty common among those breeds.

Heavy horses all the way, the bigger the better. Belgian draft, Shire, Gypsy Vanner, Percheron. They're big and muscular and well built, not to mention their strength and work ethic. They're just so hot... Wanna explore every inch of that big beauty.

iu

Mustangs aren't a breed. It's just an umrella term for spanish horses that became feral in america. But there is no controlled breeding and as such no breed.
Here are my favorites:
Boulonnais, andalusian, lippizaner.
Think so? Then you havent seen a Pryor Mountain or a Kiger Mustang. Your Andalusian and Lusitano are alive and well in the New World with damn little help from the Old. 😉

Anybody remember Ladyhawke? The Freisian stallion "Goliath" that Rutger Hauer rode... <DROOOOOOOOOOL> (And yes, he was a full stallion - off-screen, his name was Othello, and OMG he was incredible...)
See the source image

This movie already gave me zoo vibes to begin with, and damn if that horse isn't the cherry on top... What a gorgeous horse.

Back