Questions about shy female dog.

Karple

Lurker
Hi, this is the first time i ask something like this, and overall my first time posting anything in this forum.
I have a female dog called Luna (moon in Spanish), a Dogo Argentino Pit Bull , she's been my partner for almost 3 years now, and I've raised her since she was only a few months old.
She's a big dog, standing at 60cm and weighting 37kg, very energetic and loves to run and jump, specially in the rain for some reason.

She's been always very affectionate towards me, even though she likes almost everyone she knows. She likes to jump in my legs, and always wants me specifically to pick her up and touch and scratch her.

That said my question comes from her behaviour relating to sexual activities. She likes to "present" herself, showing me her butt and uncovering her genitals while looking at me.
She does that fairly commonly, specially after playing with her or petting her.

We've tried some things with time, I've shown her my own genitals and she seems fairly interested, sniffing them and occasionally licking them. But when it's time for me to touch her she only allows for slight contact, usually becoming very energetic immediately and calming down after a few seconds. She then proceeds to present herself again.
I can't seem to advance from that state.

My question is: Am i doing something wrong? I am in no way an expert or anything like that, I've just done my research and i am not sure what to do or not do now.
Of course I don't want to force anything, i want her to be comfortable and happy with what we do.

Before anything else, thank you. Karple.

Last edited:
Hi

I had a similar experience once. My X taught me and kind of stepped me through it. If she's presenting herself to you she's probably very interested. Angel would present herself, get very excited, but pull away when anything was touched. Most likely she's looking for a little bit of dominance on your end. That was the issue in my case.

Hi

I had a similar experience once. My X taught me and kind of stepped me through it. If she's presenting herself to you she's probably very interested. Angel would present herself, get very excited, but pull away when anything was touched. Most likely she's looking for a little bit of dominance on your end. That was the issue in my case.
Alright I'll take it into consideration. Thank you very much for your reply.

Hello there ! first time seeing your post here, and i have the vibe that maybe you're argentinian as well? i dunno but whatever, lol.

Maybe she's a little confused about the whole act. You gotta gain her trust into touching all her body without any intentions. She may react a little yeah, but always stop repeating it that much if she keeps doing so.

I had the same issues when i wanted to have my very first time and almost gave up. With the Rottie i've started with, she tended to love having her genitals rubbed and also humped the air herself, but when it was the moment to place behind her and grab her waist she "fought back", not in a defensive but in a playful way. Like if she was just doing that, playing.

I thought she wasn't into it but when i released the grip she turned around, gave me a few licks and then presented back. And i think some female dogs kinda want you to "conquer" them, like in a dominant way but not some aggressive, remember, act like a dog, think like a dog, consider yourself a dog and figure out what a dog would do, but always keep love first, they're giving some time and privacy that they don't allow with anyone that easily.

Any help you could need here i'm right? hope you've succeeded

Back