Deep quotes you heard or made up?

Oh - that explains it. From him, it's OK. I thought you meant someone REAL was actually intelligent enough to notice and say it. Problem is, I see little or no evidence for that theory. :)

I help those who help themselves. The first step to helping oneself is to use one's brain before opening one's mouth.
~ Me

I help those who help themselves. The first step to helping oneself is to use one's brain before opening one's mouth.
~ Me
But whenever I see you, your mouth is open. :gsd_wink: You better take care your brain doesn't over heat, being hot headed can be bad for your health. :gsd_laughing:

We say atoms are bound by weak attractors.
Why not admit the truth: The Universe is held together by love.

What is desire? Desire is a restaurant. Desire is watching you eat. Desire is pouring wine for you. Desire is looking at the menu and wondering what it would be like to kiss you. Desire is the surprise of your skin. Look: in-between us now are the props of ordinary life - glasses, knives, cloths. Time has been here before us. History has had you - and me, too. My hand has brushed against yours for centuries. The props change, but not this. Not this single naked wanting you.

– Jeanette Winterson, The White Room

"In one fleeting moment from the land doth life flow
In the same fleeting moment one must live, die, and know"
~ FFXIV Answers lyrics

"To all of my children in whom Life flows abundant
To all of my children to whom Death hath passed his judgement
The soul yearns for honor, and the flesh the hereafter
Look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after

Shining is the Land's light of justice
Ever flows the Land's well of purpose
Walk free, walk free, walk free, believe...
The Land is alive, so believe..."
~ FFXIV Answers - God's explanation of the purpose of life

"Now open your eyes while our plight is repeated
Still deaf to our cries, lost in hope we lie defeated
Our souls have been torn, and our bodies forsaken
Bearing sins of the past, for our future is taken

War born of strife, these trials persuade us not
Words without sound, these lies betray our thoughts
Mired by a plague of doubt, the Land, she mourns
Judgement binds all we hold to a memory of scorn
Tell us why, given Life, we are meant to die, helpless in our cries?"
~ FFXIV Answers - Man calling god out for her blind bullshit response

"How can you call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry?"

"If you're on the losing side, then war is an atrocity. But if you're the victor, well, in that case, war is a perfectly justifiable demonstration of your inherent superiority."

"If you're on the losing side, then war is an atrocity. But if you're the victor, well, in that case, war is a perfectly justifiable demonstration of your inherent superiority."
There are no real winners in war, just those who have lost less. Those that believe otherwise never took part in the battle.

There are no real winners in war, just those who have lost less. Those that believe otherwise never took part in the battle.
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

Although the quote would have been better if "The only winning move is to not play."

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

Although the quote would have been better if "The only winning move is to not play."
"Shall, we, play, a, game?

"Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?"

"Wouldn't, you, prefer, a, good, game, of, chess?"

"Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War."

"Fine."

The next day, our three philosophers dined together and, when they had freely circulated the bottle, began, as men generally do after a good dinner, to amuse themselves, by discoursing upon the follies that disgrace, and the pestilences that destroy so large a proportion of our unfortunate species. This diversity of abominations could not fail of affording them infinite entertainment; indeed, conversation of this kind is a pleasure that cannot be enjoyed by plebeians who have never travelled out of the sound of the church-bell near which they were brought into being, and who believe that all the rest of the world is precisely constituted like Change-Alley, or White-Chapel.

-from "Lord Chesterfield's Ears", by Francois-Marie Arouet

Back