Would you ever date someone you had to hide your love of animals from?

Would you ever date someone you had to hide your love of animals from?

• Yes

Votes: 98 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 86 46.7%

• Total voters
Huh, looks like the poll is at just about 50/50, I figured "no" would have been a little higher than that.

I went with "no" as well. If I'm going to get into a relationship with a woman I'd rather it not be build upon a foundation of lies, secrecy, and deceit. It's kind of unfortunate that I'm straight and not bisexual since women to men on here and other zoo spaces is around 1:10, so a relationship with a human is a little unlikely. But it is what it is, and I'm fine with my animal partners being my only "romantic" partners.

18 year old me would probably have said yes, but now it's a definite no. Even with dating I wouldn't risk getting myself into a mess if it went further, hiding my current life would be impossible.

Id love to find someone who accepted me and allowed me, but i can still love someone i have to hide it from. It is not a deal breaker

I had one amazing man in my life who I didn’t need to hide anything from . But he was a unicorn it seems .. so i don’t want to but the chances of that happening again I’d probably have to.

I say yes because I have before. I don't like to keep secrets from anyone I'm romantically invested in. But I have in the past

I voted yes, just because of the reality of the world. Only a few real-world people know I'm zoo. I wish I could tell everyone and it would be socially acceptable. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen in my lifetime. More's the pity.

No, you cant have a healthy relationship if you are hiding something that important. There's always going to be some tension or anxiety if the topic is brought up. At least that's how I see it. My last relationship was with a female zoo and I felt incredibly free around her. We could talk about anything and never worry about being judged or having to hide who we are. Before that relationship I tried with normal females and nope didnt feel the same or as strong of a connection.

I say no because while I will fool around with someone, I wont date them until I have warmed them up to the idea of zoophilia. At least to the point of tolerating it

No. It’s dishonest and has way too many moving parts. Even more so when your sex drive has been satisfied by another the other doesn’t know about. No thanks .

I've only shared this with one person and she had spent a month with a pig farmer who had her outside in the pen with pigs for a week but she was the only person I openly expressed my desires to. With a girl now for a long time, our only real interaction about it was when she "couldn't stop the dog from licking" my dick a few times in the morning. Said she wasn't fast enough to stop him but he got a few licks in. He was a good boy, he'd do that all the time, it was just the first time she saw anything. She didn't tell me for a few days but she laughed about it. But she also gets skeeved out when the cats book her leg with their noses while we go at it. Genuinely not sure how to bring it up with her without gambling our relationship but I think she'd look so pretty with a good dog..

Anyways, pardon my ramblings TL,DR: yeah but I would rather be with somebody who shared it. Love seeing the couples openly post. I strive for that

I don't date anymore.
But if I did, I would not search for a partner at a place like this. So I would have extremely slim chances of finding "a fellow zoo". And such a person could still be an amazing partner even if they don't have any zoo interests. As I don't have to have sex with animals, I don't really see how it would matter if I loved that person.
That I have had sex with animals before meeting them should not matter either. And I would not go behind their back and cheat with an animal.

My past 3 relationships with women have all included a zoo aspect, so since I've been single I've been hoping to find a girl who would be open to it or ideally already experienced. It's something I love and would be a difficult thing to hide in the long run. That said, I've been single 5 years now so I do wonder sometimes if it's worth it and should I just try and hide it or suppress my needs so I have the chance of finding a girl to love and have a family with etc. It certainly weighs heavy on my mind as I'm not getting any younger.

Yes, I would. It's just a reality that most of us men that we don't get to choose between a partner who's okay with this and a partner that's not. We choose between a partner that we have to hide this from or no partner at all. Besides that this is definiteley not the most important thing I seek in a partner. Her zoosexuality would be nice to have but is definitely not need to have. Compatible values, shared interests and life goals, and our own personal attraction to each other are much more important.

my current partner knows, but he doesn't feel the same way and he doesn't want pets. i love him too much to break up now (+13yrs together)
if we somehow ever get seperated i will look for someone with mutual interest, or one that is okay with me having pets.

Just married someone I need to hide my love for animals from. I haven't had any animal partners the full time we have been together but I would probably jump on the opportunity if it arrived with out being caught.

Given the choice between no human partner or having to hide, I pick having to hide. Of course my dream is a girl with similar interests to share this with but they are hard to find. So you find someone that ticks all other boxes and you keep secrets that eat away at your soul until you can't keep it secret anymore and you tell them hoping that after all those years they love you enough to accept you for who you are. And then the relationship is over and you have to start again. I get why people just say no, but I'm not that bitter -yet-.

the pressure would get to me eventually. i don't think i could be with someone i had to suppress such a big part of me around

I think there is a gravitational pull for us zoos to find each other. I swear I'm not doing anything to find a zoo woman IRL, but a few days ago, someone popped up in my FB dating feed with paw tattoos! Hmm, of course, that sparked my interest big time, and I started chatting with them. I don't know if they are or not, though, but they love dogs. ;)

Back