sex makes my dog sick

ErrWolf

Zooville Settler
For several years my Collie-mix and I had a pretty good sex life. Now he is 12 years old, but still pretty spry and eager. But in the last several months he has developed a "condition." Once he's had his way with me, about 15 or 20 minutes later he gets sick, vomits, sometimes poops to excess too. The poor guy is uncomfortable and lethargic and has no appetite for several hours, until he finally gets over it. I'm always afraid he's going to bloat, but he never has actual specific symptoms of bloat. I'm just very relieved when he gets over it, and I feel guilty for putting him through that. We took a month off, and then recently I tried masturbating him, thinking that would be less physically taxing than doggie-style mounting. It was a good wank; he got good and hard and finished to completion. But 15 or so minutes later he was sick again. He got over it in a few hours, but, so sad.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

It sounds like you are probably having a different issue than me, but I logged on today to look into something similar. So I'll post my issue here as well.

I've been receiving anal from my dog for a while now. It's great for both of us, but he seems to get diarrhea and general gastro-intestinal upset afterward. It's usually only for a day or two, but the link between him fucking me and getting diarrhea seems so direct that I have stopped it altogether.

Note that he is fucking me, not the other way around. I'm thinking this may have to do with MY gastro-intestinal flora affecting him negatively somehow. He of course ingests it while cleaning his penis after fucking me. Any thoughts on this?

For several years my Collie-mix and I had a pretty good sex life. Now he is 12 years old, but still pretty spry and eager. But in the last several months he has developed a "condition." Once he's had his way with me, about 15 or 20 minutes later he gets sick, vomits, sometimes poops to excess too. The poor guy is uncomfortable and lethargic and has no appetite for several hours, until he finally gets over it. I'm always afraid he's going to bloat, but he never has actual specific symptoms of bloat. I'm just very relieved when he gets over it, and I feel guilty for putting him through that. We took a month off, and then recently I tried masturbating him, thinking that would be less physically taxing than doggie-style mounting. It was a good wank; he got good and hard and finished to completion. But 15 or so minutes later he was sick again. He got over it in a few hours, but, so sad.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?
Anxiety

Yes, my dog did receive a lot of veterinary care in the Spring, for a different and rather serious problem that cropped up. He was examined pretty thoroughly, including abdominal ultrasound. But of course there was no way to ask THIS question. After he fully recovered from that other ordeal, we have attempted sex a few more times. It seems that if I let him pull out soon after knotting (oof!), he's more or less OK. It might be a problem of exhaustion somewhere in his diaphragm or pelvic muscles. I myself have a few times had a malfunction in the course of routine masturbation where I get some kind of a cramp in my sphincter-associated muscles and, ugh, let's call it unpleasant for an understatement. But old age is taking its toll on my boy more and more, and he's still eager to mount me, but his hindquarters are weakening where he rarely has the strength to tie me.

You may consider giving him some nice handjobs + blowjobs instead of letting him mount you (even though that's what he likes the best). That way you both will still enjoy each other and he will still enjoy some nice orgasms without risking his health at that age.

As mentioned in my first post nearly a year ago, a hand-job had the same effect, so the problem isn't a matter of gastro-intestinal flora. Now the good news is, in the months since his surgery in the Spring he has gradually gotten somewhat better. I don't understand the mechanism through which the two problems would be related, but maybe they were. And it seemingly remains a matter of physical conditioning and endurance. If I let him pull out soon after knotting (oof!) instead of going all the way to completion, he's more or less OK. Same for hand-jobbing: just go the first few minutes, then let him lick himself down. He pulls his knot REALLY hard against my hand, so clearly some muscles are getting really stressed. It seems possible he can actually maintain his strength better with going maybe every 5 days, instead of longer intervals like 10 days or 2 weeks we had slowed down to (I'm not an oversexed youngster, and also some days my rectum isn't clean enough to suit me).

How bout learning basic Hygiene, and clean his sheath and penis afterwards with non harsh soap. That is more than likely what is causing the disconcerting health conditions. Ingestion of human fecal is a detriment and can actually kill them if not proper hygiene is acted on after anal.

How bout learning basic Hygiene, and clean his sheath and penis afterwards with non harsh soap. That is more than likely what is causing the disconcerting health conditions. Ingestion of human fecal is a detriment and can actually kill them if not proper hygiene is acted on after anal.
OP said that even after handjobs his dog would still feel bad after orgasming. While I do agree that being as clean as possible for your partner is key to a healthy sexual relationship, this doesn't seem the main issue.

As stated before, it can be age related rather than intestinal flora. At least in OP's case

Don't know how old this is but definitely recommend a vet.
Could be an issue with age. Could be a sign of mental health issues. Perhaps Dehydration.
Probably best to check in with a vets for a sooner answer and a sooner solution.
Their health comes first. And it would probably put less stress on you knowing how you could help.

Back