What is your political affiliation? (US politics)

What is your political affiliation? (US politics)

• Republican

Votes: 381 25.1%
  • Democrat

Votes: 562 37.0%
  • Independent Voter

Votes: 430 28.3%
  • Non-voter / Objector

Votes: 146 9.6%

• Total voters
Sounds like starship troopers.

Service gaurentees citizenship!
I wonder if that has anything to do with Heinlein writing Starship Troopers?

BTW, the movie sucks in almost every bad way. Read the book. Or try Predestination, the only one of his stories that the Hollywood mentality didn't ruin. It's about a guy that's his his own father and mother.

Lest you think he's too much of crank, he predicted the fall of the USSR more than twenty years before it happened.

I wonder if that has anything to do with Heinlein writing Starship Troopers?

BTW, the movie sucks in almost every bad way. Read the book. Or try Predestination, the only one of his stories that the Hollywood mentality didn't ruin. It's about a guy that's his his own father and mother.

Lest you think he's too much of crank, he predicted the fall of the USSR more than twenty years before it happened.
Yeah the movie isnt anything like the book. I thought the movie was pretty good. Something about the unabashed violence juxaposed with the sillyness of the plot.

I generally vote Democrat, but last election I voted Green Party because both candidates equally sucked! Politically I'm FAR left while socially I'm liberal but leaning more towards centrist.

I'm happy to see so many independents. I don't care about sides so much as show me someone who actually gives a fuck about the people, The planet and political stability with foreign nations, not just how much money they can make off of the citizens and back door deals.

There are far too many morons in this world, and my country in particular, who will end an otherwise good friendship simply because it is found you're on different sides, politically. Too many people lack what it takes to continue that friendship. That's why I don't want established online (and offline) friends to reveal their politics and ask me to reveal mine. I want my fiends to be a blank slate, politically.
It's not a topic of conversation.

Sounds like starship troopers.

Service gaurentees citizenship!
Because the concept is lifted directly from *THE BOOK* Starship Troopers, which was indeed written by RAH. Keep in mind that the book bears *VERY* little resemblance to the movie beyond providing the title. The movie was, when considered purely as a fun little action flick, great. When stacked up against the book, the movie was comparable to standing next to your beloved mother's grave and pissing on her face as they lower the coffin.

I have no interest in politics. As long as my country doesn't descend into anarchy, it doesn't really concern me.

I said more in the other general thread but I'ma center-right(or classical) radical-centrist/populist/minarchist. My stances are not by any means popular so I mostly just vote for whoever is going to mess things up less like all centrists. I also don't take either of the two major parties seriously and suspect they are in cahoots.

I'd object if such a thing was possible. Don't want anything to do with that hot mess known as politics bit I'm affected by it either way. Therefore I pick whoever is screwing us less. It's really hard to tell though, even with the bipartisan nature of us politics, who exactly that is. It seems like no matter who you vote for the still want to ram it up yours as far as they can. (Legalize it... eh, legalize 'em all! Keep people out of prison!)

There are far too many morons in this world, and my country in particular, who will end an otherwise good friendship simply because it is found you're on different sides, politically. Too many people lack what it takes to continue that friendship. That's why I don't want established online (and offline) friends to reveal their politics and ask me to reveal mine. I want my fiends to be a blank slate, politically.
It's not a topic of conversation.
Love this approach. Hate having politics destroy good friendships.

Anti-authoritarian lefty who supports the 2A here. I don't tow a party line and back candidates who, out of the options, represents the best weighted balance of policy stances.

In my experience people who don't want to ever talk about politics only feel that way because they don't want to get called out for their shitty regressive political beliefs. People are being oppressed and murdered for race, gender, sexual orientation, place of birth, etc and one side is trying hard to keep it that way. Refusing to talk about politics is saying you care more for your own comfortable status quo than you do your friend's health and very existence. Ignoring politics isn't neutral, it is taking a side

In my experience people who don't want to ever talk about politics only feel that way because they don't want to get called out for their shitty regressive political beliefs. People are being oppressed and murdered for race, gender, sexual orientation, place of birth, etc and one side is trying hard to keep it that way. Refusing to talk about politics is saying you care more for your own comfortable status quo than you do your friend's health and very existence. Ignoring politics isn't neutral, it is taking a side
This is where I beg to differ. The political pendulum is mostly to either the left or the right side of the spectrum in the US and both sides are more than willing to fuck you over in order to have their own way. Not to mention, you do not (nor does anyone else) have the ability to directly influence any kind of world government whatsoever. You might be able to make a small protest as an individual but that alone will not stop the political machine from chugging along. Without the direct influence of at least hundreds of millions of people behind you, you won't change a thing. And you can't forget, even if you did have that kind of influence, governments will usually resort to war before any kind of change could happen on a massive scale like that.

For the past 3 years the left media has failed to give President Trump any credit for ANYTHING he has accomplished
and the same media gave Obama 'three cheers'.... for ALMOST nothing during his 8 years as president........... really.

And what has he done? Half the shit he takes credit for was done under Obama and the other half is shit that McConnell has been pushing for years (federal judges). Unemployment numbers have been manipulated for decades and are good only because of the 6 years of recovery under Obama from the recession the last republican president put us in. A loaf of bread could have 'accomplished' what trump has done except with less racism along the way

And what has he done? Half the shit he takes credit for was done under Obama and the other half is shit that McConnell has been pushing for years (federal judges). Unemployment numbers have been manipulated for decades and are good only because of the 6 years of recovery under Obama from the recession the last republican president put us in. A loaf of bread could have 'accomplished' what trump has done except with less racism along the way
"Recovery under Obama"? You mean "the new normal"?

"Recovery under Obama"? You mean "the new normal"?
well yeah, but that was mainly about how statistics that trump likes to take credit for were largely achieved during obama's terms and there was no special effort or skill provided by trump to reach them. As I said, a loaf of bread could have been president and we'd largely see the same economy as we have now

Back