Roommates?

Isotep

Tourist
I have been thinking about what it would be like to live with other zoos and was hoping to get some advice from anybody who has done this before? Is it a good idea? Is it safe? What have your experiences been like? I feel like it could potentially be a really amazing situation but also seems very high risk. I maybe be getting a new place soon in Oregon and might have a few rooms to rent out, so I've been considering this as a possibility instead of just random people.

I live with a zoo roomate. I've met him through mutual friends and we have been great friends for over 5 years. I moved in 3 years ago to his place. It's just like living with any other good friend. We respect each other's privacy, do our parts around the house, I help care for his dogs when he goes on month long work trips. Bonus is I get to mess around with his dogs whenever I want. He gives me full access and I treat and love his dogs as if they are my own. I honestly wouldn't live with another zoo unless it's someone I have known for years

The difference between a Zoo roommate and any other is MAD. (Mutual Assured Destruction) They can't accidentally see something and out you without running an equal risk themselves. The bad news is that they can still leave angry and make an anonymous report from elsewhere.

I would say that the risks are lower than letting an unknown stranger into your life but still far from zero. Choose carefully then triple check. Get all business arrangements in writing in advance.

i would advise against it. i would suggest keeping the risk outside your home first then when trust is built and more trust is built again, then invite them into your home. it's all good until it goes bad then it gets really bad. being outed is no joke. you don't want that type of attention coming your way and depending on local laws, it may worsen really big really fast.

the fantasy is great and awesome because it's a fantasy. in your head, you can control everything. in the real world, not so much.

I have been thinking about what it would be like to live with other zoos and was hoping to get some advice from anybody who has done this before? Is it a good idea? Is it safe? What have your experiences been like? I feel like it could potentially be a really amazing situation but also seems very high risk. I maybe be getting a new place soon in Oregon and might have a few rooms to rent out, so I've been considering this as a possibility instead of just random people.
Dont trust stranger zoos automatically unless 3 conditions.

1. Click really well

2. Positive presence on whatever place they are at.

3. Met them personally and knowing they have no harmful habits that endanger you.

Even then always have a way out as well as a back up plan. Could be blackmail vs blackmail thing. Where its a mutually assured destruction scenario.

Coincidentally I've been considering the same thing and made a recent post about it. None of my online zoo friends have space or know of anyone who does. Everyone's moving back in with family nowdays. So I'm taking the additional risk of making connections with zoo strangers on hopes that I can end up with an awesome roomate and a new friend! That's the wish. But the reality does dawn upon me.

I agree with most of what many are saying here. The risk factor is real whether you have animal partners or not. Whether more or less so than a nonzoo roomate, that's debatable. But having animal partners (which I will have) opens the door to a few potential risks if not mitigated properly on either end whether you're the renter or rentee.

Zoosadists, animal-users and secret pimps: Check out people's posting history on ZV, zoo connections, whatever you can to to vet people proper because people can be excellent liars to get what they desperately want, which in this case is access to your animal partner.

STDs and bacterial infections: If you "share" and you have an intact female be sure the guys are 🛀c-l-e-a-n🧼. Many people seem to think of other species as filthy therefore cleanliness doesn't matter. If that were true pyometra wouldnt be a major cause of death for intact bitches. Also being clean STD-wise is important because animals can still become carriers of human STDs without symptoms if they are exposed, which can then make its way back to you and other people. That's why I'm not usually intimate with dogs who have new human partners often. Unless everyone is tested beforehand it's a lot of risk.

Indescreet and careless zoo activity: This puts everyone at risk unless you know for a fact that the other person is very private and computer security-conscious with all zoo matters. It's already risky living with such a person in the first place but if you do for whatever reason, do not allow such a person to have any form of evidence that they can keep that could inherently dox you such as zoophilic photos and videos of you, any zoo communication, any evidence among your belongings, anything that can be used to incriminate you if your careless roomate causes the police to end up at your doorstep. ☹️

When all the zoo related risks are mitigated then, again whether you're the renter or rentee, you've still got to deal with vetting them in the general sense so you know you're not getting a shitty roomate. I've had my unfair share of those so I know what I'm talking about. Inconsiderate people who act like they're the only ones living there, theives, rent moochers, people with violence issues or other problematic behavioral issues, and the list goes on.

Whew! 😓 lol Still want a zoo roomate? I do. 😆🙃

That's a cool idea.

I'm in Oregon as well. Have been thinking about the same thing. It would be awesome to find some zoo roommates. Yet to find anyone you can totally trust is hard. I'd definitely be interested in chatting. Let's get to know each other and see what happens from there. What do you think? Feel free to contact me anytime. That gos for anyone else in Oregon as well

I'm in Oregon as well. Have been thinking about the same thing. It would be awesome to find some zoo roommates. Yet to find anyone you can totally trust is hard. I'd definitely be interested in chatting. Let's get to know each other and see what happens from there. What do you think? Feel free to contact me anytime. That gos for anyone else in Oregon as well
I'm also in Oregon (Eugene/Springfield area) and would love to be roommates with like-minded people in a few months!

We occasionally need new roommates.
Live in the capital of Oregon
Me plus 3 guys 1 girl.
Are you female?

Coincidentally I've been considering the same thing and made a recent post about it. None of my online zoo friends have space or know of anyone who does. Everyone's moving back in with family nowdays. So I'm taking the additional risk of making connections with zoo strangers on hopes that I can end up with an awesome roomate and a new friend! That's the wish. But the reality does dawn upon me.

I agree with most of what many are saying here. The risk factor is real whether you have animal partners or not. Whether more or less so than a nonzoo roomate, that's debatable. But having animal partners (which I will have) opens the door to a few potential risks if not mitigated properly on either end whether you're the renter or rentee.

Zoosadists, animal-users and secret pimps: Check out people's posting history on ZV, zoo connections, whatever you can to to vet people proper because people can be excellent liars to get what they desperately want, which in this case is access to your animal partner.

STDs and bacterial infections: If you "share" and you have an intact female be sure the guys are 🛀c-l-e-a-n🧼. Many people seem to think of other species as filthy therefore cleanliness doesn't matter. If that were true pyometra wouldnt be a major cause of death for intact bitches. Also being clean STD-wise is important because animals can still become carriers of human STDs without symptoms if they are exposed, which can then make its way back to you and other people. That's why I'm not usually intimate with dogs who have new human partners often. Unless everyone is tested beforehand it's a lot of risk.

Indescreet and careless zoo activity: This puts everyone at risk unless you know for a fact that the other person is very private and computer security-conscious with all zoo matters. It's already risky living with such a person in the first place but if you do for whatever reason, do not allow such a person to have any form of evidence that they can keep that could inherently dox you such as zoophilic photos and videos of you, any zoo communication, any evidence among your belongings, anything that can be used to incriminate you if your careless roomate causes the police to end up at your doorstep. ☹️

When all the zoo related risks are mitigated then, again whether you're the renter or rentee, you've still got to deal with vetting them in the general sense so you know you're not getting a shitty roomate. I've had my unfair share of those so I know what I'm talking about. Inconsiderate people who act like they're the only ones living there, theives, rent moochers, people with violence issues or other problematic behavioral issues, and the list goes on.

Been looking for over a decade now and I could´t said it better. Sure getting annoying taking care of this big property alone but I aint desperate enough to just pick just anyone.

I have very much considered this.
I own my own home and would very much meet up with and get to know anyone intrested in doing this if they already lived in my area.
Low mid Riverina nsw area Australia

I would TOTALLY advise against it. Unfortunately most of the Zoos Ive met in the past has some sort of social disorder that doesn't manifest until you spend enough time with them. Also, as one person mentioned above, they leave angry. You don't know. a person until you have a disagreement with them. It's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Ideally, this would be a pretty cool idea. In a perfect world I would probably be interested in a concept like this as well, but the reality is there’s too much room for mishap. I’m not saying it can’t happen, but would the risk be worth it? I don’t think so.

You summarized it pretty well here. Searching for zoo roommates come with dangerous risks, but for those who yearn for a connection, it’s something they’re willing to explore. Though, I do wonder how many success stories come from this.

Fuck yeah I need b e a s t buddies and b e a s t gal friends. This is as community for friendship everyone message the person last in your inbox.

It can probably be difficult as you do not exactly want to hand out your partners.

I'm strt and have a pet gf @Crystyle112, have a ex pet gf ( still friends) and for 5 years between the two females a likeminded pet male roommate who was strt that recently passed from cancer.
We all felt more comfortable knowing each other was pet so it was never a issue.
Everyone has some kind of trama/drama issues, likes and dislikes, habits and quirks. Spend a lot of time together before moving in together.
I feel the most important item is to get to know the person VERY well before becoming roommates and talk about expectations of the extent of the relationship. AS for getting outed or black mailed it would be life changing. I don't believe they offer immunity of prosecution in this type situation and you'd have just as much a case against them. It would be stupid to admit to self incriminating activity, but there are some very stupid ppl out there that might try, threaten or think it would be a vengeful way of getting back at a person. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would post a quick follow up with my current thoughts on this topic, as I have now had a bit of bit of experience!

So far I’ve been pretty amazed at how many wonderful connections I’ve been able to make, as long as you exercise a lot of caution and vet ppl thoroughly, it seems generally easy to tell what kind of people are genuinely chill and drama free, and what kind of people are sadistic assholes who have ulterior motives. I have met several really cool people through this site, and being able to chat on telegram with those who have accounts there has also been really helpful for me to better get to know people safely.

There are at least a couple people now who I have gotten to know and meet up with (and even have a bit of fun with animals), who I would feel comfortable and confident being roommates with at this point. However, I also feel like my experiences have been unusually fortunate. Maybe it’s just a matter of what kind of positive energy you can bring to the table, and your willingness to make safe and meaningful connections.

My tl;dr is probably: be careful, be kind, try to make friends without expectations, who knows where things may lead ❤️

Back