When we grow old …

T

Tailo

Those of us who only have an interest in non-human animals as partners are unlikely to have children and grand-children. We have our partners as family, but the time may come where we are not fit enough to satisfy the needs of a new dog anymore, to take care of horses. Do you sometimes think about that future? Do you have plans for that time? Do you live in some kind of community with others which works a little like human families to support each other?

What are your thoughts on the matter, dear fellow exclusive zoos?

I’m not exclusive, but i have had a hard time finding someone that matches me as a whole. But yes I have wondered what I would do as i age or even deal with the loss of another dog when the time comes. Move on? Put it in a box and lock it down?
Not sure.

I suppose there isnt any difference in a retirement plan. Itd be easier to save and invest being exclusive as the biggest expense in a persons life is families and raising of children.

Zoo exclusives should leverage this and put away extra money when they do age, they can have help in their old age or hire out help if needed for their animal mates. Also possible to leave money after your gone to see to the well being of your mates remaining years.

I suppose there isnt any difference in a retirement plan. Itd be easier to save and invest being exclusive as the biggest expense in a persons life is families and raising of children.

Zoo exclusives should leverage this and put away extra money when they do age, they can have help in their old age or hire out help if needed for their animal mates. Also possible to leave money after your gone to see to the well being of your mates remaining years.
Would that it were that simple. For example, why does an Exclusive pay school taxes when they are never going to need one? And if you ask why families that put a much greater burden on infrastructure get a discount on taxes, you'll get a "think of the children" answer. Housing costs pretty much the same from 1 to 4 people.

Would that it were that simple. For example, why does an Exclusive pay school taxes when they are never going to need one? And if you ask why families that put a much greater burden on infrastructure get a discount on taxes, you'll get a "think of the children" answer. Housing costs pretty much the same from 1 to 4 people.
Its the system we are in, taxed to death and even paying taxes after your dead, death tax.

Housing varies but I already am a homeowner early because I don't have a family, nor ever will. Now just working on the IRA.

Where are you living? Here in N.J. is the capital of tax suckers other then CAL as far as I know. It’s way too expensive here.

Can't lie, the thought of getting older and unable to do the things I can now scares me a bit. I do my best to stay as active as possible so hopefully I will still be able to take any future partners hiking when I start to turn grey. If anything were to happen to me when I get older, I have family that'll be more than happy to take in any of my dogs. If something were to happen to me way before then, my folks wouldn't be happy with me if I were to leave their "grandchildren" with anyone other than them though.

Even though the chances of me having children (and as such also grandchildren) are fairly slim, I am not totally disconnected from society. Being the age I am now, I more than likely will outlive my mare. It's not something I like to think about, but this is the cruelty of finding your partner among a species with a shorter lifespan.

Living on my own, I do recognise the vulnerabilities. For instance, if I have an accident and I cannot leave the house (or I'm in hospital) for some time, I need arrangements to ensure my mare is properly looked after. This is where a livery comes in handy, but the flipside of a livery is that you don't always have the private time you would like.

Here, there are some arrangements one could make with (in my case) equine charities. One of my friends made an arrangement that if she would pass away before her horse, her horse would have a place in a sanctuary, basically going into adoption processes from there on. It is not ideal, but maybe it's the only option...

The utopian solution is to be part of a self sufficient community of zoo-exclusives. This community would be the surrogate family to care for us and our partners as we age. The limitation with this solution is that it would attract 'official' interest due to its inherent size. Perhaps the workable solution is to have a small but closed community that supports and accepts zoo-exclusivity.

Being born into gen z, I still havent thought much about that. A reliable friend in the know to help me out would be an option, however I'm sort of hoping for a lethal stroke right before I get to the point I cant walk my own dog anymore. Sure not if its temporary but if its foreseeable i wont ever walk the dog as much as it demands again, why even bother anymore.

I'm 66. I have thought of this too. Best way to do this is talk to a lawyer to draw up a contract for someone you trust to care for your animals. Secondly is to have your will (that you have already done) specify how to care for your animals/critters. Maybe a sanctuary? Make a donation prior to you becoming incapacitated?

Planning Planning Planning ahead of time will care for your animals. Maybe connect with a zoo exclusive from this site to care for tham when you pass? Just rambling on....

At some point of my life I suppose I'm gonna have to decide what to do with this matter. Life expectancy indicates that I should survive my dogs for many years, but then I will have more dogs if I can. That's the decision I'll have to make... to get more dogs or not, considering my health and other things. The thing that worries me the most is what is gonna happen if suddenly I die or get unable to attend the dogs. I hope my brothers or close friends will take charge of them (or the only zoo friend I have, if he survives me since he is many years older than me).

lol at the tax things people are stating here

here we have 18 different values for the USD
want to buy a game in steam? listed price + 21% (VAT) + 8% (Informatics tax) + 30% (Exterior market tax)
Want to export anything? Market price + 21% VAT + retention tax (completely different PER PRODUCT, not family, soy having the highest retentions) + 20% for government taxes (municipal tax, provincial tax, retirement tax, union tax even if you don't belong to a union)

As for the topic onhand, I'd really like to have a kid someday but not as of yet

lol at the tax things people are stating here

here we have 18 different values for the USD
want to buy a game in steam? listed price + 21% (VAT) + 8% (Informatics tax) + 30% (Exterior market tax)
Want to export anything? Market price + 21% VAT + retention tax (completely different PER PRODUCT, not family, soy having the highest retentions) + 20% for government taxes (municipal tax, provincial tax, retirement tax, union tax even if you don't belong to a union)

As for the topic onhand, I'd really like to have a kid someday but not as of yet

Kid's make lousy Pets. (Snicker)

I'm not an exclusive zoo- at least not in the modern sense of the word. I'm an Asexual romantic (which probably doesn't mean what you think it means- look it up) but I develop deep emotional bonds with dogs and horses. I haven't decided if I'm going to stick around or not, honestly I find most of this forum kinda creepy- no offense to some of the more normal seaming people around.
-This is one of the reasons I'm here though, I always want to have my animal family, and would like to find someone to share my life with and plan for the future. Is this a crazy idea? I know it's probably to general a question, but could a zoo accept an asexual person as an LTR partner?

I have thought about this a lot and my goal is to find a younger male zoo into the same interests and then leave him to care for the animals and I stipulation that all animals are well cared for.

I'm not zooxclusive but I don't plant to have a children and I would like to have a partner or friend that delves into it as deep as I do, and I often have concern about this; it's going to be difficult

Our plan has been to find other zoos who are socially compatible and hopefully younger. The work still gets done, but there are days when a stronger back would be appreciated and, much as I wish it weren't the case, when one of the girls is in heat we just can't keep up these days. We've had a few folks whom we've considered taking in, problem is none have been willing to uproot from their homes and go off to a far-away land.
It's not easy finding someone, but we keep trying.

Those of us who only have an interest in non-human animals as partners are unlikely to have children and grand-children. We have our partners as family, but the time may come where we are not fit enough to satisfy the needs of a new dog anymore, to take care of horses. Do you sometimes think about that future? Do you have plans for that time? Do you live in some kind of community with others which works a little like human families to support each other?

What are your thoughts on the matter, dear fellow exclusive zoos?
Well in our group I see the animals passing from one person to anouther just like the land will.

At least to a point. Then I don't know.. Maby some lucky mofo on a site like this will be interviewed and get our land, animals when the last of us is gone.

I would rather some lucky zoo get everything than it go to auction or the state or some normie

Last edited:
Well in our group I see the animals passing from one person to anouther just like the land will.

At least to a point. Then I don't know.. Maby some lucky mofo on a site like this will be interviewed and get our land, animals when the last of us is gone.

I would rather some lucky zoo get everything than it go to auction or the state or some normie
I would love to have a young zoo to pass on my farm and ladies when I am at that stage in life. It would be a win win for both of us.

This is not a thought for people living zoo exclusive, its a thought everybody has who has no son/daugher or grandchildren. I have a wife, but no son/daughter.

Back