What are you thankful for?

No matter how bad things can be, that change is the universal constant. As long as you're alive, there are options.

No matter how bad things can be, that change is the universal constant. As long as you're alive, there are options.
Are there really options when the results are the same but achieved in different ways?

Are there really options when the results are the same but achieved in different ways?
The only outcome limits are those placed on yourself.
I have even defeated prosecutors thinking they had a "Slam Dunk" against me by just standing before the judge, confidently knowing I already won.
They made their own case literally fall apart.
*edit*
There is no trick. There is no power over anyone or anything except yourself and your actions. When you have truly accepted this, your ability to succeed increases immensely.

The only outcome limits are those placed on yourself.
I have even defeated prosecutors thinking they had a "Slam Dunk" against me by just standing before the judge, confidently knowing I already won.
They made their own case literally fall apart.
*edit*
There is no trick. There is no power over anyone or anything except yourself and your actions. When you have truly accepted this, your ability to succeed increases immensely.
So if someone threatened violence against you if you didn't do what they wanted, was that a situation you made yourself?

So if someone threatened violence against you if you didn't do what they wanted, was that a situation you made yourself?
Honestly, everytime such has happened, even when I had a .41 magnum shoved in my face, it was because I was doing something I should not have. So in true justice, I acquiesed. I was either let go or took their time of confusion (they expected me to fight, I am not a small man in build) to escape or was able to negotiate as in the case with LE.

Those were my bad days.

After going "straight", I hold to the mantra with confidence, "I know I am right. I know this is just. I will not back down from even a GOD!"
Now that with ego = arrogance. Having worked to purge ego, it's a tool and coupled with patience can be flexible enough to "Game the system at its own rules".

Example, I was held up whilst working at a ptrol station. I knew my clientelle and whom showed up and when. So I kept the thief talking and went as slow as I could to not annoy him (I mentioned I was being slow and deliberate to not alarm him) until my bar-crowd rush came in. Surrounded by customers drunk enough to not care who was holding what, not only was the robbery avoided, one of the customers recognized him and outed the thief :ROFLMAO:

Moral of my story - know yourself, then make your own rule book and stop playing pawn to other's rule books.

Honestly, everytime such has happened, even when I had a .41 magnum shoved in my face, it was because I was doing something I should not have. So in true justice, I acquiesed. I was either let go or took their time of confusion (they expected me to fight, I am not a small man in build) to escape or was able to negotiate as in the case with LE.

Those were my bad days.

After going "straight", I hold to the mantra with confidence, "I know I am right. I know this is just. I will not back down from even a GOD!"
Now that with ego = arrogance. Having worked to purge ego, it's a tool and coupled with patience can be flexible enough to "Game the system at its own rules".

Example, I was held up whilst working at a ptrol station. I knew my clientelle and whom showed up and when. So I kept the thief talking and went as slow as I could to not annoy him (I mentioned I was being slow and deliberate to not alarm him) until my bar-crowd rush came in. Surrounded by customers drunk enough to not care who was holding what, not only was the robbery avoided, one of the customers recognized him and outed the thief :ROFLMAO:

Moral of my story - know yourself, then make your own rule book and stop playing pawn to other's rule books.
What does knowing yourself have to do with anything?

Uhm, how could you possibly ask in a thread on thankfulness the value of knowng yourself? Without knowing yourself there is no thankfulness.
Now I'm even more lost, please explain this. I fail to see what "knowing yourself" has to do with thankfulness.

Clean water to drink, this cozy house, my friends, family and of course, my puppy girl sleeping beside me every night :gsd_love:

What does knowing yourself have to do with anything?
Knowing yourself means you can have far more gratitude towards things because it removes a major doubt from the equation and you can proceed more confidently with that gratitude.
Example - you are heading for trecherous mountain curves in the road. Would you rather be in a car you know how it handles, or an unfamiliar one?

Knowing yourself means you can have far more gratitude towards things because it removes a major doubt from the equation and you can proceed more confidently with that gratitude.
Example - you are heading for trecherous mountain curves in the road. Would you rather be in a car you know how it handles, or an unfamiliar one?
I don't understand how a car can compare to a person.

I am thankful for the light in my heart <3

I don't understand how a car can compare to a person.
Metaphor. Illustration.
Out of curiosity, do you have aphantasia? Just curious as when I or others have used illustrations or metaphor's, you seem to lose the jist of the conversation. I have a partner with it. Knowing this will help me talk to you better :)

I am thankful for the light in my heart <3

Metaphor. Illustration.
Out of curiosity, do you have aphantasia? Just curious as when I or others have used illustrations or metaphor's, you seem to lose the jist of the conversation. I have a partner with it. Knowing this will help me talk to you better :)
Quite the opposite, I have an incredibly overactive imagination. Maladaptive daydreaming FML. :(

Back