After my first horseback ride, I want more..... 🐎

Yep, yep, yep. Special message for men: wear a jock strap and wear it as high as you can!!! Otherwise you will feel *PAIN*.
Indeed this is a case of soft squishy things coming into contact with hard objects again. Flesh never fairs well against bone. Especially bumpy protrusions. One never wishes to sqeek in a higher octave.

Spooked horses that can't run away from what spooked them (tethered, harnessed, stabled, etc.) are kinda scary.
Truly it is a recipe for absolute danger and disaster. About all they can do is kick and bite at this point. One learns to watch for layed back ears, rolling eyes, bared teeth, pawing the ground, and stomping hooves. There might even sometimes be an all over quivering and bunching up. Blowing and snorting is usually added in as well. A pissed off horse is a very dangerous horse to be avoided at al costs.

Reactions: IHO
Wow, what a wealth of good information about horses, this thread is. Every contributor to this thread has had such valuable input!
This should be required reading for anyone about to get a horse, a new horse owner, or even many horse owners who still have much to learn.
Thank-you to you members on this thread who have life-long experience with horses, and are so willing to share it.
You guys are great!
Hay pretty lady! Hope life is being awesome to you! You are most welcome. I figure why bottle up things that can be helpful to others and help them have a more enjoyable more fulfilling life. There have been many times I need advice on something and there was no one there to give it or I needed just wee it more input. It truly sucks to be in a situation where you need help and it just aint there. One wise person told me years ago be willing to do anything you can to help others because there will come a time you yourself might need help of one sort or another. Life is to short to sit on the sidelines and watch others struggle needlessly. If you need help or advice this guy will be there. I live to serve not to be served.

Back