What's The Last Movie you've watched?

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - since I finished reading it this evening after starting it on Sunday.

Pfffftt a shitty stuff on IRA with Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt… no wonder no one ever heard of this 💩 it’s baaaad like boring super bad !!

John Wick 4

Pretty good, but not as great as the first two. And lousy (but not entirely unexpected) ending.

The final John Wick movie.. Keanu Reeves has confirmed it. Not surprising. Dude's almost 60 and still does most of his own stunts. Must be absolutely destroyed after making a movie like that.

Tom Cruise on the other hand has a death wish.
Unless they try doing prequels ("Just what was the "impossible task" referred to in the first one", ferinstance) I can't see any way to continue the franchise that isn't hopelessly contrived. Basically, so far as I'm concerned, there is no future for the franchise that doesn't require "going back in time". Probably best to just let it die a natural death, but I'm not expecting they'll have the decency to do that - I understand NetFlix is either plannning on, or already running (Not clear, and don't care enough to find out which case it actually is) a series centered around "The Continental", which I can't see being much more than a bunch of "And then Assassin X walks in the door, slides a coin across the desk to the pseudo-clerk (Charon can never be replaced - never mind that the actor is dead IRL - In-world, Winston may be "the boss", but Charon is the "heart and soul" of the Continental - Nope, no way, uh-uh, forget even trying to replace Charon) and chaos ensues" episodes that do nothing to explore the world, only serving as a money-grab exploiting the "John Wick" notoriety.

Unless they try doing prequels ("Just what was the "impossible task" referred to in the first one", ferinstance) I can't see any way to continue the franchise that isn't hopelessly contrived. Basically, so far as I'm concerned, there is no future for the franchise that doesn't require "going back in time".
i kinda expected a prequel about the impossible task. then again, it was very refreshing to see a flick were the protagonist doesn't really need half the movie (or a prequel) for their backstory. he just already is this badass, kinda feared even by the mob boss. i really liked the original john wick, the sequels not so much.

i kinda expected a prequel about the impossible task. then again, it was very refreshing to see a flick were the protagonist doesn't really need half the movie (or a prequel) for their backstory. he just already is this badass, kinda feared even by the mob boss. i really liked the original john wick, the sequels not so much.

The first two I thought were pretty great (even though the first one gave me that "What the everlovin' hell kinda rollercoaster ride did I just walk into the middle of????" vibe for the first half hour or so, despite watching the opening credits roll, and I absolutely hated the whole "hall of mirrors" sequence in the second one - it's a personal quirk thing - I *DESPISE* "infinity mirrors" with a deep, abiding, burning, everlasting hatred and loathing that simply cannot be adequately expressed in mere words - don't ask me to explain why - I can't, even to myself) while the third was at least interesting, but I didn't care overmuch for it - The whole "visit the elder" sequence was a tad too far into the la-la-land of pure mystical fantasy BS for my taste, and to be perfectly blunt, that thing calling itself an adjudicator really rubbed me HARD the wrong way. Too bad it wasn't killed off as it should have been in a story universe with anything that even sort of resembles justice. Between those two factors, I was very nearly put off the idea of even bothering to watch #4 after seeing that they'd pander to the alphabet-soup squadron that way. 4 was good, but the death of Charon pissed me off - it was an uncalled for act of petty cruelty that hadn't manifested in the previous ones (though I do understand the need to find a way to write him out after his IRL death, partway through the filming, if I'm not mistaken), and of course, the last few minutes really sucked hard - About like the end of Ol' Yeller. Idunno about anybody else, but I was hoping HARD for something that at least smelled a little bit like a "happy ending" for John, rather than what we actually got.

Back