“Where did those scratches come from?” What excuse do you give?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't horses nip when they are really getting into things. Teeth marks are sort of like scratches have you ever had to explain that, or is your equine not as mouthy as some I've met. Although I guess it's only the stallions I'm thinking of.
My horse has never bitten me...and I never restrain him or tie him to anything, sexual situation or otherwise. There are specific reasons why a horse will bite. Among them: being frustrated or aggressive, and I never give him a reason to be either of those, of course. Another can be a reaction to a saddle being too tight in the girth or otherwise uncomfortable. The main cause of biting, as I was taught, is if you've gotten him used to hand feeding, as with treats. Not because of bites while taking it from you, but it's when you go to him without a treat, and that is not due to anger.

Thanks to you, he feels very entitled to that treat. There is nothing wrong with healthy treats! But they should never come from your hand for the reasons just stated. He may bite or pull at your clothes, pockets or hands, arms, etc. looking for food, not intending to hurt you, but without knowing he might.

Last edited:
My horse has never bitten me...and I never restrain him or tie him to anything, sexual situation or otherwise. There are specific reasons why a horse will bite. Among them: being frustrated or aggressive, and I never give him a reason to be either of those, of course. Another can be a reaction to a saddle being too tight in the girth or otherwise uncomfortable. The main cause of biting, as I was taught, is if you've gotten him used to hand feeding, as with treats. Not because of bites while taking it from you, but it's when you go to him without a treat, and that is not due to anger.

Thanks to you, he feels very entitled to that treat. There is nothing wrong with healthy treats! But they should never come from your hand for the reasons just stated. He may bite or pull at your clothes, pockets or hands, arms, etc. looking for food, not intending to hurt you, but without knowing he might.
Well I was talking about nipping not full on biting, but are you saying stallions never chomp the neck or back of whom they are mounting? Because I was sure I had seen this sort of behaviour. However I will defer to your experience with horses mounting humans as it is not something I have as much personal experience with.

Well I was talking about nipping not full on biting, but are you saying stallions never chomp the neck or back of whom they are mounting? Because I was sure I had seen this sort of behaviour. However I will defer to your experience with horses mounting humans as it is not something I have as much personal experience with.
That CAN happen during "mounting." That's just one of the hazards of a horse mounting you from behind for sex!
It is my opinion no one should ever do that.

That CAN happen during "mounting." That's just one of the hazards of a horse mounting you from behind for sex!
It is my opinion no one should ever do that.
I tend to agree it's far from a safe way of going about things, but I've never been mounted by a stallion anyway, not even from the side. I value my ass to much to try that sort of thing, so I've only sucked and handled those big boys.

I tend to agree it's far from a safe way of going about things, but I've never been mounted by a stallion anyway, not even from the side. I value my ass to much to try that sort of thing, so I've only sucked and handled those big boys.
Guess what...that's all I do anymore. I have realized I get more enjoyment from jacking him and making him cum all over me, and it makes him very happy. I have gotten so busy elsewhere in my life that it's most often for him that I do it, though I certainly do love it.

Oh...we are way off topic. I'd sworn not to go off topic so much any more, and it's against the rules.
My apologies to the OP, the site and any other concerned parties.

Last edited:
There are, and I've enjoyed reading them. Thanks for a great thread!
I just know that if one has partaken in knotty activities, they usually have some marks to prove it. Thought it’d make for an interesting topic. I’m glad everybody enjoyed and contributed. I know I’ve had to explain why my legs look flogged once or twice.

Casual intimate: "Scratches? Where, show me? I didn't notice."

Potential life partner goes through a stringent, yet serupticious vetting process and must accept that which they may or may not like or it's a deal breaker. Luckily most poly people have emotional and sexual IQ's lightyears more advanced than a mono.

I just know that if one has partaken in knotty activities, they usually have some marks to prove it. Thought it’d make for an interesting topic. I’m glad everybody enjoyed and contributed. I know I’ve had to explain why my legs look flogged once or twice.
Yes and no, If you don't mind being scratched you will be. But with good preparation you can tie every day of the week and come out of it scratch free as I proved with a cute young Amstaff a few years back. Dog scratches may be the most common because dogs are very popular companions. However compared to a bigger animal like my alpaca boy, dog scratches are nothing. But that would be leading us off topic again, so better ignore I said that. :gsd_grin:

Yes and no, If you don't mind being scratched you will be. But with good preparation you can tie every day of the week and come out of it scratch free as I proved with a cute young Amstaff a few years back. Dog scratches may be the most common because dogs are very popular companions. However compared to a bigger animal like my alpaca boy, dog scratches are nothing. But that would be leading us off topic again, so better ignore I said that. :gsd_grin:
You’re 100% right, and I never said anything about this thread being “only dogs”. Yes, some of us like scratches; some of us don’t. We make it work no matter which one we prefer, you’re damn right about that. I was simply curious about the explanations people come up with when it comes to explaining scratches, true or otherwise. But, also, you’re right again; the most common occurrences of scratchings tend to stem from dogs. In that case, I believe we in the community would be behooved to hear how it goes when the scratches are administered from a stronger beast. I know when my dog scratches, cuts, and fucks the shit out of me, there isn’t anything in the world that makes me feel so alive. If that reality is considered nothing to you, I’m jealous. I envy the level of beast you are capable of taking. I want to feel that. Please enlighten us.

You’re 100% right, and I never said anything about this thread being “only dogs”. Yes, some of us like scratches; some of us don’t. We make it work no matter which one we prefer, you’re damn right about that. I was simply curious about the explanations people come up with when it comes to explaining scratches, true or otherwise. But, also, you’re right again; the most common occurrences of scratchings tend to stem from dogs. In that case, I believe we in the community would be behooved to hear how it goes when the scratches are administered from a stronger beast. I know when my dog scratches, cuts, and fucks the shit out of me, there isn’t anything in the world that makes me feel so alive. If that reality is considered nothing to you, I’m jealous. I envy the level of beast you are capable of taking. I want to feel that. Please enlighten us.
Alpaca scratch 3748.JPG
Sorry I shouldn't have said dog scratches were nothing, but I've just never had a dog scratch me this deeply which stung for days.
I do however try and avoid letting my red stuff come out when ever possible as a general rule.

View attachment 151467
Sorry I shouldn't have said dog scratches were nothing, but I've just never had a dog scratch me this deeply which stung for days.
I do however try and avoid letting my red stuff come out when ever possible as a general rule.
A few things my bedside is never without when I have an active 4-legged partner - Ozonal w/antibiotic, hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol, gauze and tape :LOL:

Or sometimes I said I was running in the forest and hit some branches😊😅
Actually, that's quite brilliant!

Given my province is more or less covered in blackberry bushes, I think I'll use that :LOL:

Back