Taking the first step

sham414

Lurker
Hi fellow community members,
I realised that I am a zoo 10 years ago, however, I have never been able to sexually engage with any dog. Because of my background, I have never been able to keep a pet dog although whenever I see a dog anywhere, I naturally get attracted to him/her.

After joining this community, I have started to believe that I shouldnt be shy anymore and should take the first step. Just wanted to gather your thoughts on how can I start on this? Shall I adopt a pet? or shall I seek help from a fellow zoo who is willing to help me find a lover? For the context I am based in Europe.

Thanks!! Shall I adopt both male and female dogs? I generally love both and get attracted to both sexually, however I am hetrosexual.

Adopt a dog or a number of dogs that you can realistically take care of.

@sham414, you said that you have never been able to keep a dog of your own because of your background. Has that background changed so that you can now give a dog a good life? If it hasn't, then it would not be a advisable to adopt a dog yet. See whether you can change your life first so that there is room and time for a dog.

If you don't have experience with dog keeping, then starting with a single dog is most likely better than getting multiple ones on the spot. I know someone who took two dogs (who had been friends in the shelter already) at once and managed that quite well, but it is surely a bigger challenge. He spend weeks with them before he took them home, taking walks with them from the shelter so he could learn a few basics before making that decision.

But first of all, be sure first that you really want to share your life with a dog. Don't get a dog just because you desire the sex. You will be stuck with 99% dog business that isn't related to sex for a decade or more.

Back