Avatars, are you using your own or taking someone else's material?

Do you use someone elses material as your avatar or has someone used your material as avatar?

• A) Yes, I use an avatar of material I did not create.

• A) No, I created my own avatar.

• B) Yes, I have seen my material used as an avatar and pisses me the hell off.

• B) Yes, I have seen my material used as an avatar and it makes me proud \ don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oldman

Staff member
I remember back in the good ole BF days I would scour my videos for hours over several days to make sure there was no identifiable things on them, which in turns means I remember every single frame of them.

That brings me to this poll, How many of you use material that someone else created or posted as an avatar? I personally have seen at least 17 members using my material, which pisses me the hell off at first, but then I remember I put that name to rest and that includes ownership of that material and then it makes me a little proud.

My current avatar is a modified animated version of a non zoo meme I found to be extremely cute.

On that same note, how many of you have seen your material used as an avatar? Do you care? Does it bother you or make you proud?

I voted for the first and last.

Please feel free to elaborate and tell your story :)

Last edited:
The blue unicorn is pulled off the net, any real equine used is my own.

Seen a few of my mares pictures used by others, doesn't bother me unless they claim they are their own.

The avatar I use is something I made for BF back when download points where a thing.

all of the above. i can do pullups, but god damn it's pita. I need to get back to my old body. I can do it, just going to take some effort and a few visits to a nutrition expert. Steps so far, removed sugary drinks (2 years ago), wife is cooking a lot healthier (last 6 months) and Obviously moving around a lot more. Last checkup says cholesterol has gotten much better, weight stayed the same but less fat, and blood pressure is back to normal levels :).

I don't want to derail this thread though, so I'll just keep looking and drooling, lol!

I remember back in the good ole BF days I would scour my videos for hours over several days to make sure there was no identifiable things on them, which in turns means I remember every single frame of them.

That brings me to this poll, How many of you use material that someone else created or posted as an avatar? I personally have seen at least 17 members using my material, which pisses me the hell off at first, but then I remember I put that name to rest and that includes ownership of that material and then it makes me a little proud.

My current avatar is a modified animated version of a non zoo meme I found to be extremely cute.

On that same note, how many of you have seen your material used as an avatar? Do you care? Does it bother you or make you proud?

I voted for the first and last.

Please feel free to elaborate and tell your story :)
I feel as though if the avatar you use is from a movie, show, video game, etc. that it's okay because it's kind of public entertainment and it's easily recognizable? I'm not sure, though.

i use an horsen's work, but before using it I found the contact and asked for authorization, although I did not specify in which forum ...:rolleyes:

I feel as though if the avatar you use is from a movie, show, video game, etc. that it's okay because it's kind of public entertainment and it's easily recognizable? I'm not sure, though.
I agree. same with memes.

Mine is also a video game creation.
Far Cry 5 to be exactly. He’s a good companion and a great spotter

Back