Votes: 9 3.5%
  • Never smoked weed, but smoke cigarettes

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Quit both

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Never smoked either

Votes: 94 36.3%

• Total voters
Those of you struggling with giving up, why don't you use a vape? Most of my friends have quite cigarettes, there is no weed here at all, and it looks weird as fuck when I see someone smoking. PV and I use a vape socially when we visit a bar, so she has an excuse to go outside!

Those of you struggling with giving up, why don't you use a vape? Most of my friends have quite cigarettes, there is no weed here at all, and it looks weird as fuck when I see someone smoking. PV and I use a vape socially when we visit a bar, so she has an excuse to go outside!
Good advice, but in the states, most of the vaping stuff is now illegal to sell, or is unavailable.

I've heard the withdrawal from nicotine described as a very sick feeling. I'm assuming that's what you meant by "got pretty sick."
Withdrawal from nicotine can be tougher than withdrawal from alcohol. It takes longer for nicotine to leave your system than alcohol. It's tough. Have you thought about the patch? It's not a nicotine substitute, it's a weening program when you use it right. I know quite a few who've been successful with it.
Yes that's correct, I did feel physically ill from the withdrawl. Like, dying ill. Felt the same both times I tried to quit, plus I was extremely irritable. I honestly did not like the person I was during that. Actually did vomit once during the first attempt but that could have been the method I was using.
I tried a weird fake cigarette thing with nicotine in it the first try many years ago. I tried going the vape route the second time a few years ago but it ended up just being another habit and just seemed to make me want to smoke more. Like I wasn't getting what I needed from it. Never did try the patch, not sure why. I seen many of my family members try those unsuccessfully which could have influenced that.
Might just be the only thing I'll never shake off. :/

I just recently quit smoking cigarettes after having smoked for 44 years.
Best. Decision. Ever.

I tried to quit cold turkey several times over the years and was unable to do it.
Then I tried using various vapes a few times, but that didn't go well either. As soon as the vape hit my lungs I was a coughing fool.
Some of the guys I play Xbox with vape, so I told them I tried vaping a few times to quit cigs and they motivated me and told me to not give up and that I just needed to get a good vape mod, the right juice and to dial it in. My one friend suggested a certain model for me to try.

I am so glad I did. Once I got it dialed in, I was able to simply quit smoking by using the vape.
My smoker's cough, which after 44 years was getting pretty bad, was 95% gone after just 3 days of quitting cigarettes.
Simply amazing how your body can start to recover from that type of abuse.
After a few weeks of quitting cigs, I noticed that my energy levels just soared through the roof and it remains that way.

The key is that you really have to want to quit and you have to find the method that works for you.
For anyone who is trying to quit and is struggling... if you are considering vaping to get it done, I am happy to help you out in finding a vape combination that will work for you. Feel free to message me.

The key is that you really have to want to quit and you have to find the method that works for you.
I second this a hundred times.
We have a gov't program that supplies patches for free, but the first question they ask is, "Do you really want to quit?". Half say "no" that it's because they have to (spouse, work, school, etc.) and they are denied for the program because the resource would just be wasted.

I second this a hundred times.
We have a gov't program that supplies patches for free, but the first question they ask is, "Do you really want to quit?". Half say "no" that it's because they have to (spouse, work, school, etc.) and they are denied for the program because the resource would just be wasted.
Yes, you have to want to, so, so, bad. That's rule number one for kicking any addiction.

I just recently quit smoking cigarettes after having smoked for 44 years.
Best. Decision. Ever.

I tried to quit cold turkey several times over the years and was unable to do it.
Then I tried using various vapes a few times, but that didn't go well either. As soon as the vape hit my lungs I was a coughing fool.
Some of the guys I play Xbox with vape, so I told them I tried vaping a few times to quit cigs and they motivated me and told me to not give up and that I just needed to get a good vape mod, the right juice and to dial it in. My one friend suggested a certain model for me to try.

I am so glad I did. Once I got it dialed in, I was able to simply quit smoking by using the vape.
My smoker's cough, which after 44 years was getting pretty bad, was 95% gone after just 3 days of quitting cigarettes.
Simply amazing how your body can start to recover from that type of abuse.
After a few weeks of quitting cigs, I noticed that my energy levels just soared through the roof and it remains that way.

For anyone who is trying to quit and is struggling... if you are considering vaping to get it done, I am happy to help you out in finding a vape combination that will work for you. Feel free to message me.
This post is real, valuable inspiration for anyone having a hard time quitting. Everyone needs to read it. Thank-you for writing it!
And yes, if you don't have a burning desire to quit, you will not be successful in doing so. Every addiction is that way.

This post is real, valuable inspiration for anyone having a hard time quitting. Everyone needs to read it. Thank-you for writing it!
And yes, if you don't have a burning desire to quit, you will not be successful in doing so. Every addiction is that way.

One of the additional benefits that come out of quitting (and there are many!) is that you then feel like you can do absolutely anything if you put your mind to it. I mean, you just broke one of the most addictive habits you will ever encounter. It is right up there with heroin and cocaine. When you realize exactly what you have done by quitting, you will feel as if there is nothing you cannot overcome.

Regarding nicotine withdrawal... I didn't have any of that for some reason. So, cigarettes are about 27mg of nicotine. Premium vape juices come in 3, 6 or 14mg of nicotine (or also zero). If you want anything higher than that, you have to go to vaping NicSalts, which I don't know a lot about. I'm a vet, so I got some patches through the VA and I was using 14mg patches while vaping 6mg of ejuice. That was too much nicotine and it made me feel very "jumpy" and skittish, so I quit using the patch and just went with 6mg vape juice. That was 3 months ago. I am now down to either vaping 3mg nicotine juice or zero mg. I don't really miss the nicotine as far as I can tell.

At some point, I'm sure it will hit me that vaping now is just silly and I will quit that as well. Although for me it was an indispensable tool to quit cigs. I will never smoke another cigarette in my life.

Last edited:
I despise the smell of smoke. It’s about the only thing I hate about New York. My mother used to be a heavy smoker when I was a child, and it drove me nuts. It felt like she was suffocating me. To this day, I still get so frustrated at just the slightest whiff of it. You’d never catch me near a cigarette.

As for weed, I’ve never been interested in it, so I’ve never touched that either.

I have smoked weed a few times, never smoked a cigarette. I've been sorely tempted in my darker mental health moments, even though I grew up around a chronic smoker who eventually quit.

I despise the smell of smoke. It’s about the only thing I hate about New York. My mother used to be a heavy smoker when I was a child, and it drove me nuts. It felt like she was suffocating me. To this day, I still get so frustrated at just the slightest whiff of it. You’d never catch me near a cigarette.
My experience as well.

Because my parents smoked so much with the windows and doors shut tight, none of the kids in school wanted to associate with me unless their parents were smokers.

Um, no cigarettes or weed, but I have a pipe that I smoke occasionally. Maybe 2-3 times a month. Mostly I do it as a kind of personal ritual to clear my head, usually when I'm having writer's block. I smoke a good long way from the house and in open air to stop the lingering smell of stale tobacco smoke. Keep my smoking stuff in a sealed box for the same reason. It smells nice enough to me during the smoke, but the lingering afterward is terrible.

Smell of pipe also reminds me of my grandparents and their friends when I was little, which is nice. Smell of cigar reminds me of my crazy drug-addled uncle, which is a bit less pleasant (he wasn't abusive or anything, just hard to deal with - much better now he's sober). Cigarettes were too common at the time to bring up any specific memories.

Occasionally I smoke some weed....perfer smoking blunts as opposed to smocking from a pipe or bong. I am much more of a drinking guy myself....love sitting back with a leisurely cocktail I've made for myself <3 love bartending as well XP

I do partake in the weed green stuff, I do not have any animals that can be effective by it but also ventilation is key haha

I have seen great use of pet CBD, while not smoked, honey sticks for example have really helped older dogs with general pain and anxiety.
The use of any sugar period is bad and very unhealthy
but mixed for CBD or RSO is like giving someone 1 bullet
to play russian roulette.
Sugar of any kind feeds cancer cells.

Back