Zoophilia in history

Alfred Kinsey in 1948 found that 8 million people had experienced zoophilia in the US (population at time 146 million). Thats more than one in 20 people. A follow up study by Morton M Hunt in 1974 put it at 4.9% for men and 1.9% for women. In Brazil a study by the Journal of Sexual Medicine, estimated it to be 34% of men, often from rural backgrounds.
Interesting but this isn't surprising if you think that bestiality has existed since the beginning of humanity.

I was once told by someone that there is some history about zoophilia in north america during pre-colonial times? but they did not provide anything to corroborate it, I have yet to find anything to disprove it either.

Could anyone tell me whether this is true or not? I am not informed on the subject.

Not historical, but it seems to be acceptable in modern art. Noticed this in a visit to the Mpls. Inst. of Art. An artist's comment on local history. Had to take a closer look.20230719_104853.jpgMIA2.jpg

I guess in 200 years if someone finds this painting they'll think people in 2024 were all fucking oxen.
I guess so, too... But I'd like to have the people of this time be remembered as those who rarely did that.
On the other hand: Is zoo love really that old? 🤔

Not historical, but it seems to be acceptable in modern art. Noticed this in a visit to the Mpls. Inst. of Art. An artist's comment on local history. Had to take a closer look.
I think this was meant to read like a joke rather than support of zoophilia.
Zoophilia in a comedy context was pretty much always "acceptable", though very bawdy.

Back