Votes: 9 3.5%
  • Never smoked weed, but smoke cigarettes

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Quit both

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Never smoked either

Votes: 94 36.3%

• Total voters
I smoked cigarettes' from age 7 until I was asked by both Hermes (who later called himself Ebon Lupus) & Big Al in separate conversations if I'd considered what my smoking was doing to my dogs. After the questioning from Big Al, I quit the next day. I'd been smoking something like 35 years and quit cold turkey thinking what my second hand smoke was doing. A thought I should have had long before.

sw

I have never smoked. I personally can't understand how anyone could put up with the smell. A few years ago I had to have roofers out. They were smoking outside of my house. I eventually had to tell them they needed to go well away from my house if they needed to smoke as I could still smell even inside.
Maybe being a "pack bitch" has the benefit of an improved sense of smell. :) I'm wondering can you distinguish your mates apart by their sent?

Maybe being a "pack bitch" has the benefit of an improved sense of smell. :) I'm wondering can you distinguish your mates apart by their sent?
I don't know if I could in a double blind smell test. But I do note that they all have different scents and ones scent I prefer over the other.Capone likes to be outside a lot. I nick named him "the Foot" cause he smells like a foot...or a wet dog. lol

I smoked cigarettes' from age 7 until I was asked by both Hermes (who later called himself Ebon Lupus) & Big Al in separate conversations if I'd considered what my smoking was doing to my dogs. After the questioning from Big Al, I quit the next day. I'd been smoking something like 35 years and quit cold turkey thinking what my second hand smoke was doing. A thought I should have had long before.

sw
That is the exact thing I said to a zoo I met once who was a smoker. I couldn't understand why they would smoke around their dog. They did change their behaviour, in that they didn't smoke around their dog as much, but it was to hard a habbit for them to quit completely.

Never have smoked and never will pick up smoking. maybe try some weed but never tobacco. And smoking's bad anyway so if I wanted some THCs I'd probably try an alternative to smoking it.

My mom smokes though and I've always despised the smell of it..... she's come close to quitting a few times but hasn't quite yet. She always smokes indoors behind my back and I've caught her a few times, I can always tell. She's been getting lazier recently too, not bothering to actually get out of the vehicle and stop to have a puff or go out completely on the balcony :/ I know "health considerations" as people have mentioned with dogs and all that jazz, but honestly my dad said it best, for a person to quit smoking they need to want to quit. The true desire has to come from within, my dad used to smoke cigars a long time ago and still has the odd puff but has mainly quit. And I unfortunately can't say that time will be coming for my mom anytime soon 😩

I stopped smoking cigarettes and weed.
Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life!

The withdrawal symptoms we experience when we stop smoking are basically just the natural hunger for life that awakens again. We were born already incomplete, we are male or female, and since birth, we are in search of that which completes us. This hunger for life can never be satisfied anyway. Used correctly, this hunger is the force that brings us forward in life.

One of the most toxic substances we inhale when smoking is not even the nicotine, but the carbon monoxide:

Carbon monoxide is much faster at binding with hemoglobin than oxygen (about 200 times faster). So when CO is present in the lungs, it wins the spot on the red blood cells. This process diminishes the oxygen-carrying capacity in the bloodstream.

That's why heavy smokers sometimes look sicker than cancer patients treated with chemotherapy. (Oxygen deficiency!)

This post made me want to start smoking crack.

Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life!

The withdrawal symptoms we experience when we stop smoking are basically just the natural hunger for life that awakens again. We were born already incomplete, we are male or female, and since birth, we are in search of that which completes us. This hunger for life can never be satisfied anyway. Used correctly, this hunger is the force that brings us forward in life.

One of the most toxic substances we inhale when smoking is not even the nicotine, but the carbon monoxide:

Carbon monoxide is much faster at binding with hemoglobin than oxygen (about 200 times faster). So when CO is present in the lungs, it wins the spot on the red blood cells. This process diminishes the oxygen-carrying capacity in the bloodstream.

That's why heavy smokers sometimes look sicker than cancer patients treated with chemotherapy. (Oxygen deficiency!)
Your first sentence, second paragraph, shows you know absolutely nothing about
physical addiction or it's withdrawal symptoms. Zero.

No, we already are wholes, if we weren't we wouldn't be functional.

sw
That's excellent. Not enough people consider second-hand smoke around their animals.

Used to smoke. Quit 2 years. Hardest thing to get off of and the only thing I needed medical help doing. Hard drugs and serious alcoholism I just woke up one day and said, "Nope! No more" and never looked back. Cigs? Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu o_O
As for weed, there's things called edibles and gelcaps. I freakin' hate the smell of weed/hash/oil; raw or smoked. That's about my only vice.

@ohnonono
BS. You wouldn't think such an absurd thing as:
"the withdrawal symptoms we experience when we stop smoking are basically just the natural hunger for life that awakens again,"
if you had ever experienced the sick, trembling, on-the-edge feeling of hard physical withdrawal from addiction.
Instead, you would liken it to wrestling with the devil.
You know Nothing about withdrawal. You know next to Nothing about addiction. Just Nothing.

@ohnonono
BS. You wouldn't think such an absurd thing as:
"the withdrawal symptoms we experience when we stop smoking are basically just the natural hunger for life that awakens again,"
if you had ever experienced the sick, trembling, on-the-edge feeling of hard physical withdrawal from addiction.
Instead, you would liken it to wrestling with the devil.
You know Nothing about withdrawal. You know next to Nothing about addiction. Just Nothing.
I know one thing. My first attempt to quit ended with holes in the wall and a broken finger. I would need a week away from everyone if I went cold turkey somewhere down the road.
The only thing I’m not giving up is my pipe and cigars on them rest days or after a hard day

I smoked for somewhere around 42 years..I began at twelve...I tried everything to quit..never worked...I read and watched some vids on vaping...I went and bought a small vape type pen with 20mg of nicotine and vaped for two weeks, then halved the nicotine amount to 10 for two weeks and so on. I haven't smoked in a couple of years now and had no withdrawals. I do still vape with zero nicotine. I need to quit that next :)

I smoked for somewhere around 42 years..I began at twelve...I tried everything to quit..never worked...I read and watched some vids on vaping...I went and bought a small vape type pen with 20mg of nicotine and vaped for two weeks, then halved the nicotine amount to 10 for two weeks and so on. I haven't smoked in a couple of years now and had no withdrawals. I do still vape with zero nicotine. I need to quit that next :)
Congratulations!

I know one thing. My first attempt to quit ended with holes in the wall and a broken finger. I would need a week away from everyone if I went cold turkey somewhere down the road.
The only thing I’m not giving up is my pipe and cigars on them rest days or after a hard day
So, if at the time, someone had told you what you were feeling was nothing but, "just the natural hunger for life that awakens again" coming out in you, you would likely have punched them instead of the wall? No one would have blamed you for that.
Btw, congratulations on quitting.

So, if at the time, someone had told you what you were feeling was nothing but, "just the natural hunger for life that awakens again" coming out in you, you would likely have punched them instead of the wall? No one would have blamed you for that.
Btw, congratulations on quitting.
I haven’t quite fully yet. But yes probably be hitting someone. Withdrawal for me at least is brutal

I haven’t quite fully yet. But yes probably be hitting someone. Withdrawal for me at least is brutal
Sure, more brutal for some than others, and you sound to be on the tough end of that scale. Hey, just switching to your pipe and cigars when needed was a good step. Good luck to you.

I smoke cigs and... unfortunately quit smoking pot. Never smoke around the dogs or in the house. Not in the vehicles either. I do my best to keep from offending anyone with it. Don't see myself quitting, tried twice and got pretty sick. Got it bad.

I smoke cigs and... unfortunately quit smoking pot. Never smoke around the dogs or in the house. Not in the vehicles either. I do my best to keep from offending anyone with it. Don't see myself quitting, tried twice and got pretty sick. Got it bad.
I've heard the withdrawal from nicotine described as a very sick feeling. I'm assuming that's what you meant by "got pretty sick."
Withdrawal from nicotine can be tougher than withdrawal from alcohol. It takes longer for nicotine to leave your system than alcohol. It's tough. Have you thought about the patch? It's not a nicotine substitute, it's a weening program when you use it right. I know quite a few who've been successful with it.

Back