Cut or uncut.

Erja

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
What do you like best in a Doberman, cut pro uncut. Ik like en uncut best, friendlier and more natural

Attachments

• 4fdf094856300cdc21165e49b7fd35f2.jpg
    4fdf094856300cdc21165e49b7fd35f2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Dobermannliggend.JPG.jpg
    Dobermannliggend.JPG.jpg
    750.4 KB · Views: 131
  • images.jpeg-1.jpg
    images.jpeg-1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 1002048-20120824091527.jpg
    1002048-20120824091527.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 123
I like the look both ways and have never understood why they cut their tails off. So if I had one he would most likely have his tail. Is there some reason for cutting them aside from us thinking it looks better?

I like the look both ways and have never understood why they cut their tails off. So if I had one he would most likely have his tail. Is there some reason for cutting them aside from us thinking it looks better?

I'm not an expert, but I've heard people say both. I know a lot of livestock get their tails and ears trimmed to prevent infection from bites from other animals, so if it's the same logic it might be related since they are often guard/service dogs. Although upon doing some research, it seems like mixed answers even from experts. Benefits seem negligible from what I've seen at least.

I'm not an expert, but I've heard people say both. I know a lot of livestock get their tails and ears trimmed to prevent infection from bites from other animals, so if it's the same logic it might be related since they are often guard/service dogs. Although upon doing some research, it seems like mixed answers even from experts. Benefits seem negligible from what I've seen at least.
Confusing huh?

UNCUT! I hate it when ppl do "adjustments to animals natural body just to make them look more 'suitable' for their eyes. That's why I don't eat meat either. If there's a spider in my house, i pick it up and take it outside. I'm a true nature/animal lover :'D

UNCUT! I hate it when ppl do "adjustments to animals natural body just to make them look more 'suitable' for their eyes. That's why I don't eat meat either. If there's a spider in my house, i pick it up and take it outside. I'm a true nature/animal lover :'D
I mean, what gives us a right to be gods? I wish there would be an alien invasion from other galaxy to slave mankind. Then we'd understand for not to stomp on ants

There is a reason Carl Doberman docked their tails and cropped their ears. As a tax collector if someone went after his dogs they couldnt grab their ears or their tails. They were bred to be a working dog and cropped ears are a lot less likely to get hematomas. Something that the doberman is prone to getting. I personally dont mind the natural floppy ears BUT that tail is too much for me.

Definitely cut. I see no problem in that if the procedure is condcted in a professional way, not a DIY solution.

I prefer the dogs uncut though I can apreciate the open view on the asses of rotties with cut tail. When it comes to dobermans I prefer them cut ears in an esthetic way. I think it is because they apear more manly to me than with the floppy ears

Last edited:
Im not a fan of docking/cropping. But I had a dog once that had such bad ear infections all the time, we considered cropping the ears to let them breathe. Ultimately a strict diet helped keep the infections at bay. And whether or not to dock a tail - if you've ever seen "happy tail" then you can relate to why the practice was started. But I wouldn't consider it until after injury. I might think different if I had working dogs but probably would think the same.
Now dew claws: if they are sound, leave em be. If they are floppin around and barely attached, then maybe consider having them removed. But most front dew claws are soundly attached. All my dogs have em, but had their rears taken off before I got em.
But modification strictly for the sake of appearance I don't support.

Yes it is - Perhaps someones gonna try make something stupid shit up like "it prevents ear infections", but actually its called mutilation and its banned in civilized parts of world for a very good reason.
For real, there are other things to try before resorting to permanent measures: diet, hygiene, not letting your dog get soaked in the rain. If one can't be bothered to properly care for their pet, they probably shouldn't have one to begin with.

Eyup. I think things look better the way Nature/God intended. I get so very upset everytime I think about the edict God gave the jews about all males needing to be cut. So many have been mutilated because of it. I myself included because my parents are Seventh Day Adventist so they just blindly followed what was said in the bible. So I understand what it is to not be as I was suppose to thus I have thing about doing unnatural things just for aesthetic reasons on innocent creatures.
Some people do many pretty shitty things for "divine" or other reasons. A sad truth...

With all the writing about the "unnatural" adjustments we make in our dogs (cropped ears and docked tails, etc.) I have to wonder if we shouldn't remember that the "natural" look of our K9 friends is also mostly a matter of us altering them by forced or restricted breeding. If humans had not adjusted our dogs to get what we wanted them to look like or for them be better suited for what we wanted them to be able to do or for certain personality traits, our four legged friends would most likely still look pretty much like Wolves. Think of this in any way you want, but I for one don't see a significant ethical difference.

With all the writing about the "unnatural" adjustments we make in our dogs (cropped ears and docked tails, etc.) I have to wonder if we shouldn't remember that the "natural" look of our K9 friends is also mostly a matter of us altering them by forced or restricted breeding. If humans had not adjusted our dogs to get what we wanted them to look like or for them be better suited for what we wanted them to be able to do or for certain personality traits, our four legged friends would most likely still look pretty much like Wolves. Think of this in any way you want, but I for one don't see a significant ethical difference.
You are right. Domestication changed them into the loyal companions we have today. But that was a process that took thousands of years, living side by side. I guess one way to see it is as "guided evolution", as the animals have slowly changed to better suit our needs.

I don't really see anything inherently wrong with domestication, as it is a very slow and not a harmful process.

Then again you mentioned another important point. We specifically bred certain species to tickle our fancies, when it came to looks or behaviour. As a result we have many dog breeds today who are chronic sick, because their whole anatomy is unhealthy to them. That should have been our warning sign that we went to far in this regard, but most people don't care and still breed those specific breeds that are about to get sick or hurt quite easily. That actually is something that shouldn't happen in a civilized society, but still it happens. Food for thought.

The significant ethical difference in this case is, that we allow a multigenerational process to happen, that shortens tails and creates floppy ears, we surgically alter animals to fit our often flawed beauty standards. We take parts away from them, that nature intended to be there and that for no necessary medical reason.

Think about it this way: Dr. Kellogg convinced America, to cut of the foreskin of little boys. That is a gruesome practise you would only find in some religious groups, but it is still practised by religious as well as non-religious people because they have been fooled into thinking that it's better to lack certail body parts than to have them.
The same goes for tonsils, appendix, wisdom teeth. Still have these? Or have they already been removed with the first sign of trouble, or preventive to prevent trouble from ever happening?
Nowadays we cut off the testicles from certain animals to stop them from breeding, or to stop them from displaying unwanted sexual behaviour or to stop them from marking their territory or to stop them from flaunting their balls into our faces. If it was just to stop them breeding, you would only have to snip their cords. That also is a reversible procedure. But most people go with the whole removal of the offending organs and have a wide varity of reasons for doing so, most of them not even correct.
Also blacksmiths might benefit from hoseshoes being nailed into the hoof or horses.
And now we cut off tails, crop ears, break the wings of birds in order to keep them from escaping their farms and we don't even bat an eye.

I find that morally bankrupt and a big ethical concern. Surgical procedures should be reserved for medical reasons only (or in case of humans for those, who willfully participate in the art of body-modification (Like with sex, consent is everything here)). If we live in a society that requires surgical solutions to deal with animal husbandry, then maybe it's time to overthink the way we live together with animals and find new ways that won't hurt them as much as our way of life does so now.

I prefer all natural animals as well.

However I do doc my dogs tails.. For one simple reason: a very happy dog(one of mine) his tail never and I mean never stoped.

Hitting this and that. To the point it would be bloody and would never heal, get infected.

In instances like that it is necessary to take action.

One thing all the enlightened city folk seam to ever take into consideration, is the need for such things you don't understand.

Simply cause 90 plus% of so called scociety is sheltered, told this and believe it.

No knowledge of how things have to be, even on a simple horse farm.
Some hate slaughter house's but go to Smith's and buy porkchops.

Technology and righteousness have made us lazy, overconfident, well educated idiots haha

^just a general statement. Not singleing anyone or any topic.
Just my simple oppinon

I prefer all natural animals as well.

However I do doc my dogs tails.. For one simple reason: a very happy dog(one of mine) his tail never and I mean never stoped.

Hitting this and that. To the point it would be bloody and would never heal, get infected.

In instances like that it is necessary to take action.

One thing all the enlightened city folk seam to ever take into consideration, is the need for such things you don't understand.

Simply cause 90 plus% of so called scociety is sheltered, told this and believe it.

No knowledge of how things have to be, even on a simple horse farm.
Some hate slaughter house's but go to Smith's and buy porkchops.

Technology and righteousness have made us lazy, overconfident, well educated idiots haha

^just a general statement. Not singleing anyone or any topic.
Just my simple oppinon
I have a dog whose tail I'm surprised hasn't broken off yet. It certainly has kinks from I'm guessing when he was a puppy and just smashed it into things and it got broken. And yes, it never stops!

I have a dog whose tail I'm surprised hasn't broken off yet. It certainly has kinks from I'm guessing when he was a puppy and just smashed it into things and it got broken. And yes, it never stops!
Yea man, corner wall's are not a dogs best friend!

Yea man, corner wall's are not a dogs best friend!
Wall corners, tables, furniture, his crate, the stove, refrigerator, my legs. If it's 18 inches off the ground it's been whacked! He's so happy he throws his whole butt into the action lol.

Ah, the good, old "city-folk argument" followed by the typical "where meat really comes from" speech followed by the anti-technology sentiment (even if technology is required to relay that message)...

Believe it or not, there was a time before humans, when nature was fine on its own.
Just saying...
Everything people do, people do for a reason. It's reasonable to question some of those motivations, especially if they are so out there. I too had a dog once, probably a different breed than you have, though. Yet, nobody in my family ever felt the need to cut the tail off, wagging or not. Actually, across all dog owners I know personally, nobody ever thought about doing such a thing, as all their dogs still happily wag their tails.

So your experience is quite different from those of others, it has nothing to do with where people live, so please don't try to derail the thread by those weak insults (even if pointed at nobody in particular), if you have a strong opinion about amputating body parts of your loved ones, then do so factually. We are all adults here and we can deal with facts as well as opinions and can agree or agree to disagree.

Hello I am brand new here and have no idea how any of this works however I saw this and I knew I must make a account to put you folks at ease. Yes some Bob (cut) a animals tail for the look or cause well they are a dick. However I recently learned that theres this thing called happy tail. Wich is not so good. Its wear a animal wags there tail so much it smacks things and bursts open. And those with happy tail well they usually just keep bursting it open so some do Bob the tail for this reason.

As disgusting as it looks sometimes it truly is for a good reason so please dont hate till you know why the human did it. I hope those reading this learned something.

In awnser to the question I prefer natural 100% I'm a very anti circumcision on humans as well. Ths act of modifying another body without permission is just so disgusting and as much as I hate to sound like a furry it makes me wish I wasnt human.
Our species is just so horrible and disgusting sometimes it's no wonder my attraction towards our 4 legged brethren is stronger than for our 2 legged

Back