Why Animals?

My dog isn't going to abandon me, or yell at me, or hit me, or put me in the hospital again, or make fun of me, or belittle me, or hurt me in any way. My dog loves me unconditionally, and I love him. He's always happy to see me and be with me. I choose dogs because, I don't want to get hurt anymore.
They are so loyal and very loving ❤️

For me, it was always the absence of the complicated drama that humans can inject into what should just be an instinctual urge - which I guess is a fancy way of saying animals convey their wants/desires and emotions in an uncomplicated way (at least to me). I have a world of empathy to give to those who deserve it, and have yet to have an animal give me a reason not to extend it to them. You show them love, they'll give it in return.
My God.
Very well said.
Hit the nail right on the head.
Bravo.....bravo.....
👏👏👏👏👏

My dog isn't going to abandon me, or yell at me, or hit me, or put me in the hospital again, or make fun of me, or belittle me, or hurt me in any way. My dog loves me unconditionally, and I love him. He's always happy to see me and be with me. I choose dogs because, I don't want to get hurt anymore.
Thank you for sharing, sorry to hear you’ve had such horrible experiences but happy you found that unconditional love ❤️

Despite the obvious difference with humans, animals can be romantic too, as long we are willing to understand the signs. It's not the same, but both can give that love feeling.

And the species barrier feels artificial for some, since we aren't superior to them.

Despite the obvious difference with humans, animals can be romantic too, as long we are willing to understand the signs. It's not the same, but both can give that love feeling.

And the species barrier feels artificial for some, since we aren't superior to them.
Well said.
👍

I'm glad for you, you have found happiness, but the why is amazingly sad.

Just a general question, but what about animals (dogs, cats, horses, etc) makes people want to have relationships with them? Is it just love, like you'd feel with another human, but on a different body? If yes, could you answer why it doesn't happen with humans, and if no, what exactly is it?

Up until pretty recently I've been assuming I was aromantic, as I had never really felt a romantic connection before, until this year. It may be a little silly but I want to understand love more than anything, and why I've found an attraction to animals as well as humans.
For me it is because I bonded with animals at a young age and even now they continue to be close friends/family to me.

It is for fun, and for love and for appreciation. The sex is hot to see, it's hot to think about, but simply being in the presence of animals is calming to me. It settles me. As someone who prefers to be non-verbal sometimes, it feels quite natural.

They aren't people. They aren't equals in the sense that they can do as they please, disrespect people or other animals simply because you decide to bond with them in a more intimate fashion.

Any comparison to people bothers me. They do not age, or think like people. So any comparison to a human love also doesn't make much sense to me. It is different.

My attraction to animals stems from an interest in animals first and foremost. Not a desire to fill a hole or replace people. But a desire to bond closely with animals because they themselves have so much to offer. Domestic animals and humans have been side by side for thousands of years---they are very open and happy and fun to be around.

Love is a simple way to put it. But love isn't respect, or understanding. So my desire to understand, and to connect, supports my ability to find true companionship in another species.

TLDR:
Anyway. It's complex. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons! As long as the animal is happy, safe, and properly cared for. And the Human takes care of their own mental and physical health as well. That's all that matters.

Sorry for the ramble.

Very depressing to say the least. I don't think that's a good reason to deny human companionship. But that's none of my business. I am only glad you found happiness, animals are a blessing.

I’ve only just showed up here but. I can honestly say that my observations of people. It just sickens me greatly to see how selfish, condescending, demanding, uncaring, manipulative, and out right brutally hateful and abusive “normal” human x human relationships can be. I’m just sick and tired of all the two faced, hypocritical, double standard bullshit that I’ve seen.

My love for canine and equine companions for a loving relationship feels more real than with any human. I can trust an animal to love me and show that they care about me in their own way. I can trust an animal to just be an animal. But with humans? How can i truly trust other humans when all they’ve done is lie, cheat, steal, brag, boast, corrupt, twist, manipulate, and gossip to everyone they know? ESPECIALLY when they should know better because they go to church. (Life sucks when you have more than just a broken home but a broken family of lying, cheating, manipulative, two faced, religious hypocrites who single you out half the time because you refuse to bend knee, bow down, and conform to their ideology.) but hey I’m still here and i am much better off with my love and attraction to animals than humans cause at least then i can have the peace of mind that I’m more lived by animals than other humans who act worse than animals.

TL,DR: I’m saying that the love from and for an animal is it’s own special thing and can be much deeper snd meaningful due to most humans being terrified of showing such “weakness” and not wanting to see who they really are in the mirror.

In other words if your love for an animal is true and pure then go for it as it the love an animal can give is the most purest and precious signs of actual love.

(I’ve only known the love and affection of animals because my family was and is mostly manipulative uncaring people demanding others to conform… there’s a reason I’m agnostic and look at religion like its a bs plague that people use to force something on others.) anyways i wish you, op, all the best. And to those who’ll likely reply to this with “I’m so sorry for what happened to you.” And the like. I’m still here, standing against the monstrosities as best i can. I’m just glad and happy for the few real friends that I do have and I’m sure that I’ll be glad to be here and get to know others here. (Too often the past is like a chain that holds us back… and one day we must wake up and realize that we’re holding ourselves back from being happy and choose to let go of that chain so we can finally grow and be free. But too often we grasp to that chain not wanting to lose something familiar.)

… all the best to you though.

I’ve only just showed up here but. I can honestly say that my observations of people. It just sickens me greatly to see how selfish, condescending, demanding, uncaring, manipulative, and out right brutally hateful and abusive “normal” human x human relationships can be. I’m just sick and tired of all the two faced, hypocritical, double standard bullshit that I’ve seen.

My love for canine and equine companions for a loving relationship feels more real than with any human. I can trust an animal to love me and show that they care about me in their own way. I can trust an animal to just be an animal. But with humans? How can i truly trust other humans when all they’ve done is lie, cheat, steal, brag, boast, corrupt, twist, manipulate, and gossip to everyone they know? ESPECIALLY when they should know better because they go to church. (Life sucks when you have more than just a broken home but a broken family of lying, cheating, manipulative, two faced, religious hypocrites who single you out half the time because you refuse to bend knee, bow down, and conform to their ideology.) but hey I’m still here and i am much better off with my love and attraction to animals than humans cause at least then i can have the peace of mind that I’m more lived by animals than other humans who act worse than animals.

TL,DR: I’m saying that the love from and for an animal is it’s own special thing and can be much deeper snd meaningful due to most humans being terrified of showing such “weakness” and not wanting to see who they really are in the mirror.

In other words if your love for an animal is true and pure then go for it as it the love an animal can give is the most purest and precious signs of actual love.

(I’ve only known the love and affection of animals because my family was and is mostly manipulative uncaring people demanding others to conform… there’s a reason I’m agnostic and look at religion like its a bs plague that people use to force something on others.) anyways i wish you, op, all the best. And to those who’ll likely reply to this with “I’m so sorry for what happened to you.” And the like. I’m still here, standing against the monstrosities as best i can. I’m just glad and happy for the few real friends that I do have and I’m sure that I’ll be glad to be here and get to know others here. (Too often the past is like a chain that holds us back… and one day we must wake up and realize that we’re holding ourselves back from being happy and choose to let go of that chain so we can finally grow and be free. But too often we grasp to that chain not wanting to lose something familiar.)

Said very nicely!

Spoken from the heart, we don't see that enough on here. Thank you!

From a young age I always loved horses. They made me weak at the knees and feel butterflies in my belly. It's so hard to concentrate around them. I just want to make them happy and it doesn't have to be sex. I just want to play with them, feed them, cuddle them, clean them, keep them safe and healthy.

However my first time started out with a dog I wasn't interested in at the time, but who was very interested in me. He introduced me to feelings I had never experienced before. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. Sometimes all the things that make things easier to be human just complicate life unnecessarily. With an animal, those complicated social structures and mindfield of mind games are stripped away, it's just you and the animal. As long as you can take care of the animal, it will remain to love and cherish you like the superman you are to them.

Spoken from the heart, we don't see that enough on here. Thank you!

From a young age I always loved horses. They made me weak at the knees and feel butterflies in my belly. It's so hard to concentrate around them. I just want to make them happy and it doesn't have to be sex. I just want to play with them, feed them, cuddle them, clean them, keep them safe and healthy.

However my first time started out with a dog I wasn't interested in at the time, but who was very interested in me. He introduced me to feelings I had never experienced before. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. Sometimes all the things that make things easier to be human just complicate life unnecessarily. With an animal, those complicated social structures and mindfield of mind games are stripped away, it's just you and the animal. As long as you can take care of the animal, it will remain to love and cherish you like the superman you are to them.
Said beautifully and tenderly

For me, an animal becomes part of the family and you do love them in the same way you would a human. With animals though, there is no judgement and there is a complete trust which builds over years which makes sex (when it does happen) feel very natural.

I’m not sure if anyone will agree with this sentiment but that’s my experience anyway 😊

Back