Randomly Open Discussion

He needs a robe to cut your grass? I understand Booties, I think....but a Robe?
You should speak sternly to your HOA...
I think I would rather enjoy a prince or even a king mowing and strimming our gardens, out here in our little castle! Apparently, all of our machines (?) are two-stroke petrol engines, according to herself. She even has a giant thing like a ground-drill for digging holes - an auger, I am told!

Thee days, even racing gas(110) might have ethanol added.

You can always "wash" your gas to get rid of the ethanol - Eth is (quite easily) water soluble. Get a suitable container, fill to about 2/3 volume with gas, top up with clean water, (some recommend distilled water, but it's not really required) cap and shake well, let settle, decant the water layer that will settle out, repeat until you're happy. You end up with "clean" gas with little or no ethanol left in it. Depending on the blend, might take 3-4 washes to get it to the point you prefer, but other than that detail, easy-peasy...
It's very unlikely that 110-118 octane race gas will have any ethanol, although it will have other oxygenators. Almost all race gas past around 105 octane will have lead in it, however.

"Washing" your gas is an interesting idea though. I've always stored my carbureted cars and equipment with a gallon or two of race gas in the tank and I'll run them on race gas until I can smell it to ensure that the float bowl and fuel lines are purged. I use "old" race gas for this because while I'm not going to put questionable fuel in a 900hp race engine, it's still more than ok for cars, dirt bikes, generators, etc. In my experience, fuels like C12 and LM+ are so crazy stable that it makes the perfect fuel for long term storage

Back