Allergic Response To Intimate Interspecies Contact, Sex, Animals and Allergies

If you go to an allergist, with the story that you want to be a breeder of whatever species, but, for instance, you or a direct family member has had trouble with allergic reactions to ( your species here) product...an allergist who knows his stuff will know what should follow....No, his scratch kit won't have dog or other animal semen samples, but when pressed to answer the query will likely have access to fractionated proteins and amino acids that in combination, will yield a reasonable result. Sort of like building blocks.
Some things take an entire lab to evaluate...this may as well. But the benedryl slingers here will get someone killed one day....that's my only
issue. Even if its inconvenient, the safety factors are worth the effort

Last edited:
If you go to an allergist, with the story that you want to be a breeder of whatever species, but, for instance, you or a direct family member has had trouble with allergic reactions to ( your species here) product...an allergist who knows his stuff will know what should follow....No, his scratch kit wont have dog semen or other animal semen samples, but when pressed to answer the query will likely have access to fractionated proteins and amino acids that in combination, will yield a reasonable result. Sort of like nuilding blocks.
Some things take an entire lab to evaluate...this may as well. But the benedryl slingers here will get someone killed one day....that's my only
issue. Even if its inconvenient, the safety factors are worth the effort
i will probably just get a script for a epi-pen if it came to that then go to the er and call it a day. anaphylaxis is not a joke

But the benedryl slingers here will get someone killed one day....that's my only issue. Even if its inconvenient, the safety factors are worth the effort
I agree 100% on that. Might as well jump off a parking garage, sooner or later the effect will be the same, with a bit less splatter.

Breeder thing never occured to me. I suppose in a pinch I would have blurted out that or similar, but never occured to me to start there.

Little late but I've had first hand experiance with anaphlyxis & dog semen. My first time i reacted severely and was rushed into hospital. I had an overnight stay but was pleased to return home.

Out of curiousity we tested to see if another dog would harbor the same reaction through a pick test. Turns out it was only the original dog in which i was anaphylxis too. Over time the anaphylxis has disappeared & I no longer have any form of a reaction.

Little late but I've had first hand experiance with anaphlyxis & dog semen. My first time i reacted severely and was rushed into hospital. I had an overnight stay but was pleased to return home.

Out of curiousity we tested to see if another dog would harbor the same reaction through a pick test. Turns out it was only the original dog in which i was anaphylxis too. Over time the anaphylxis has disappeared & I no longer have any form of a reaction.
Its possible that you got lucky. I would still be very very careful, since you showed such a bad reaction; it could happen again with your next go-round...or tenth.

I wouldnt encourage anyone here to think the reaction might be trivial....It isn't... it kills people.

Its possible that you got lucky. I would still be very very careful, since you showed such a bad reaction; it could happen again with your next go-round...or tenth.

I wouldnt encourage anyone here to think the reaction might be trivial....It isn't... it kills people.
The appropriate precautions are taken each time. But that all happened awhile back.

I wouldnt recommend anyone trying it anything without doing an allegery test first. Every dogs different so its impossible to know whether things will go badly or not.

Anaphylaxsis is funny though because its not always an immediate reaction. it can occur several hours after the initial exposure to the irritant....which can confuse an issue.
In your case you may have a happy result, and never see it again... but others may not.

I will give you this....you saw appropriate medical people....which is what I always try to get across to our newbs....dont take it for granted that benedryl or other anti-Histamines, self administered, stop the process. Its a bad gamble.

Anaphylaxsis is funny though because its not always an immediate reaction. it can occur several hours after the initial exposure to the irritant....which can confuse an issue.
In your case you may have a happy result, and never see it again... but others may not.

I will give you this....you saw appropriate medical people....which is what I always try to get across to our newbs....dont take it for granted that benedryl or other anti-Histamines, self administered, stop the process. Its a bad gamble.
All good advice. Its a case by case basis. Every woman ihas a differnt reaction. I have seen super fast with lite reaction. To slow with a bad reaction. And vise virsa.

My reaction happened within seconds of contact but i wish i knew going into it that anaphylaxis was a possiblity. I was extremely lucky to have a wonderful support person there with me who understood what was happening as I had no idea.

Id told the hospital i was unsure as to what i was reacting too and they were accepting of that answer.
If i had tried the self administering approach i dont think id be here today.

My reaction happened within seconds of contact but i wish i knew going into it that anaphylaxis was a possiblity. I was extremely lucky to have a wonderful support person there with me who understood what was happening as I had no idea.

Id told the hospital i was unsure as to what i was reacting too and they were accepting of that answer.
And we're glad to have you, ma'am

Thats interesting. I have not met anyone that has had a diff action from a differnt dog

Thats interesting. I have not met anyone that has had a diff action from a differnt dog
yeup. I can tell you firsthand, and, erm, other places, that it can very from dog-to-dog. Most breeds, even some dogs within the same breed - no reaction. some dogs? GET THE EPIPEN AND START THINKING UP EXCUSES!

And what breed was the dog you had the reaction with?... And did you try successfully with a different dog of a different breed as well?

There have been questions posted regarding the possibility of allergic reactions during or after sexual contact. Having an allergy to the semen of an animal is very possible, and the introduction of semen into the mouth, vagina or anus allows fast absorption because of the nature of the tissue (mucus membrane). Penile contact with the vaginal or anal tissue of another species involves less exposure and may show symptoms of an allergic reaction more slowly, showing up after repeated experiences. If the contact is with the animal’s tongue, there can be a sensitivity reaction just because of the repetition. The tongue is intended in animal’s life to perform many activities. Irritation and tenderness will pass quickly; a cold pack will provide comfort if needed.

An allergic reaction can be expressed as a mild reaction, such as eczema, hives, hay fever and asthma. An Anaphylactic reaction can be life threatening, the entire system reacts. Noticeable symptoms are severe difficulty in breathing and a sudden drop in blood pressure resulting in fainting or loss of consciousness. This is a life-threatening Emergency, oral medications will not be able to fix this condition. Seek emergency help immediately. You do not have to reveal what precipitated the reaction. The treatment will be the same no matter what the cause. However getting dressed, if possible will help deter certain lines of questions.

The tendency to respond in an allergic fashion is an inherited trait. If you have had past allergic reactions, you are apt to be sensitive to more things in your environment. If you do have a history of allergies, proceed cautiously with this new erotic experience. Allergies do not get better over time, they get worse. If you have had an Anaphylactic reaction ever in your life, stick to movies…Since semen is a foreign protein, the body will most likely respond in a very life threatening way.

Treatments of Allergies are many and varied.
Avoidance, medication, and desensitization injections (these shots take years to work and since animals can be removed easily from the environment, most insurance companies will not pay for them) Medication that is used to treat allergies are commonly called anti histamines. Over the counter medication include, Benadryl
(diphenhydramine) 25-50mg every 4-6 hrs, maximum daily dose is 400mg per day. Claritin (loratadine) 10mg once a day. Zantac ( ranitidine) 150mg twice a day ( yes, I know it is usually used to treat heartburn but it is also an antihistamine ) Barrier methods are not very effective as condoms are constructed for humans and the anti spermicidal condoms are irritating to the mucus membranes of the dog. There has been mention of an “EpiPen”, The active ingredient is Epinephrine, and this medication can only be obtained with a prescription. There are health risks inherent in the medication itself, and should be used only by the person it is prescribed, whose physician is aware of the person’s health history. Allergy symptoms get increasingly worse with each exposure to the allergen (whether it is semen, bee stings or pollen) .

To my knowledge there is no way to test for an allergy to semen pre exposure. I have read suggestions to try “scratch” tests with the semen, however the scratching itself can cause irritation and end up confusing the issue. Taking a small amount of semen and putting it on the forearm and covering it with plastic wrap and leaving it over night may help with the question of possible reactions. If the area is red or red and raised, proceed with caution.

If you have questions, I will try to answer them or leave you links to areas of information to read. The Forum is a great storehouse of information and support, both written and in the community.

Credits: ms deelight

From: dogluver101 A little Q&A from the cached version of this post I found from our old forum.

Is an allergy to fur related at all to an allergy to semen?

An allergic reaction to a given thing doesn't automatically equate to any other allergy. Allergies manifest themselves differently in individual people anyway. One critter's hair will affect a person allergic to it, while another critter of a different species might cause no reaction at all. You'll have to experiment to find your answer, but be aware and wary. Anaphylactic Shock is not a nice thing to experience, especially if you're far from a Hospital.

A post from a last member that I figured I would share, given the circumstance of what happened, and what they done to resolve any issues.

I have seen this happen with two different girls I've known, who both tried twice. and then i have heard a couple other first hand accounts of this occurring in a similar fashion from gals that were looking around online.
-Id say about 1 in 20? girls have had an allergic reactions to dog semen in the past.
-if you're already allergic to dog dander, dog cum is linked and quite likely to be an allergen as well.
-Remember to ask.. if you or they have ever had allergic reaction.
-don't even think about asking me about dog condoms. just give up. go adopt a cat.

Here's how the typical encounters went down for me

- So the reaction seems to start to set in.. ten, maybe fifteen minutes later, after shes been pumped full and now i'm getting my turn on those delish sloppy seconds.
-"uhrh.. umm. weird" what? "I dunno something just kind of feels weird.
-pound pound pound
-"hey could you like... slow down for a sec. that just isnt feeling very good." (..maybe i just suck in bed and they were making it up?)
":god damn.. seriously.. stop,. thats really starting to burn"
-"I need to pee"
-yow yow yow i really need to piss somethings burning this does not feel good.
-"I think im having an allergic reaction: (weak, it doesnt look like they are making it up)
**THE SOONER YOU CAN ADMINISTER BENADRYL OR SOME OTHER ANTIHISTAMINE IN THIS PROGRESSION THE BETTER
"i need to go take a shower. .. / wash myself out."
Ok. ooops.. shit.. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT USE HOT WATER.

I frown and think to myself "well there goes my nut.." while she stares at your with wide freaked out doe eyes and the likely expectation youre going to say... something more productive then you
all allergic reactions are different. yours could be worse, could be better. could be none

but form my small pool of several accounts.

10-20 minutes onset.. burning,, discomfort.
20-30.. itching, burning, breaking out in hives. body wide. but especially where splattered in dog semen.
30-40.. discomfort and concern with the possibility of a trip to the hospital. generalized regret about just having had sex with a dog.

at this point with sickness my philosophy has always been.. make a quantifiable rubric. and repeat every ten or twenty minutes. - rash .- 1-10. better, worse. burning 1-10 better or worse. ease of breathing 1-10. better or worse.anxiousness. 1-10 better or worse.. etc. and then sit down, distract yourself, watch a tv episode and check in to see where you score (the best way to tel if you're getting better,,. or NOT)
-if you start getting to the point where you think... fuck... I honestly don't know what it would be like or if I'm going to be able to hang if this gets any worse... make a note of it. and get ready for a doctors trip.. if it gets worse, i recommend you go. especially if any difficulty in breathing starts.
- I've rearely seen any type of encounter that continues to get worse without peaking in a couple hours. (except food poisoning.. FUCK) anyways, just watch some tv, distract yourself. cross your fingers. eventually enought time will pass that you can tell youve peaked, and are now coming back down and getting better,.

My observed reactions:

In a few hours you'll be fine.
its never been bad enough or the dog was good enough that the girls i knew both were willing to try it a second time just to make sure,.
And then after the 2nd time - god damnit. FUCK! yep.. im allergic to dog cum.

Prognosis.

-you may consider trying a different dog. (coinflip weighted to 'god damn it' a 3rd time.)
-sorry but what cruel twisted fate. time to shelf the dog fucking and move on to.......
-or-
-or just take it like a doggy champ and suffer the consequences
Woah thanks for the tip, never knew this was a thing.

I reacted with a German Shepherd, had no reaction with a long coated german.
Ive tried a few other breeds none of which have resulted in a reaction.
Thanks for your answer and your input. The same happened to me... With a German shepherd. But I've never tried with a different breed. I've always been curious... What if... With another breed?... Maybe one day I could try with skin test. Who knows.

Thanks for your answer and your input. The same happened to me... With a German shepherd. But I've never tried with a different breed. I've always been curious... What if... With another breed?... Maybe one day I could try with skin test. Who knows.
If you do to make sure youre in a safe environment with a trusted support person and take precautions. If you react please go to hospital, they will ask what may have triggered it just say youre unsure.
It was baby steps for a good while even before skin tests were done.

There have been questions posted regarding the possibility of allergic reactions during or after sexual contact. Having an allergy to the semen of an animal is very possible, and the introduction of semen into the mouth, vagina or anus allows fast absorption because of the nature of the tissue (mucus membrane). Penile contact with the vaginal or anal tissue of another species involves less exposure and may show symptoms of an allergic reaction more slowly, showing up after repeated experiences. If the contact is with the animal’s tongue, there can be a sensitivity reaction just because of the repetition. The tongue is intended in animal’s life to perform many activities. Irritation and tenderness will pass quickly; a cold pack will provide comfort if needed.

An allergic reaction can be expressed as a mild reaction, such as eczema, hives, hay fever and asthma. An Anaphylactic reaction can be life threatening, the entire system reacts. Noticeable symptoms are severe difficulty in breathing and a sudden drop in blood pressure resulting in fainting or loss of consciousness. This is a life-threatening Emergency, oral medications will not be able to fix this condition. Seek emergency help immediately. You do not have to reveal what precipitated the reaction. The treatment will be the same no matter what the cause. However getting dressed, if possible will help deter certain lines of questions.

The tendency to respond in an allergic fashion is an inherited trait. If you have had past allergic reactions, you are apt to be sensitive to more things in your environment. If you do have a history of allergies, proceed cautiously with this new erotic experience. Allergies do not get better over time, they get worse. If you have had an Anaphylactic reaction ever in your life, stick to movies…Since semen is a foreign protein, the body will most likely respond in a very life threatening way.

Avoidance, medication, and desensitization injections (these shots take years to work and since animals can be removed easily from the environment, most insurance companies will not pay for them) Medication that is used to treat allergies are commonly called anti histamines. Over the counter medication include, Benadryl
(diphenhydramine) 25-50mg every 4-6 hrs, maximum daily dose is 400mg per day. Claritin (loratadine) 10mg once a day. Zantac ( ranitidine) 150mg twice a day ( yes, I know it is usually used to treat heartburn but it is also an antihistamine ) Barrier methods are not very effective as condoms are constructed for humans and the anti spermicidal condoms are irritating to the mucus membranes of the dog. There has been mention of an “EpiPen”, The active ingredient is Epinephrine, and this medication can only be obtained with a prescription. There are health risks inherent in the medication itself, and should be used only by the person it is prescribed, whose physician is aware of the person’s health history. Allergy symptoms get increasingly worse with each exposure to the allergen (whether it is semen, bee stings or pollen) .

To my knowledge there is no way to test for an allergy to semen pre exposure. I have read suggestions to try “scratch” tests with the semen, however the scratching itself can cause irritation and end up confusing the issue. Taking a small amount of semen and putting it on the forearm and covering it with plastic wrap and leaving it over night may help with the question of possible reactions. If the area is red or red and raised, proceed with caution.

If you have questions, I will try to answer them or leave you links to areas of information to read. The Forum is a great storehouse of information and support, both written and in the community.

From: dogluver101 A little Q&A from the cached version of this post I found from our old forum.

An allergic reaction to a given thing doesn't automatically equate to any other allergy. Allergies manifest themselves differently in individual people anyway. One critter's hair will affect a person allergic to it, while another critter of a different species might cause no reaction at all. You'll have to experiment to find your answer, but be aware and wary. Anaphylactic Shock is not a nice thing to experience, especially if you're far from a Hospital.

A post from a last member that I figured I would share, given the circumstance of what happened, and what they done to resolve any issues.

I have seen this happen with two different girls I've known, who both tried twice. and then i have heard a couple other first hand accounts of this occurring in a similar fashion from gals that were looking around online.
-Id say about 1 in 20? girls have had an allergic reactions to dog semen in the past.
-if you're already allergic to dog dander, dog cum is linked and quite likely to be an allergen as well.
-don't even think about asking me about dog condoms. just give up. go adopt a cat.

- So the reaction seems to start to set in.. ten, maybe fifteen minutes later, after shes been pumped full and now i'm getting my turn on those delish sloppy seconds.
-pound pound pound
-"hey could you like... slow down for a sec. that just isnt feeling very good." (..maybe i just suck in bed and they were making it up?)
-"I need to pee"
-"I think im having an allergic reaction: (weak, it doesnt look like they are making it up)
**THE SOONER YOU CAN ADMINISTER BENADRYL OR SOME OTHER ANTIHISTAMINE IN THIS PROGRESSION THE BETTER

I frown and think to myself "well there goes my nut.." while she stares at your with wide freaked out doe eyes and the likely expectation youre going to say... something more productive then you
all allergic reactions are different. yours could be worse, could be better. could be none

20-30.. itching, burning, breaking out in hives. body wide. but especially where splattered in dog semen.
30-40.. discomfort and concern with the possibility of a trip to the hospital. generalized regret about just having had sex with a dog.

at this point with sickness my philosophy has always been.. make a quantifiable rubric. and repeat every ten or twenty minutes. - rash .- 1-10. better, worse. burning 1-10 better or worse. ease of breathing 1-10. better or worse.anxiousness. 1-10 better or worse.. etc. and then sit down, distract yourself, watch a tv episode and check in to see where you score (the best way to tel if you're getting better,,. or NOT)
-if you start getting to the point where you think... fuck... I honestly don't know what it would be like or if I'm going to be able to hang if this gets any worse... make a note of it. and get ready for a doctors trip.. if it gets worse, i recommend you go. especially if any difficulty in breathing starts.
- I've rearely seen any type of encounter that continues to get worse without peaking in a couple hours. (except food poisoning.. FUCK) anyways, just watch some tv, distract yourself. cross your fingers. eventually enought time will pass that you can tell youve peaked, and are now coming back down and getting better,.

My observed reactions:

its never been bad enough or the dog was good enough that the girls i knew both were willing to try it a second time just to make sure,.

Prognosis.

-you may consider trying a different dog. (coinflip weighted to 'god damn it' a 3rd time.)
-sorry but what cruel twisted fate. time to shelf the dog fucking and move on to.......
-or-
Thank you. This is very helpful, and something I worry about.

Thought id share my experiences here. Late 20s male. I finally decided to take the leap and try my first zoo experience AND first gay experience. 1st time bent down and put him in my mouth, the taste was better than I thought and I swallowed what I could and let him mount me. It felt fucking amazing, hurt a little at first because hes a big breed (German Shepard) but I got used to it and took him. After I came I felt itchy. Im mildly allergic to dogs so I thought ill just hop in the shower.

I thought I was going to die. Took antihistamines instantly. Throat and face were swollen to hell.

Tried again only letting him fuck me. Still hard to breathe and hives. Fml at least my wife didnt find out.

My wife had the same reaction, the dog finished in her and i was having my turn and she went into anaphlyis so I raced her up to the hospt.
turns out she cart do them any more.

When I was young and eagerly swallowing too much precum and cum from cousins and dogs, some weeks I had a sore throat from the enzymes in the fluids. It wasn't an allergy -- just irritation of the throat from the enzymes, according to what I read years ago. Way back then, when I was young, before researching, I thought it was irritation from billions of sperm.

-pound pound pound
-"I need to pee"

My observed reactions:

Prognosis.

-or-
Thank God I'm not allergic

Back