When we grow old …

This is not a thought for people living zoo exclusive, its a thought everybody has who has no son/daugher or grandchildren. I have a wife, but no son/daughter.

I was about to post something very similar! I was going to say its the same as losing a child.

Im ending it all when I start to get too old, it bears a lot on my conscience that day and this will all come to an end, and I don't want it. This life is so enjoyful but so short. ?

Im ending it all when I start to get too old, it bears a lot on my conscience that day and this will all come to an end, and I don't want it. This life is so enjoyful but so short. ?
Don't do that. Just find a retirement community to live in.

I plan on finding a retirement home that allows dogs. Even if I'm not active anymore I'll be ok as long as I have a dog.

Ideally I'd like to live with a zoo friend, or at least have someone I trust enough to take care of me or my animals. Of course it will be reciprocal.

Those of us who only have an interest in non-human animals as partners are unlikely to have children and grand-children. We have our partners as family, but the time may come where we are not fit enough to satisfy the needs of a new dog anymore, to take care of horses. Do you sometimes think about that future? Do you have plans for that time? Do you live in some kind of community with others which works a little like human families to support each other?

What are your thoughts on the matter, dear fellow exclusive zoos?
This is something i think about a lot. It is one of the reasons i have been trying to find helpers on here. Young people that would like a chance to be with horses while helping me care for them. And if the right helper(s) come along, to one day hand everything over to them. Ideally I would like to find a couple of young girls that are zoo exclusive and like being bred by stallions. Teach them how to care for horses, handle them, teach them the breeding industry, and safely get bred by stallions, make them partnerd first, and some day turn this place over to them.

I would not rule out a guy taking the place over, I just don't have a sexual interest in watching/helping a guy get bred by a stallion the way i do women. Though i am zoo exclusive in terms of the fact that i do not want to stick my pecker in another human, i do very much like seeing a girl get her pussy pounded by a stallion which is the reason i would like to have a female helper or helpers to some day turn this place over to. I want as much fun stuff to partake in with my horses as possible before i am too old.

But alas, after years of looking, i have pretty much given up. At this point i think my best option is to get no more horses than what i currently have with the expectations that i should out live even the youngest that i currently have a just die lonely in a nursing home.

I sit here, broken bodied thanks to a crazy mare a few years ago & a few injuries over the years, mentally shot in some ways, only in my late 50's and remembering the words to that country song that went something like " I much to young to feel this damned old"..

Anyways.. The LAST THING I want is more zoos around this place, and anyone smart would feel the same way. They aren't showing up to help you out, just to get off on your animals because they're too lazy to put the effort into taking the responsibilities required for having their own. And lazy is as lazy does, so don't look for any work out of them. 90% of the time all you'll get is drama, fighting, abuse of your animals and eventually some kind of legal problems. Think I'm kidding? Look at every single one of the outtings and issues past zoos have had, and how they happened. They invited a crowd in "to help out".

My animals don't "need" sex with humans to begin with. That's a fallacy. I become unable to care for them, they need feeding, turn-out, health care, exercise, grooming, companionship, protection..

Long ago, I began an investment fund for the future care of any stock I had in retirement. I'm technically retired now, as I'm disabled, though I still train part time. I have clear instructions in my will for my dogs. My Border, who is a particular bloodline he loves, is sorely wanted by my Vet. He has thus agreed to take in both dogs, or any dogs I have. He is a "No-kill" Vet, and loves dogs deeply.

I have been teaching a young girl the last few years all I can about training. She helps take care of the horses now. She also helps me some days get from the wheelchair into the brace I designed when I cannot on my own. With the pandemic, she has had to limit her visits, but she returned recently. I also have a part-time assistant. I saved for years in order to afford them.

I have insurance on the animals health, where I can. The dogs are easy. Pet insurance is common now. The horses and other stock are harder, but not impossible. The farm is also insured, and carries disability insurance as well that covers animal care if I have to go into an extended care facility. (It pays 60% since I'm already disabled) Every little bit helps.

I lost two farms, and several horses who were close friends with them, over the years and had to start again from scratch. I learned from those mistakes.

sw

Yes you are right, they are lazy to not have their animals
Not quite how I want to be felt I think completely, though those are indeed the words I wrote and thus my responsibility. You see, as I said in my intro I have strong opinions. Perhaps one of the stronger is a mans responsibility for his words. I cannot take them back.

I do indeed feel that many zoos only accept these offers so they may have access to "free sex". I've seen it happen in the community too many times to not believe it true. I've heard the cries too many times of how they "won't get a job to help with support, won't help with care of animals and won't even clean up after themselves" to not feel them "lazy", and seen too many decent zoos homes and lives upheaved by them in undeserved "revenge" when finally told the gravy train has ended. Indeed there have been the few who have been different, outting an abuser, earning their keep, etc. but they're the minority so far in my experience.

I don't think it impossible for YOU to invite other zoos to make a home with you, to share the work, to build a trust. I think, with the right kind of communication and understanding beforehand, that it can be done. It may even be a good idea, as far as care and future wellbeing of your companions is concerned, though sharing them sexually in my book remains a dumb idea.

It is just, as my words said, "The LAST thing I want..". I'm extremely anti-social anyway, even with the 'normals'. In decades in the community, I've met no zoo in person, and see no reason to change that, and the history above only reinforces that.

As I said, I cannot take those words away, nor honestly do I really wish to, but I do hope I've explained them better.

sw

I'm only in my 30's but what happens to my animals after my death is a worry I've had on occasion, since I'm unsure if I'll ever raise kids that could help care for me when old. Lot of good ideas here for dealing with that, especially silverwolf1's whole gameplan.

Actually considering holding off on getting an equine of my own b/c I'd like to be able to save my stall/pasture to provide a home for animals from fellow zoos that can no longer care for them.

I’m only 26 so that eventuality is still a pretty long ways out for me but my thought so far is to continue having dog partners until I either lose the one I can’t get over or become too old to take on another and then either climb a mountain and never come back down or get lost at sea… unless something changes it looks like I’ll be finding myself alone in my sunset years.

Back