Votes: 148 6.3%
  • Asian/Pacific American

Votes: 113 4.8%
  • Middle Eastern/North African

Votes: 35 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 131 5.6%

• Total voters
I am classed as white, but more a light brown, There people with my skin tone who say they're Black, sometimes it doesn't make sense and I wish Colour of some ones skin was irrelevant But I do understand the meaning of the poll.

There was an ethnicity poll just like this on Beast Forum, and the results on that Beast Forum poll were generally the same as the results of this poll. In other words, on the Beast Forum poll (which had hundreds of votes), about 80% to 90% of people were white.

One thing that both this poll and the Beast Forum poll have in common was a very low number of Asians.

So the question is, why are most zoos white? (I.e. about 80% white). Or, could it be that most zoos who go to online zoo forums are white, while the worldwide number of zoos (including those who don't go online) might be more diverse? Might there be large non-white, non-English-speaking portions of the worldwide population that are zoo but never go to zoo forums? Or maybe the worldwide zoo population really is 80% white.

One possibility: several major English-speaking countries like the U.S. and Australia are mostly white, so maybe that's why people on zoo forums are also mostly white. There is very little activity in the Mexico personals section of Zooville, so it seems there aren't many zoos from Mexico on Zooville.
Maybe in terms of Mexico religion has a lot to do with it. In Mexico the primary religion is Catholic which adheres to the Old Testament more so than Protestants or atheists. In other third world countries that are not Catholic I’d expect more internet related. In Muslim countries, well we both know why!

White, ( mostly of Welsh and Itallian descent) but I heard my great grandmother had a large chunk of Lakota Sioux anncestry but I never got to meet her or confirm that, so I just stick to saying I'm white :p ( btw has anyone on here took a dna/ancestry test? what was the process like? did you get any surprises etc...)

Last edited:
Was genuinely curious to see how many Hispanic people there would be and I'm kinda honestly surprised there's so much more than just me.

In SA, I am classified racially as coloured (basically mixed race). Which does make sense because my family like most are a melting pot of different ethnicities.

I'm still amazed it being used as a marker these days.

Because who is really who in the zoo?

Back