Positives of being zoo exclusive

Rather have a sure fire girl (or more) who wont let me down rather then following unrealistic expectations and hoping you didnt fail them.

So many people focus on the negatives of being zoo (zoo exclusive specifically) I'm starting this thread so we can list the positives of being zoo. I think this is important because when I was younger I was depressed, and I couldn't see many positives of being zoo. I'll start off with a few positives I have in my own life.

1. No children and more $ to spend on my dogs and my hobbies
2. Don't have to worry about my gf or bf cheating on me
3. Able to connect with and understand dogs on a deeper level than "normal" people

I totally agree!

So many people focus on the negatives of being zoo (zoo exclusive specifically) I'm starting this thread so we can list the positives of being zoo. I think this is important because when I was younger I was depressed, and I couldn't see many positives of being zoo. I'll start off with a few positives I have in my own life.

1. No children and more $ to spend on my dogs and my hobbies
2. Don't have to worry about my gf or bf cheating on me
3. Able to connect with and understand dogs on a deeper level than "normal" people
Being Zoo it’s the most beautiful thing in this world, being Zoo it’s one of those steps away from preconceptions , being zoo it’s being apart from prejudice to; western ideology like marriage and dogma of; bad and good
I love being ZOO 🙏

LOYALTY.
I know this is ranty but I feel strongly about it. I promise I'm going somewhere with this.

I'm a bit astounded and maybe upset that I didn't notice anybody list loyalty. Now this may be a bit 'taboo' to say on this website... but my dog and I are NOT in a sexual relationship. He is however 1,000,000% my hetero life partner, and if we had some ritual or ceremony here in the US to demonstrate my love for him to the world than I would be thrilled to take part in it; anybody who's met us would be none too surprised.

We met each other about 11 years ago in a rural mountain town out west. The lady who initially found him hiding from everyone under her horses stalls (for 10 days allegedly) insisted that he needed a gentle owner, to which my good friend replied that he knew the perfect person, thus introducing them to me. It was obvious to anybody who met him that he'd been abused before, so it quickly became my new mission in life to show this timid creature firsthand that even though it can be a dark cruel world, there is still light and love to be found among friends and family.

We've backpacked circles around this country together over the years, hiking through mountains, camping in woods, exploring new cities, visiting farms and communes (he doesn't chase chickens! what luck!), making evermore friends along the way. He's been lovingly fawned over by many wonderful people in the process, who oftentimes completely ignore me while swooning over him, which is fair cuz honestly he's great. Not to mention all them hot bitches he's had chasing after his fine ass swishy tail all the while. He's also very much been a dog teacher to the younger pups we've lived amongst in different places who didn't have any other positive dog role models to learn from... which may sound a little silly, but I'm serious.

I was at first somewhat concerned that since he seemed to have been abused before, he might not have it in him to protect me if shit goes down. My fears were quickly allayed when we were walking by a grocery store and some inbred redneck with a truck that just screams over-compensating shouted something aggressive at us. I didn't hear what he said and I didn't give a shit, heartless psychopaths are a dime a dozen in this country. My new life partner however was having NONE of it, and I have never before or since heard such a low, demonic, threatening growl escape any dogs jaws, let alone this precious one's. I actually stopped in my tracks and looked at him almost in shock, who then looked up at me, wagging his tail as if to reassure me that he absolutely DOES have my back. In that moment I knew that if he can stand up for me when nobody else will, than I can and will stand up for him. Which brings me back to Loyalty.

Outside of the pre-packaged urban lifestyle our country worships, true loyalty is a rare and sacred treasure that must be justly honored, as it can often mean the difference between life and death when the world turns on you. If my life depended on the loyalty of my human friends and family, I'd be FUCKING DEAD so many times over by now. My own mother would rat me out in a heartbeat if it meant winning momentary approval from my father. To other people, I'm just another nobody among billions, essentially expendable, not much to gain from.

To my dog though? I am the rock that stands firm and shields him from ruthless icy river currents, I am the tall tree that grants solace from the pounding storm, the oasis to his desert. I am the family that he was taken from as a puppy, I am the love his previous owners did not provide. I help him to make sense of an unnaturally synthetic world filled with lethal cars and toxic chemicals, I provide sanctuary from city officials who would have him kidnapped and put to death for the grave crime of existing within their city limits. I dutifully tend to his needs where others would only tend to their own, and he recognizes that. He wears no collar, I do not 'own' him, he is my partner and we stick together through sheer virtue of love.

My dog follows me with a loyalty unparalleled by any surviving myth or legend in human history, and I do my best to honor that loyalty by reciprocating it in turn. If this was ancient Sparta he'd be steadfast by my side facing overwhelming odds against the Persians with me, and after that we'd still be together dining in hell. If this was the Matrix and the Red pill meant I had to leave him behind, I'd take the Blue pill, sorry Morpheus eat a dick. When we were homeless, I made sure he was fed before I was. If somebody invited me into their home, but insisted he had to stay outside, then I insisted on staying outside with him. (usually that would make them cave and they'd let him inside too, but if not then I totally sleep outside WITH my dog)

When you people enter into a relationship with your dog, SEXUAL OR OTHERWISE, don't dismiss what they bring to the table just because it may not be of particular use to you now. Don't let all the dollar signs in life blind you to true value. Your animal is so much more than just a pet, or a lover. They are your fellow soldier in the trenches shielding you from flying shrapnel with their own body. They are heaven sent angels bearing your grief with you in your most tragic moments, struggling to help you carry on the best they can. They are natural hunters willing and able to commit necessary evil in order to keep you and the pack fed. They are sentinels, traversing the midnight shadows and confronting creatures of darkness to protect the family. They are your most trusted confidant, ready and willing to take your worst secrets with them to the great beyond. They champion you, and in doing so they give you the chance to actually BE a champion, their champion. To make a real difference in the life of but a single creature is to make a difference in the entirety of the world.

Be worthy of your dogs loyalty, and your dogs loyalty will be worthy of you. I don't give a rats ass if you have a Pitbull or a Chihuahua or whatever breed, I've seen for myself that if you raise them with more conscious effort and empathy than our nation raised us with, your animal absolutely will sync up with you, and you will see what I have said to be true for yourself.
Sorry for the rant. Also not sorry. I meant all of it.
We Love You!

Loyalty, primal sex, no children, eagerness to spend time together, not overly needy, loving, cuddly, primarily on demand sex, cheaper than the alternative, no concern about cheating (even if you/they mate with others), no concern over pregnancy, consistent love and growing bond.

The only real downsides are peoples curiosity as to why you arent dating anyone, why you havent gotten your dog fixed, limited lifespans, and a lack of mental, emotional, or spiritual stimulation you can only receive from other humans.

Back