What was your first horror/scary/creepy experience and how old were you when it happened?

Pretty straightforward question, what was your first horror type experience and how old were you when you had the experience?, For me I was I think around....7 or 8 years old, I was playing Half-Life 2 for the first time, and well,....I got to Ravenholm..... anyone who even has slightly heard of HL2 would know about that hellhole, The very second I entered, heard the iconic theme, saw the hanging pants, I knew I was in for something I haven't seen before....and then later came the fast headcrabs and fast zombies, poison headcrabs and poison zombies, needless to say, after I finally managed to get out of that terrifying town, it took me a good 3 or 4 years to get up the courage to go back, as well as to use the fast and poison headcrabs/zombies in Gmod. I don't know what it is about the poison headcrabs, but they just send chills down my spine.

I think for me it was rose red when i was like 6 or 7 followed quickly by flashback (2000) there was so much blood o_O I used to love scaring myself :giggle:

The movie Eight Legged Freaks was one of the earliest "hell nah" experiences in my life.

Ah, funny thing is, I picked a hellofa series to start gaming with....now the only thing scary about it is the idea that it may never be officially concluded....as well as Thehorror.wav and the trans6...which supposedly is a slowed down distorted sound of a female cosmonaut burning up in a space shuttle...yeah.

When i was 10 year old, i saw John Carpenter "The Thing" movie... after that I slept with the lights on for a week or more.

First horror move was when I was 5 the movie was Steven kings IT still hate clowns because of that dam movie

The original "Rodan" was kinda skeery, though by the end O felt sorry for the damned thing...
I was prolly six

When i saw the movie Carrie. At the end , when you tought it was over, suddenly "it happened"( no spoiler haha). Scared the …. out of me.

The Stand by Stephen King when I was 9. Those glowing red eyes haunted me all weekend. They still do. That being said, I love horror movies. Just watched Event Horizon. The first time I watched that I was in my dorm at 17 alone on a weekend with all the lights off... yep...

I was about 12 walking home just getting dark, i cut through the church yard and saw a ghost! Didnt hang around and i took off like a cannon ball!
Told my dad and he didnt believe me so he took me back (kicking and screaming)
Only to find it was a white rubbish sack caught on a bush?

The Exorcist. I must’ve been about 9 or 10 when I watched it. As a kid I watched countless horror and slasher films because my dad was a huge fan of them. All I remember (getting chills thinking about it) was being under a blanket with my face half covered. I looked to the side after a while and noticed my dad wasn’t in the room anymore. I was too scared to get up so I just laid in bed watching the rest of the movie. To this day I’m afraid of that chick who plays the demonic possessed girl.

Back