I have a question

JustAF0x

Tourist
I have read on the page some things about How to take care of your canine partner, specifically regarding creampie, I read something about pyomethria and this is where my doubt comes, is it necessary to sterilize a dog to avoid this disease? or is there any other way to avoid her without having to stop giving her a creampie?I am close to adopting a dog rescued from the street and I would like to give her the best possible treatment but until now I have not seen any way to avoid this disease as such and I did not understand if the solution is to sterilize her🫡🫡

Vet here! Removing the uterus completely eliminates the risk of pyo, which can vary based on breed, and most commonly shows up in older dogs. Depending on the country you live in and the vet availability, ovary sparing hysterectomies, where you remove the uterus and leave at least one ovary to maintain normal hormone physiology, can be an option, as this will still allow your dog to cycle normally.

Feel free to either reply here or DM me if you’d like to discuss details or clarifications, I’m always happy to help.

Last edited:
Vet here! Removing the uterus completely eliminates the risk of pyo, which can vary based on breed, and most commonly shows up in older dogs. Depending on the country you live in and the vet availability, ovary sparing hysterectomies, where you remove the uterus and leave at least one ovary to maintain normal hormone physiology, can be an option, as this will still allow your dog to cycle normally.

Feel free to either reply here or DM me if you’d like to discuss details or clarifications, I’m always happy to help.
You have no idea how much you have helped me, I really appreciate it, especially knowing that it comes from a professional!!!I will soon adopt a puppy so I try to inform myself in all possible ways for her care and full growth with love so I will follow your advice and take her to the vet when the time is right, Thank you very much!!!✨🫂🐾✨🐾✨

Back