Spayed female sex information gathering

Spaying or neutering affects the hormones that control sexual response. Occasionally, a previous-to-surgery behavior will continue afterward but its not common. Pure luck, I suppose. Often adopting a new puppy can lead where you want to go, and there are possibilities outside of shelters. Remember, any unwanted pup can be considered a rescue, and often, in farm country particularly, there are puppies available. Try the local physical bulletin boards

Do not adopt a neutered dog. The situation is different if the family dog is neuter, or if you find a stray dog that you take in, you like and it is neutered, this cannot be changed.
But if you buy yourself a new dog, make sure to buy a intact one.

If you adopt a dog and it has been sprayed or neutered is it safe to breed them? Will a male still be able to become hard and penetrate and can a female be penetrated? Will they enjoy it or be interested?

It depends on a whole lot of variables; review the entire thread for details. It's best to assume no; you might get lucky or you might not, but if you base getting a dog on the assumption that sex isn't possible it doesnt' change anything if that ends up being the case. It's important to note that even with an intact dog there's no guarantee they will be interested.

I have a female fixed dane, she is no where near capable of having sex. She does love rubbings though. Spaying removes too much. Which is why from now on, they will get ovary sparing spays it is surprising how many vets actually do that surgery now. And vasectomies too.
Not sure if I would ever try but this is good to know. I had been wondering.

Something I haven’t seen asked or answered yet…

Do bitches have a hymen like human females do? Would a vet be able to tell if she’s previously had sex or been played with prior to being spayed?

Do bitches have a hymen like human females do? Would a vet be able to tell if she’s previously had sex or been played with prior to being spayed?

They do have a hymen, but as dogs are ways more active / movement-related with their lower core and body musculature, it's through adaptive evolution not something which easily tends to "tear" - it merely widens in most cases. Else it would tear by plain playful or all-day activities. And it doesn't have to cover a majority amount of the internal diameter on it's position.

And no, a veterinary does not check a female dog's hymen. 🤷‍♂️ Why would he/she? Even if it was widened: there's no law against owners allowing a dog to copulate with another dog, as example.

That's just no topic any veterinary I ever knew would even think once about, let alone twice.

I've never tried to fuck my dog but I really want to, sadly she is fixed and don't want to hurt her bc I've seen some people say not to on here... Any suggestions on how we can play?

The information on the early menopause caused by full spaying is building to a great level. My local Vet had not heard of OSS until I asked for it, as the other local clinic that does do it had a 6 month wait on elective surgery. He went and read up on it and did a great job on the execution.

My previous Dane X was about 70-80lbs and was desexed after her second heat. We enjoyed nearly every day sex for 10 years. At age 10 she developed cruciate ligament issues related to spaying. At age 11 she developed incontinence issues related to spaying. Both immediately recognised by the Vet who did the full spay but at the time he did not articulate the future problems. 11 Years is a pretty good age for a great dane cross.

In a quick traditional spay they use as small a key hole for the surgery as they can. This removes both ovaries and most of the uterus but leaves the cervix in place. One because it is a natural barrier to infection and two the access they need to cut the cervix out requires too big of a key hole.

That means that any female desexed after her second heat and is fully developed should have no issues with sex with the averaged size man. Prior to second heat may lead to restrictions in size internally but I can't be sure.

Any bitch that has had pups and then been desexed should be fine.

With the OSS the older method was to leave one ovary as the driver of natural hormones but trim the uterus as short as possible and leave the cervix. This meant the girl would come into heat and be receptive to sex her entire life. But it left the possibility of Stump Pyometra which could be life threatening. She could have sex with any dog or person that would naturally fit as the cervix is intact.

With the newest OSS they leave both Ovaries and remove all of the uterus and the cervix. In most spaying procedures the length of the vagina is not modified as there is no reason too. In the new OSS the removal of all Uterus tissue means that the cervix is removed and the vagina shortened. Now knowing this was part of the new version of the procedure meant that I did not have to worry about stump pyometra but her vagina was going to be shortened. I asked the Vet what would happen if she was bred by a big dog while in season, he agreed that it is best to take the minimum amount of vagina and stitch it closed there just in case she was mounted and might be injured by a big dog. So according to the Vet if she was to meet a big dane boy while on heat they could mate with no consequences.

So given that a Dane might have a dick 12" long and I have seen smaller bitches with 10"-12" dildos, I am assured I am not going to hit bottom in my Dane X girl who weighs in at 130lbs.

So yes sex with spayed female dogs is fine as long as you ask first and be aware of her comfort.

Now that OSS is becoming the best way to spay you just want to ask before surgery to make sure they don't shorten the vagina too much as being in heat will attract randy males that will breed her and you want her to be safe.

Full desexing prior to first heat will leave the female incapable of sex as her organs never developed.

You see so many people on here thinking that all desexing is the same when in reality it is not. The new OSS avoids most of the dramas of desexing early and most of the issues of an ageing bitch.
I guess this rules out a bitch i know of. Fixed way before first heat i believe. :( thanks for the info!

I would like to hear from folks who had the OSS done, and if sexlife was affected afterwards? Of course assuming the surgeon is instructed to leave the vagina intact in case of a copulation.

The information on the early menopause caused by full spaying is building to a great level. My local Vet had not heard of OSS until I asked for it, as the other local clinic that does do it had a 6 month wait on elective surgery. He went and read up on it and did a great job on the execution.

My previous Dane X was about 70-80lbs and was desexed after her second heat. We enjoyed nearly every day sex for 10 years. At age 10 she developed cruciate ligament issues related to spaying. At age 11 she developed incontinence issues related to spaying. Both immediately recognised by the Vet who did the full spay but at the time he did not articulate the future problems. 11 Years is a pretty good age for a great dane cross.

In a quick traditional spay they use as small a key hole for the surgery as they can. This removes both ovaries and most of the uterus but leaves the cervix in place. One because it is a natural barrier to infection and two the access they need to cut the cervix out requires too big of a key hole.

That means that any female desexed after her second heat and is fully developed should have no issues with sex with the averaged size man. Prior to second heat may lead to restrictions in size internally but I can't be sure.

Any bitch that has had pups and then been desexed should be fine.

With the OSS the older method was to leave one ovary as the driver of natural hormones but trim the uterus as short as possible and leave the cervix. This meant the girl would come into heat and be receptive to sex her entire life. But it left the possibility of Stump Pyometra which could be life threatening. She could have sex with any dog or person that would naturally fit as the cervix is intact.

With the newest OSS they leave both Ovaries and remove all of the uterus and the cervix. In most spaying procedures the length of the vagina is not modified as there is no reason too. In the new OSS the removal of all Uterus tissue means that the cervix is removed and the vagina shortened. Now knowing this was part of the new version of the procedure meant that I did not have to worry about stump pyometra but her vagina was going to be shortened. I asked the Vet what would happen if she was bred by a big dog while in season, he agreed that it is best to take the minimum amount of vagina and stitch it closed there just in case she was mounted and might be injured by a big dog. So according to the Vet if she was to meet a big dane boy while on heat they could mate with no consequences.

So given that a Dane might have a dick 12" long and I have seen smaller bitches with 10"-12" dildos, I am assured I am not going to hit bottom in my Dane X girl who weighs in at 130lbs.

So yes sex with spayed female dogs is fine as long as you ask first and be aware of her comfort.

Now that OSS is becoming the best way to spay you just want to ask before surgery to make sure they don't shorten the vagina too much as being in heat will attract randy males that will breed her and you want her to be safe.

Full desexing prior to first heat will leave the female incapable of sex as her organs never developed.

You see so many people on here thinking that all desexing is the same when in reality it is not. The new OSS avoids most of the dramas of desexing early and most of the issues of an ageing bitch.
Very informing

i've put in an adopt form for a sheppie last weekend, mostly was looking with the usual companionship things in mind (work had been getting stressful from idiots not doing their jobs, so living alone, i felt i needed a smiling face distraction at home to come home to..), anyways i've found this sheppie online at a not to far away local shelter... she had only been added that day i found her, i saw in her description, she's a 2y.o, however in the shelters words "she is booked in for desexing in the next few weeks", i'm wondering a few things with this, #1 would her bits be fully developed by now?, #2 would it be weird if i asked the shelter, if after i'm accepted for the adoption, if i asked for what kind of desexing they went with for her? kinda like being concerned for her health sort of thing, i assume they woulda went for traditional without a thought of it, so if that is the case that would bring me back to question #1 for the most part.

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a spayed australian shepard that loves to lick my cock. I want to have sex with her but whenever I finger her I feel some sort of tight ring in her vagina not far in and I'm not sure what it is. Does anybody know what I can do?

If I have a bitch that loved to be fucked before getting spayed and then I spayed her, would I still be able to fuck her after spaying?

Most likely! A lot of it is experiential, and most dogs I know of that had positive sexual experiences before continued to enjoy sex after spaying.

Keep in mind that when we do the surgery (assuming you are going for an ovary sparing hysterectomy) we shorten the vaginal canal a bit to suture everything up because of the removal of the cervix—large and extra large dogs should still have plenty of room, but you want to be cautious in anything smaller.

And of course let everything heal!

Back