Positives of being zoo exclusive

Doggyluv

Zooville Settler
So many people focus on the negatives of being zoo (zoo exclusive specifically) I'm starting this thread so we can list the positives of being zoo. I think this is important because when I was younger I was depressed, and I couldn't see many positives of being zoo. I'll start off with a few positives I have in my own life.

1. No children and more $ to spend on my dogs and my hobbies
2. Don't have to worry about my gf or bf cheating on me
3. Able to connect with and understand dogs on a deeper level than "normal" people

Last edited:
i see mostly negatives, because i feel like it slowly turns me into a negative person (well, i'm kind of a dick by default)... most negatives are in me being able to see how other ppl interact with each other "clearer" than they see that as i don't have any attraction towards them. like my twin brother being clearly used by his "girlfriend" and lets this happen because "boobs" or whatever. when i'm drinking with friends and a girl passes by and one of them goes something like "did you see the boobs/ass on her?" (to be honest, i'd do that too if it wasn't frowned upon to go "did you see the balls on that boy?")

or just the general stuff "normal" ppl get and i don't (and won't get)... a simple conversation with your partner, like "how was your day?" after work or just hearing "i love you" back.. or the kinda unrealistic thought of growing old with your love together. i mean, i'm only 30 and i already burried the love of my life... lots and lots of negatives

i'd be happy to read about the positives others see...

From where I'm at sex is a major taboo unless your married. Even then you dont talk about it. If I got caught there would be hell to pay but my partner can't talk about it to anyone eles so that's a major positive! That and I don't think anyone expects it. Being left at home alone with the dog is normal, being alone with a boy is is almost unheard of.

like my twin brother being clearly used by his "girlfriend" and lets this happen because "boobs" or whatever.

I think that's a positive, a human will never get the chance to "use" me or manipulate me with sex or attraction

or just the general stuff "normal" ppl get and i don't (and won't get)... a simple conversation with your partner, like "how was your day?" after work or just hearing "i love you" back

This used to bother me as well but you gotta remember that people will never experience the love and emotional connection we get with k9's, we may not ever hear "I love you" but we feel it and we know it's real. People can say "I love you" and not really mean it

or the kinda unrealistic thought of growing old with your love together. i mean, i'm only 30 and i already burried the love of my life...

This is the only one I can't rebuttal. I'm 30 as well and my girl just turned 11. I can't imagine life without her. I'm sorry for your loss, feel free to send me a message if you want to talk, that's not something anyone should have to go through alone.

but you gotta remember that people will never experience the love and emotional connection we get with k9's, we may not ever hear "I love you" but we feel it and we know it's real.
that's the thing, i believe there is plenty of non-zoos who experience the love and connection almost the same way we do (minus intimate things of course) since animals (dogs especially) don't "reserve" those just for us zoos... they give it to everyone even if "normals" might not (or not want to) see it. that's how pure they are... and then you see someone treating them like objects (or sex toys on this site)
I'm sorry for your loss, feel free to send me a message if you want to talk, that's not something anyone should have to go through alone.
thanks, but there's no need... him being the love of my life kinda became another thing i can't ever tell anyone who's supposed to be close to me. being able to be open about it at least here helped immensely in the first months of him passing. and everyone entering my life after him being compared to him (even if subconsciously) is a thing i gotta deal with myself

I think that's a positive, a human will never get the chance to "use" me or manipulate me with sex or attraction

This used to bother me as well but you gotta remember that people will never experience the love and emotional connection we get with k9's, we may not ever hear "I love you" but we feel it and we know it's real. People can say "I love you" and not really mean it

This is the only one I can't rebuttal. I'm 30 as well and my girl just turned 11. I can't imagine life without her. I'm sorry for your loss, feel free to send me a message if you want to talk, that's not something anyone should have to go through alone.
How can you feel someone else's love, be it human or animal?

I'm not exactly zoo exclusive in the since that I'd be open for a relationship with the right woman. But for now I'm only in a sexual lovey-dovey relationship the my dog, and I don't see that changing in the near future. With this relationship comes many positives and negatives.

Positives:
1) A zoo relationship with my canine girl is nothing but unquestionable and unconditional love for one another.
2) I feel a deep primal and emotional bond with my canine. When I've went through sad and depressing moments, I've used her as a shoulder to cry on. She knew something was off and felt the need to be around me and comfort me. She let me use her as a big pillow to place my head upon and cry when my emotions got the best of me. Normally, I'm a happy and joyous person, but sometimes life likes to kick your rear end. She's there for me, and I her.
3) All the sex we want and no condoms nor birth control needs. I'm free to plant my seed as deep as I can with no chance of pregnancy.
4) Just knowing that we make each other happy emotionally and also sexually. Knowing that she's sexually satisfied and that sex makes her feel wonderful. She's always super duper happy during and after sex, as am I. The consensual dynamic is a wonderful one for sure.

Negatives:
1) The most obvious one... She's only going to be around for maybe 8-13 years. 13 if I'm damn lucky. Usually, 10 years is expected from her breed. I know this is going to absolutely devastate me when she passes. I will be thrown into a deep depression which may take years to overcome. I know it's going to change my personality, and not necessarily for the better.
2) I cannot have a deep intellectual conversation with her. I cannot express how I feel through words. Only body language.
3) I have to keep this love a secret due to the ignorance of the general public. I know that I love my girl, and any sex we have is mutual pleasure. But the general society would call me nothing more than an animal rapist without a second thought. I have to live in fear for my and her safety. For the safety of both my doggy girls. (although, I'm only really sexually active with my newfie.)
4) Having family constantly question you if you've "found a girlfriend yet." Yeah... I've found one alright, but I cannot tell them about it.

How else is a human supposed to understand your day?
The right one doesn't have to try and understand they just do and dogs just naturally understand body language and tone of voice they don't need a reason for why youre upset they just want to make you happy

The right one doesn't have to try and understand they just do and dogs just naturally understand body language and tone of voice they don't need a reason for why youre upset they just want to make you happy
What about people who are unintentionally bad at understanding? (An example being autistic people.)

Back