Any other autistics here?

Yep... Now the claim will be that he never said any such thing. Except that it's right there in the quoted message...

I give him about 10 minutes of "Not coming back" - IF he lasts THAT long. Notice how he's shut down his profile so that (so he thinks) nobody can see it?
Yes, I saw that about an hour ago. He'll be back. He loves us! How could he not?

Funny....The thread was in process of calming down and slipping back into a more friendly mode.....and then, and then, and thennnnnnnn.....along came Jonez...

Funny....The thread was in process of calming down and slipping back into a more friendly mode.....and then, and then, and thennnnnnnn.....along came Jonez...
That's why I suggested and linked the mental health for the other member, above. It's a much better place.

> Checks thread to see if it is actually a good one
> Already ruined by people calling Autistic people snowflakes

Yup, seems standard here.
I didn't call anyone with Autism a snowflake, nor would I ever, due to my experience with dealing with it in someone afflicted with it.
I called someone FAKING it a snowflake. Here is what I said:
"If I were a parent of a child with one of those conditions, I'm afraid I would lose it with one of these snowflakes faking it, and using it for...WHATEVER insensitive reason they are."

There was a lot of talk about self diagnosis being invalid, it isn't. Period. Because the sheer amount of people who have Autism, ADHD, and the like barely have the means to be diagnosed, and are accused of being "a leftist LGBT snowflake" when they don't have a doctor's note.

Not to mention you do know who is taking and who isn't. You don't. Yes you can call out some obvious people trying to capitalize on it, but nobody actually can tell who does and who doesn't just by an encounter.

Also when kids and adults are diagnosed, even then it's incredibly difficult to be validated then, because then it's the "snowflake doctors that only diagnosed you like that because of the woke media and mob".

Especially in America, where healthcare and support is seen as a crutch instead of a basic human right.

There was a lot of talk about self diagnosis being invalid, it isn't. Period. Because the sheer amount of people who have Autism, ADHD, and the like barely have the means to be diagnosed, and are accused of being "a leftist LGBT snowflake" when they don't have a doctor's note.

Not to mention you do know who is taking and who isn't. You don't. Yes you can call out some obvious people trying to capitalize on it, but nobody actually can tell who does and who doesn't just by an encounter.

Also when kids and adults are diagnosed, even then it's incredibly difficult to be validated then, because then it's the "snowflake doctors that only diagnosed you like that because of the woke media and mob".

Especially in America, where healthcare and support is seen as a crutch instead of a basic human right.
I didn't say who on the thread is faking it. I simply want a diagnosis to accompany claims.
The autistic I cared for lived a heartbreaking life, and died an early and even more heartbreaking death.

You'll have to read the thread. I wrote too much on it to have to sit here and repeat it. Read it. It's only three pages.

I know it can be exasperating when psychs don't agree with each other.
Let me guess...I'll bet they also dug through your childhood, looking for a reason to blame your parents? They often do before arriving at a possible brain-chemical cause.
not that I can remember, I didn't speak much about myself or nor could I hold a conversation for very long without getting inattentive. the situation just made me really frustrated and angry so they tried to do physical tests and IQ? tests which calmed me down. I think my parents first started taking me to see them around 4-5yo, I didn't get a straight answer to what I had till I was around 19yo. up until that point my parents struggled with me but as soon as I had the diagnosis it was like a weight was lifted and all was forgiven from them which really fucking frustrated me. If they could have given me the diagnosis earlier maybe I could've gotten the help I need and things would have been different but I guess we'll never know. I'm 32 now I'm still struggling with it all but life is much better.

not that I can remember, I didn't speak much about myself or nor could I hold a conversation for very long without getting inattentive. the situation just made me really frustrated and angry so they tried to do physical tests and IQ? tests which calmed me down. I think my parents first started taking me to see them around 4-5yo, I didn't get a straight answer to what I had till I was around 19yo. up until that point my parents struggled with me but as soon as I had the diagnosis it was like a weight was lifted and all was forgiven from them which really fucking frustrated me. If they could have given me the diagnosis earlier maybe I could've gotten the help I need and things would have been different but I guess we'll never know. I'm 32 now I'm still struggling with it all but life is much better.
I'm happy life has gotten better. Like you said, it took far too long. My heart goes out to you for that. Stay strong.
"Stick to the fight when you're hardest hit.
When things are the toughest, you must not quit. DON'T QUIT!"
- Jake Steinfeld, Body By Jake

Self-diagnosis is useless to the overall package. If the statistical occurence of the issues known as "The Spectrum"
( oddly, perhaps, appropriate to the discussion, once a Sports Arena in Philadelphia) is not accurately assessible, the problems related to such issues will NEVER be resolved. Some forms of depression have an self-entertainment value to some of those who suffer from it. If you're self-diagnosing, theres a similarity. IF people havent the means to obtain a diagnosis, that isn't a barrier, even in the mean old nasty United States....and if it should seem so, perhaps its a perception problem. Ask for help....it IS available. If one cannot bring oneself to ask....the complaint becomes questionable. But without an accurate gauge, such help will never have the funding or the outreach the issues require.

Self-diagnosis is useless to the overall package. If the statistical occurence of the issues known as "The Spectrum"
( oddly, perhaps, appropriate to the discussion, once a Sports Arena in Philadelphia) is not accurately assessible, the problems related to such issues will NEVER be resolved. Some forms of depression have an self-entertainment value to some of those who suffer from it. If you're self-diagnosing, theres a similarity. IF people havent the means to obtain a diagnosis, that isn't a barrier, even in the mean old nasty United States....and if it should seem so, perhaps its a perception problem. Ask for help....it IS available. If one cannot bring oneself to ask....the complaint becomes questionable. But without an accurate gauge, such help will never have the funding or the outreach the issues require.
Well said. There IS some form of help for anyone seeking it.

@Zetaman40
If you want the long, friendly and very helpful reply to the PM you sent me, and on which I spent a lot of time, you'll need to allow your profile to receive PMs from me. If not, kind regards to you, and best wishes henceforward.
Kristy

Had a discussion earlier that made me curious about how many autistic zoophiles are on this forum ^.^
I’ve done plenty of tests, and score very high for autism/asbergers. I even have a little brother that is autistic as well, no verbal.
I remember in high school all the extra classes I had to taken. Being social is very painful, even online.

I'm happy life has gotten better. Like you said, it took far too long. My heart goes out to you for that. Stay strong.
"Stick to the fight when you're hardest hit.
When things are the toughest, you must not quit. DON'T QUIT!"
- Jake Steinfeld, Body By Jake
The Poem Steinfeld was quoting is Edgar A. Guest's work....Its much longer, but full of very good advice. I can upload it if anyone wants to read it.

Just want to throw this out here for the people complaining about self-diagnosis.

I don't have autism, but I have multiple friends with autism and they've all told me that being taken seriously by a medical professional and getting a diagnosis when you're an adult can actually be quite difficult in many cases. And that self-diagnosis is respected in the community within reason. So if you're going to rant about this "if you haven't been diagnosed you don't have it" bs you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

*edit: I'm not trying to claim people don't fake it for attention or anything of course, just saying that just because someone hasn't been formally diagnosed doesn't mean they're lying/faking.

Wow what a thread. I didn’t know there was such controversy regarding the autism spectrum. I have never been diagnosed officially for being on the spectrum but I know that I am after introspection for decades and looking back on issues in childhood and many continuing to this day. I grew up in the 70’s so it wasn’t as well studied then. I’ve always been decent at covering it up I guess, helI I even broke (fractured) my elbow in 6th grade and was able to hide that, nobody noticed. (I now have a bone spur on that elbow that has been diagnosed but still untreated by my choice) I have always tried to remain unnoticed by most people (but then sometimes that plan fails in a big way lol) I just joined here (but was on BF years ago) I suppose because I do need some community and maybe I can help someone else.

I'm autistic andnearly died before any doctor cared to test for it not even kidding that in itself is crazy but that is not why people don;t find me worth being around me physical limitation are sad for them really I have always encountered those who love the benfit of how I can help them due to the areas of the spectrum I hit but physical limitations they sing a different tune and don;t find me worth their time so I deny people the help I'm asked for then I am called names for it....the irony...so I pick people apart and basically see right through the bsit's become funy just how fast I can make someone hate me bc I make them look bad I do however pity those who refuse to even try to understand autism

Look through my comments on this thread, as well as those of everyone else, and show me one that says, "prove it." While you do that, find one saying, "you don't seem autistic" and one where I said, "you guys are all fakes." I said NONE of those things, nor did anyone else.
No one demanded any proof.

I simply demanded people quit using the labels when they haven't been diagnosed. I say that as a former help giver of someone outside my family with a REAL and debilitating case of autism.
It was heartbreaking.

Yes, contrary to your first sentence, there are many so called "neurotypicals" claiming, outright, they are autistic; in fact, more who do than do not. I am saying, quite simply to those with no interest in twisting my words as you are, to consult a mental health professional for testing and diagnosis, and to stop lightening the seriousness of this often terrible affliction.

Don't worry. Without a diagnosis of autism, you can still be treated for the many things you say are disrupting you, mentally, with the right therapist.
Problem: Not many "neurotypicals" will seek professional help. They already have what they perceive to be their own conditions, and they'd prefer that wasn't tampered with.

"Even therapists want to change us into something more tangible." Change you from what? You presented with an array of maladies, none of which I doubt, but how do you call that array of maladies "tangible?" It is anything but.

You are correct, you will not receive the far too general diagnosis of "neurotypical," since that's not even a formal medical category. A final and formal diagnosis of "neurotypical" isn't even legal. A professional might acknowledge your description of yourself that way, but would then be required to narrow down your separate afflictions and treat them separately.

"...a ton of people who fall through the cracks and don't get diagnosed but are likely autistic." With my last paragraph in mind, you would get the treatment you needed, even if not diagnosed as autistic. That's important, is it not?

"Neurotypical" is a term the neurodiversity movement uses to promote acceptance, something I do believe valid, btw.

"The average bloke (including you) has no idea what it's like to be marginalized."
Do not dare attempt to tell me I don't know how it feels to be marginalized.
Don't even try it. That's as far as I'm going with that on this thread.

No, contrary to what you said, the OP said nothing about "finding people he/she could relate to." He/she didn't say that at all. OP said, "Had a discussion earlier that made me curious about how many autistic zoophiles are on this forum."
That's not an attempt to "relate" to anyone at all; they didn't even say they're autistic.

Discontinuing your twisting of other people's words, to make them say what you need them to say, would be a good start toward improving your life.
I had no idea that what I said would start an argument like this and I don't understand if people are saying that I'M not autistic or if they just don't like people who pretend. To be clear, I have an autism diagnosis. I should have explained myself in the post. I was just wondering if zoophilia is common in the autistic community because both aspects of myself are really important to me. I'm sorry that I started a fight 😬

I had no idea that what I said would start an argument like this and I don't understand if people are saying that I'M not autistic or if they just don't like people who pretend. To be clear, I have an autism diagnosis. I should have explained myself in the post. I was just wondering if zoophilia is common in the autistic community because both aspects of myself are really important to me. I'm sorry that I started a fight 😬

There's nothing wrong with what you posted, it seems any topic on this forum can devolve into arguing from what I've seen

Your first paragraph is spot on.
If I were a parent of a child with one of those conditions, I'm afraid I would lose it with one of these snowflakes faking it, and using it for...WHATEVER insensitive reason they are.
Diagnosed or not your comments are inappropriate - you do not get to decide that just because someone has not been formally diagnosed that they do not suffer from the affliction. The spectrum is just that - from minor things to major things, there is no one definitive source of determining who is or who is not on spectrum, even Doctors disagree of diagnosis and the nature of the tests.

Diagnosed or not your comments are inappropriate - you do not get to decide that just because someone has not been formally diagnosed that they do not suffer from the affliction. The spectrum is just that - from minor things to major things, there is no one definitive source of determining who is or who is not on spectrum, even Doctors disagree of diagnosis and the nature of the tests.
Like so many of the others who only see what they want to see in my words, you got it wrong. I did not say this or imply it:
"...because someone has not been formally diagnosed, they do not suffer from the affliction." I don't even think that, because I know better. I know there are lots of people suffering from the affliction, without being diagnosed.

What I've BEEN talking about, but none of you can hear me, are people not even on any spectrum at all, and pretending to be.
Get it straight.

It's the latter, people who pretend. Not you, who has been diagnosed. Gee, I do wish you'd said you'd been diagnosed, but that notwithstanding, there is nothing wrong with your OP. No trouble was started by you.

Like so many of the others who only see what they want to see in my words, you got it wrong. I did not say this or imply it:
"...because someone has not been formally diagnosed, they do not suffer from the affliction." I don't even think that, because I know better. I know there are lots of people suffering from the affliction, without being diagnosed.

What I've BEEN talking about, but none of you can hear me, are people not even on any spectrum at all, and pretending to be.
Get it straight.
Ok, so it sounded a lot like you were saying that anyone that has not been diagnosed was just pretending and then you went off on how awful that is. Well, I agree to pretend to have something when you don't is shitty and hurts those that do actually have the condition. That being said - just because you are not diagnosed does not mean you are pretending to have it - your message very much read this way and I know I am not the only one who read it this way, so maybe in the future you work on using your words better so you can get your message across without confusion.

Ok, so it sounded a lot like you were saying that anyone that has not been diagnosed was just pretending and then you went off on how awful that is. Well, I agree to pretend to have something when you don't is shitty and hurts those that do actually have the condition. That being said - just because you are not diagnosed does not mean you are pretending to have it - your message very much read this way and I know I am not the only one who read it this way, so maybe in the future you work on using your words better so you can get your message across without confusion.
1647973389147.png

It’s actually not that easy to get an autism diagnosis. I’m still trying to get one.

Er provided me with some nice counseling for a few weeks. The intake person helped me call multiple places. Only one picked up. The waitlist is 2 years.

I’m so tired of “it’s easy to get a diagnosis in the western world.” No it’s genuinely not, especially if you’re over 18.

I hope I get some call backs, but I’ve been referred multiple times. I can promise you they almost never call back.

It’s not easy. Don’t say it’s easy. And don’t call me a faker. You’re not a doctor. And assuming someone is faking hurts those that aren’t.

Maybe I don’t have autism. But I don’t know because I can’t get evaluated.

I haven’t applied for services and I’m still in school so I’m not trying to take advantage of the system either.

Stop accusing people of faking.

It’s actually not that easy to get an autism diagnosis. I’m still trying to get one.

Er provided me with some nice counseling for a few weeks. The intake person helped me call multiple places. Only one picked up. The waitlist is 2 years.

I’m so tired of “it’s easy to get a diagnosis in the western world.” No it’s genuinely not, especially if you’re over 18.

I hope I get some call backs, but I’ve been referred multiple times. I can promise you they almost never call back.

It’s not easy. Don’t say it’s easy. And don’t call me a faker. You’re not a doctor. And assuming someone is faking hurts those that aren’t.

Maybe I don’t have autism. But I don’t know because I can’t get evaluated.

I haven’t applied for services and I’m still in school so I’m not trying to take advantage of the system either.

Stop accusing people of faking.
Just a response from my quirky little breakdown in these comments lmao

Back