Avatars, are you using your own or taking someone else's material?

Do you use someone elses material as your avatar or has someone used your material as avatar?

• A) Yes, I use an avatar of material I did not create.

• A) No, I created my own avatar.

• B) Yes, I have seen my material used as an avatar and pisses me the hell off.

• B) Yes, I have seen my material used as an avatar and it makes me proud \ don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
I remember back in the good ole BF days I would scour my videos for hours over several days to make sure there was no identifiable things on them, which in turns means I remember every single frame of them.

That brings me to this poll, How many of you use material that someone else created or posted as an avatar? I personally have seen at least 17 members using my material, which pisses me the hell off at first, but then I remember I put that name to rest and that includes ownership of that material and then it makes me a little proud.

My current avatar is a modified animated version of a non zoo meme I found to be extremely cute.

On that same note, how many of you have seen your material used as an avatar? Do you care? Does it bother you or make you proud?

I voted for the first and last.

Please feel free to elaborate and tell your story :)
Until you said it was animated, I always thought of it as a stationary picture.

Mine is from my adventures with a mare. Still working up the courage to maybe post more.

Until you said it was animated, I always thought of it as a stationary picture.

Mine is from my adventures with a mare. Still working up the courage to maybe post more.
If you do decide to post your stuff be sure to purge the EXIF data and associated metadata, don't show faces or anything identifiable, etc.

If you do decide to post your stuff be sure to purge the EXIF data and associated metadata, don't show faces or anything identifiable, etc.

For sure. The images and videos might be a bit compressed because they have been sent to me on telegram, but the nice thing is that telegram automatically purges EXIF data.

I found the "tribal" wolf head on the web. It was released into public domain, so it's free to use. I've considered changing it to something more personal, but being impersonal helps with anonymity ...

Not my own but a lot of effort on my part to find it :p
But something to think for the future, have something of my own.. well done (those that did it)

• A) Yes, I use an avatar of material I did not create.
Yes, that's true... Buuuuuuuuuut... The avatar has been created for me to use by a close friend of mine. So although I did not create it, it still is my personal avatar, for my use only.

Mine is a picture from a coloring book of dog butts. I just thought the concept was ironically hilarious (you can literally buy it from Amazon).

My old avatar was of me though.

I just drew the initials on a piece of paper in my kind of styling which understandibly is weird but better than a default avatar or auto generated initals as your avatar

I took a picture of my dog playing with another dog and digitally drew over it so it's only the silhouettes.
Every avatar I use in the internet is my work

Yeah, but my art is too distinguishable. Maybe I will upload some art on here some time
I totally wouldn't mind checking your gallery out, but I can understand if you don't want to link it here. Would be quite nice to see more of it, though. :)

My avatar is is a cropped frame grab from a TV commercial that was promoting the dairy industry. I enhanced some the darker areas of the image to make details that appear there more readily visible. ;)(y)

Not sure how to respond. The drawing isn't mine, but I used an online "character creator" and the character I made is mine.

TL;DR not my art, but my OC.

It’s my butt...I’d hope no one else is using it lol. In all fairness, I use it and this screen name in hopes that a couple people from beastforum if they’re here recognize them.

Back