Roommates?

I have been thinking about what it would be like to live with other zoos and was hoping to get some advice from anybody who has done this before? Is it a good idea? Is it safe? What have your experiences been like? I feel like it could potentially be a really amazing situation but also seems very high risk. I maybe be getting a new place soon in Oregon and might have a few rooms to rent out, so I've been considering this as a possibility instead of just random people.
Update? ;)

I thought I would post a quick follow up with my current thoughts on this topic, as I have now had a bit of bit of experience!

So far I’ve been pretty amazed at how many wonderful connections I’ve been able to make, as long as you exercise a lot of caution and vet ppl thoroughly, it seems generally easy to tell what kind of people are genuinely chill and drama free, and what kind of people are sadistic assholes who have ulterior motives. I have met several really cool people through this site, and being able to chat on telegram with those who have accounts there has also been really helpful for me to better get to know people safely.

There are at least a couple people now who I have gotten to know and meet up with (and even have a bit of fun with animals), who I would feel comfortable and confident being roommates with at this point. However, I also feel like my experiences have been unusually fortunate. Maybe it’s just a matter of what kind of positive energy you can bring to the table, and your willingness to make safe and meaningful connections.

My tl;dr is probably: be careful, be kind, try to make friends without expectations, who knows where things may lead ❤️
Message me? 😉🙈

Back