Cultural acceptance of bestiality is inevitable

Yes, I'm a US citizen. And that Wikipedia page is where I found out that advocating in support of it publicly will get you arrested.

You mean this article? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bestiality_in_the_United_States
I've scoured both of those wiki articles and there is no mention of pro-zoophilia advocacy at all.
It also varies a lot state by state, some states even have bestiality completely legal.
Maybe if an advocate would hold a sign saying "Follow me to my home and we'll fuck my dog" it could be read as enticing in some states, but in stricter states you can advocate in many different ways, not necessarily even leaving your house to risk it.

You mean this article? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bestiality_in_the_United_States
I've scoured both of those wiki articles and there is no mention of pro-zoophilia advocacy at all.
It also varies a lot state by state, some states even have bestiality completely legal.
Maybe if an advocate would hold a sign saying "Follow me to my home and we'll fuck my dog" it could be read as enticing in some states, but in stricter states you can advocate in many different ways, not necessarily even leaving your house to risk it.
Beastiality is almost completely criminalized in the US. The state of Kentucky recently criminalized it last summer. Wyoming is pretty much the only state left where it's legal to have sex with animals. It's infuriating.

I see three states on the map which allow bestiality.
It's really frustrating and sad when a place suddenly becomes more hostile towards zoophiles.. Finland still has it legal, but it felt really ruddy when Sweden just.. went backwards and criminalized zoophilia. Germany tried to follow suit, but the Zeta Verein fought against it.

We just need to stick together and demand our rights to love and live like everyone else..

By the way, it was not just the ZETA Verein alone in Germany that was advocating sensible laws and offering information. People were active years before ZETA was founded. An organization can be very helpful, but don't think that you couldn't do anything just because there is no established organization in your country yet.

By the way, it was not just the ZETA Verein alone in Germany that was advocating sensible laws and offering information. People were active years before ZETA was founded. An organization can be very helpful, but don't think that you couldn't do anything just because there is no established organization in your country yet.
Then what can we do without endangering ourselves and our livelihoods?

Then what can we do without endangering ourselves and our livelihoods?
For example, one could publish non-creepy, more or less zooey media to get people used to the idea that people can be romantic with animals. One could write to legislators in case of a proposed anti-zoo law and show why such a law would not be helpful and what alternatives are. One can be open towards science, so that unbiased scientists can do their work, which will probably bring more objectivity and independent insights to the discussion. All of these things can be done pseudonymously.

This is all about the money. The government is passing so many laws to set the stage for the next right's movement. The LGBT has won most of its battles so there is not as much money to be made off of them. What a coincidence that there has been a growing crackdown on Zoos now that the LGBT is legally mainstream. The LGBT won because they had a bunch of funding and lawyers from the very beginning. Politicians do not care about people's Rights; they care about lobbyist groups that line their pockets. The Zoos will only win when we organize and have the money and the lawyers on our teams.

I don't think it will ever happen (or, at least it won't happen in my lifetime). Even if it would happen one day, it would just be a legal acceptance, but people minds would not change, like with homosexuality or racism. Homosexuality is legaly accepted in many parts of the world nowadays, but that doesn't stop people from being homophobic and from doing bad things to gay people just because they are gay.
Let's imagine for a second a world where zoophilia is not prosecuted... you do really think that you could walk your furry partner everywhere and treat him/her like a boy/girlfriend without provoking disgust into people who don't understand that?
And what about animal activists or extremists who would try to save/kill your animals just because "they're better dead than abused by a dog, horse, whatever-fucker?"
Nah, idealism is like a good dream, too perfect to be true.

Legalizing is the first step. If it were legal, then no mater how nutty the animal right activists are, they cannot detain your animals and put them down for "being abused and unadoptable" or whatever. Legal protection and recognition as a protected group would help to defend ourselves from bigots, too. If someone is refusing service like healthcare or even baking a damn cake, we'd have the law's protection.
It's half the victory to even just not be illegal to exist as you are and we should strive for that.

Human (and animal) rights have had such a good progress in the recent decades that I'm not going to have a defeatist attitude about this ever again.

Oh yes. I don't think they were even officially recognized when they first started fighting and had to do it as private persons.
I don't mean that the only way to fight is to have an organization behind you.

Legalizing is the first step. If it were legal, then no mater how nutty the animal right activists are, they cannot detain your animals and put them down for "being abused and unadoptable" or whatever. Legal protection and recognition as a protected group would help to defend ourselves from bigots, too. If someone is refusing service like healthcare or even baking a damn cake, we'd have the law's protection.
It's half the victory to even just not be illegal to exist as you are and we should strive for that.

Human (and animal) rights have had such a good progress in the recent decades that I'm not going to have a defeatist attitude about this ever again.
I respect your point but I have my idea on this matter

Beastiality is almost completely criminalized in the US. The state of Kentucky recently criminalized it last summer. Wyoming is pretty much the only state left where it's legal to have sex with animals. It's infuriating.

Our governor in Wyoming just signed a law against "beastiality"

Effective July 1st if convicted you can be fined up to $1,000 sent to jail for 1 year or both

this will never happen, or at least not in my lifetime or the next. i give it at least a century, give or take a decade. until we see legalized brothels like we see walmarts, don't even think about bestiality coming close to societal acceptance much less a cultural acceptance. this is wishful thinking at it's best.

You spelled "Realist Rodneys" wrong.

Negative people always rebrand themselves as realists. Really, they're just cynics. And a cynic has never done anything worthwhile because their creed is, "Why bother?"

Cynicism is stagnant. I don't have time to waste on cynicism.

Our governor in Wyoming just signed a law against "beastiality"

Effective July 1st if convicted you can be fined up to $1,000 sent to jail for 1 year or both
And my question would be again (not to you @wyozoofur in particular, but in general): Did anyone offer legislature/the governor the necessary information to make a non-biased decision? Did people explain why such a law would be unjust, not really effective and what alternatives there are to reach legitimate goals that the public may have?

It's easy to complain about politicians, but when all they hear is lobbying from devoted antizoos and examples of actual abuse, then they basically don't get the chance to make the right decisions. It would be awesome if they could understand every topic they decide on fully just by their own, but that's not realistic. Nobody is so knowledgeable on all fields. The world is too complex. If zoos don't get involved in these political processes, their insights and interests can't be seriously considered or even known. If zoos don't try to get their point across, it's partly their own fault that the outcome of law making is what it is. Not saying they deserve the outcome, just that not even trying would be their failure.

(As for why I speak in the third person instead of having done my part: I am from Europe. Wyoming's laws don't touch me and Wyoming's legislature isn't supposed to care about me when they make laws. I contacted politicians when the topic was on the political agenda in my country.)

Maybe over time love with animals will be like what has been going on in the States with cannabis legalization? First step is people discretely enjoying in the privacy of their own homes... then later slow-growing acceptance in the media (social and mainstream)... then eventually a State decriminalizing it if the love is performed only in the home and is not shared online... and finally, like pot and LGBT "acceptance", it wouldn't be a sin or a crime or an embarrassment to make it known you love animals this way.

The number of Americans identifying as members of an organized religion is declining sharply and this will likely continue. But of course it would take many many generations for the confessor not to be harassed or shamed by the majority, as is always the case with minorities.

The number of Americans identifying as members of an organized religion is declining sharply and this will likely continue. But of course it would take many many generations for the confessor not to be harassed or shamed by the majority, as is always the case with minorities.
Except in the past before the cusades against zoo, many, many more people belonged to religion.

Religion has nothing to do with it - it's a cultural issue. A human cultural issue and it's worldwide for the most part.

Negative people always rebrand themselves as realists. Really, they're just cynics. And a cynic has never done anything worthwhile because their creed is, "Why bother?"

Cynicism is stagnant. I don't have time to waste on cynicism.
You're forgetting about the cynics to tell life to go fuck itself and keep it moving.

In my country, its illegal with a maximum punishment of 12 months. It probably will not be legal unless we fight for our voice to be heard. Create rallies and promote our message online and in ads on TV.

..... unless we fight for our voice to be heard. Create rallies and promote our message online and in ads on TV.
Forcing things down peoples throat is a great way to start a further crusade against us and get a lot of people caught in the net that have nothing to do with leftist lunacy.
Did Freddie Mercury get the LGBT largely recognized by being Che Guevara? No, he won hearts.
Did the leaders of Tiennamen Square get their political freedom? No, they got everyone, even those not involved directly, rounded up and shot!

Forcing things down peoples throat is a great way to start a further crusade against us and get a lot of people caught in the net that have nothing to do with leftist lunacy.
Did Freddie Mercury get the LGBT largely recognized by being Che Guevara? No, he won hearts.
Did the leaders of Tiennamen Square get their political freedom? No, they got everyone, even those not involved directly, rounded up and shot!

Are you really suggesting that the LGBT community was recognized solely on the basis of Freddy Mercury's singing?
Aren't you forgetting the international impact of Tiananmen Square, and how much China has democratized since? (Granted, it's no democracy, but a lot has changed.)

Your history is selective and lacks any sort of scope. You use it as an excuse for your inaction, and a reason to blame others for your circumstances. And that, my friend, is the essence of cynicism.

You're forgetting about the cynics to tell life to go fuck itself and keep it moving.

No, I'm not forgetting about them. They are absolutely included in that stagnation, because a person who's told life to go fuck itself isn't doing anything for anyone but themselves, and using our dutiful cynic maverick here as an example, will actively try to impede any progress by insisting it's not possible and why bother.

Back