That's it. I need to get a dog.

Theres a big difference between not being able to/wanting to pay $3000 for a dog *and then* the necessary costs (food, care, vet)...vs $75 rehoming fee from CL or FB community posts + necessary costs...i think that difference is about $2925....not to mention breeders collect taxes if theyre legit, and everyone hates paying taxes.

I suggest making sure you get a medical history if there , and have a vet lined up for any puppy illness. Have a vet appointment lined up right after you buy. There is a chance that your new friend contracts parvo, or has worms that the seller didnt know about.

If you can't afford the hundred bucks to adopt a dog how do you think you're going to manage feeding it? heaven forbid it swallows a twist tie and you're stuck with a 3000 dollar surgery bill. Gotta think long term. Not just something fluffy to cuddle up to that's all cute while you're bored.

There’s so many wonderful dogs at shelters that need homes. They’re probably neutered, but worth looking into...just remember dogs r a lot like us, they need socializing, exercise, etc, I don’t mean to sound like a jerk. Just speaking from experience. Its good to read ur looking for genuine companionship:) dogs r the best!
Any recs on how to start looking for a furry friend? I am looking for genuine companionship, not an objectifying and abusive sex machine.

Im at kind of a "that's it I need a dog" moment too. But mostly for the objectifying sex machine part. My brains been winning out over my cock so far but eventually Im gonna have to shell out the 4 grand for the high content wolfdog I want so we can plow some zoo fags & bitches together in my secret sex haven. I mean my bedroom in the suburbs;p

Love this lmao. I need 2 big wolfdogs once I move out too. Then the naked-around-the-house-all-day shall commence lol. Might need 3 tbh to satisfy my hungers though ehe.

Love this lmao. I need 2 big wolfdogs once I move out too. Then the naked-around-the-house-all-day shall commence lol. Might need 3 tbh to satisfy my hungers though ehe.

Broo yes, ikr 2 or 3(or 4) would be ideal for "pack fun". It'd have to be an all male pack though. Id just be fucking and lounging naked with my boys until its time to fuck the next bitch.

Broo yes, ikr 2 or 3(or 4) would be ideal for "pack fun". It'd have to be an all male pack though. Id just be fucking and lounging naked with my boys until its time to fuck the next bitch.
Yeah same, all male pack is necessary. Pack fun for me though would mean I'm the one naked on all fours ahaha.

Any recs on how to start looking for a furry friend? I am looking for genuine companionship, not an objectifying and abusive sex machine.
I'd say it depends on how much you're willing to spend. A lot of people are selling dogs for waaay more than they should.

Hi, just read everyone's replies. Alot to take in . I'm going to post my opinions. Having just got a new pup. I've had many over the years, and horses, misc. Livestock. Haven't had a pup in many years mostly older ones I adopted for various reasons. I kinda forgot the chewing thing lol. As for the money issue. I would make sure I could cover any shots needed ( that can be pricey mine has gotten to almost 900. ) and monthly heartworm and flea. So if money's tight your better with a slightly older dawg , that has already had shots, also easier if house trained. But be careful of someone else's problems. Check with landlord if renting before you bring home a new kid. Other than that as long as you feel you can afford food, and have time . I wouldn't get super stressed over emergency bills , they do happen lol try having horses jeez. But most vets will take payments, maybe talk to a few in your area. I talked with several before my pup came home before I picked one .

Back