Sleeping with dogs

My pets have a choice to sleep where they like. If they want to be on the bed, they are almost always welcome but they must ask first. Sometimes I work from home in my bed and if I have items or whatever sprawled out I don't want paw prints or claw marks on them. I also do not allow their toys or food and it is not a play area. If they want to wrestle, out they go. Usually when it is warm they choose to be in the kitchen where it is much cooler. And when it's a bit too cold they will be upstairs or in the bedroom.

belong? why?
surely, you can name at least one other social animal that purposefully excludes some members outside the pack?
Ughhh. Yes, my dogs sleep outside. Why? Because I own stock and watch dogs, am ranch raised, and this is how I handle my pets and this is where they are most comfortable. How you, or anyone else does is their business.

Surely you, Big Shot and Dog lover could see the tongue in cheek in the reply. If not, then look again.

Oh, and my horses, cats, pigs, and sheep sleep - outside, where they belong!! Doing what they love to do. And, what they were bred to do.

Take a chill pill y'all. Differing opinions and ways of doing things does not mean incorrect. It means, different.

Mine pick and choose. Some nights they snuggle other nights there found on the couch in the morning, curled up in the pillows.

Well, he sleeps anytime and anywhere but - when I'm home - he follows me around religiously. When it comes to sleeping, he's always in the bed at nighttime (mostly because that's where I am). It's always funny how - if I'm NOT in bed at bedtime - how he's torn between being next to me, or in the bed. *silly dog*

My family's dog used to get put in a zip-up bed, but at some point my parents just gave up and let her sleep with them. Our eldest cat started too after we moved house.

Two of our other cats usually enjoyed cuddles in my parents' room when it got late, but wouldn't sleep in there. Before the move they'd usually scratch at my door (well, not both at the same time, the girls weren't huge fans of each other) after it got to be about the time my parents started actually trying to sleep.

After the move, they'd be leaving as the eldest was going in there to sleep.

Sometimes in the middle of the day I'd have naps with the dog.

Whenever I stayed at my paternal grandmother's house before some family drama put a stop to seeing them, her dog would either sleep with my uncle or me.

Even now that I'm living with a friend, one of her cats likes to shout outside the bedroom door to get my attention.

Pet beds, in my experience, have been more like pet sofas (or me sofas since it fulfills the need I sometimes get to just sit on floor)

Sleeps in his own bed by choice. He's only slept with me maybe once or twice and didn't like it.

Well, he sleeps anytime and anywhere but - when I'm home - he follows me around religiously. When it comes to sleeping, he's always in the bed at nighttime (mostly because that's where I am). It's always funny how - if I'm NOT in bed at bedtime - how he's torn between being next to me, or in the bed. *silly dog*
I also have seen that they tend to give puppy eyes and be expectating you to go to bed so they can finally sleep with you, lol

I've slept with my dogs on the bed with me for going on 50 years. I normally have had 2 at once. I'm on dog number 7 now and he's alone as I recently lost the older boy. Anyway, most have slept on the bed, some under the covers, some on top. A couple have preferred the floor. Most have tended to sleep on the floor in hot weather. I'm OK with that. Always on or near the bed, though.

I sleep much better with a dog. My current boy and I sleep back to back, usually with him pressed up against me.

My GS will sleep at my side of the bed on the floor. When I first get into bed he will jump up and cuddle me for about half an hour until I'm asleep or he gets to warm then he hops off. He is extremely cuddly which is odd for a GS. He loves to be held.

It depends really. When I'm home alone he sleeps with me and gives me so much comfort!

When hubbys home he sleeps at the foot of our bed but is never too far away!

Me and Raven been sleeping together for the last 10 years oh, I'm not sure about my puppy I feel awkward with her in the same bed when me and Raven get intimate but she won't sleep anywhere else so me and Raven have stop playing at night and only played during day no, I don't want to corrupt the youth

Does it count also on the road and the floor and sleeping bags and bed rolls?

Back