Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Quit both

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Never smoked either

Votes: 94 36.3%

• Total voters

radiantknot

ZooVille Philanthropist
I'm only including the two (mostly) socially acceptable smokes, weed and cigarettes.

Personally, as I was growing up with my parents who smoked cigs, I hated it, especially during road trips where the car window would be rolled down while I was sleeping in the back just so they could smoke. Then I grew up, and gained the habit myself through peers. Before that, I was introduced to weed.

Most recently, after 11 years, I've made the conscious decision to quit cigarettes since July 24th 2020 (via the gum method), a year after my dad quit from his 40+ years of smoking on July 4th 2019.

I will still gladly smoke weed, but cigarettes have lost their favor with me recently for health reasons, and I hope that any here struggling with the same will follow suit, even if it just means cutting back. Bronchitis is no joke, I'd rather have liver failure than failure to breathe...

Made the poll unlimited since I'm sure there will be people who have multiple answers, so it'll skew things a bit, but hopefully responses will be enlightening.

I was traveling on a city train one night with my GSD, some brain dead guy tried to offer my dog a smoke. I almost felt like knocking the guys head off, but politely but VERY firmly adviced this prime example of a human that my dog did not smoke and we got off at the next station, which was one stop before I was intending, but it was a nice night for a walk and my boy certainly didn't mind strutting his stuff for a few more km's on our walk home that night.

I have never smoked. I personally can't understand how anyone could put up with the smell. A few years ago I had to have roofers out. They were smoking outside of my house. I eventually had to tell them they needed to go well away from my house if they needed to smoke as I could still smell even inside.

I have never smoked. I personally can't understand how anyone could put up with the smell. A few years ago I had to have roofers out. They were smoking outside of my house. I eventually had to tell them they needed to go well away from my house if they needed to smoke as I could still smell even inside.
Absolutely true.
It took me quitting before I realized how absolutely horrible the smell is.

Completely agree with you

I tried maybe a quarter of a cigarette as a child. I voted never smoked either though, because I think that answer is still closest to the truth, especially since the poll asks for cigarettes, plural.

I really don't like cigarettes. My first Mistress made me smoke two cigarettes and I had to ask her to never make me do it again. I was quite happy being caned and fainting when it got too much, but cigarettes were horrible.

cigarettes, pretty heavily... dumbass kid me got peer pressured into it to look "cool" or whatever and now i'm stuck with it. tried quitting several times to no avail. it just became the thing i reach out to when stressed. i was at approx. 30 a day, then put it down to maybe 15 a day and when my boy passed away in may i got back to 30

cigarettes, pretty heavily... dumbass kid me got peer pressured into it to look "cool" or whatever and now i'm stuck with it. tried quitting several times to no avail. it just became the thing i reach out to when stressed. i was at approx. 30 a day, then put it down to maybe 15 a day and when my boy passed away in may i got back to 30

sorry for your loss

Dogs can have health issues to with second hand smoking. Many don't realize that, nor many don't care. I see many people that smoke inside their homes and vehicles with dogs in them .
this is exactly why i never smoke in the house, only outside or in the garage. besides i dont like the house smelling like an ashtray.

I have cut out cigarettes for good, however I enjoy a good pipe with a side of whiskey most nights. i like to vape as well.
my dad used to always smoke a pipe, loved the smell but he rarely actually in haled the smoke, and if he did it was like minimal.

Back