Deep quotes you heard or made up?

I never knew how rich love can make one until the horrible distraction of the money was gone

Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character. And it may be confidently ascertained that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man. .
The style of that sentence... Alan Watts?

We, the unwilling,
led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible,
for the uncaring.
We have done so much,
for so long,
with so little,
for so many,
that we are now capable,
of doing anything,
with nothing,
for the ungrateful.

Why do we bother?

We, the unwilling,
led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible,
for the uncaring.
We have done so much,
for so long,
with so little,
for so many,
that we are now capable,
of doing anything,
with nothing,
for the ungrateful.

Why do we bother?
That's a good one. Reminds me of the $2000 toilet seat for some reason.

I use to work for the govt. in an area related to the old Manhattan project. Unbelievable back then that we (the USA) could build several nuclear processing facilities in months time to construct the bombs dropped on Japan. Whole facilities were drawn in a few drawings. The management organization must have been something. And now, we can't even figure out an interruption of an oil pipline and need to pay a ransom. God help us.

That's a good one. Reminds me of the $2000 toilet seat for some reason.

I use to work for the govt. in an area related to the old Manhattan project. Unbelievable back then that we (the USA) could build several nuclear processing facilities in months time to construct the bombs dropped on Japan. Whole facilities were drawn in a few drawings. The management organization must have been something. And now, we can't even figure out an interruption of an oil pipline and need to pay a ransom. God help us.

It's not entirely mine. There's a variant that frequently gets attributed to Mother Theresa, and another that's often credited to someone even further back. I just adjusted it to my liking.

That made my head hurt, it's been 30 years since I needed to know any of that stuff. You should of heard the noise my brain was making as I turned those letters back into the words they represent. A 2km long Australian freight train would have made less screaching doing an emergency stop.

You never really forget things, you just don't remember you know them. :gsd_grin:

That made my head hurt, it's been 30 years since I needed to know any of that stuff. You should of heard the noise my brain was making as I turned those letters back into the words they represent. A 2km long Australian freight train would have made less screaching doing an emergency stop.

You never really forget things, you just don't remember you know them. :gsd_grin:
🤣
I hear you !

why do fathers sleep with their daughters? And do girls fancy sexual intimacy with their fathers? Is it that some men have such a low sense of value and coupled with their insatiable desire for sex, are blinded into engaging in close incestuous relationships

Back