Pineapple on Pizza? Yes or No?

Do you think pineapple belongs on pizza?

• Total voters
No Ham? No prosciutto? No pepperoni? No mushrooms? No sausage? No salami? Bleah... Why not just make a grilled-cheese sandwich and pour ketchup over it?
Yeah, you can do that, but I was talking of a classical Margherita ;)
Anyway... I don't like to put too much stuff on my pizza, honestly... xD

Yeah, you can do that, but I was talking of a classical Margherita ;)
Idunno - When I want a margarita, I expect there to be some tequila, lime, triple sec, perhaps some other "additives", and a nice coarse layer of salt on the rim...

When I want a pizza, I want the "base" you're talking about, with some meat-n-mushrooms, and depending on my mood, some pineapple on it.

Guess I'm weird that way...

Margherita, not margarita. It's the archetype of all other pizzas (Obviously, some pizza have italian names).
If you like spicy salami you should order a Diavola, for example...
Or If you like a lot of stuff on your pizza you'll go for a Capricciosa or Quattro stagioni...

Idunno - When I want a margarita, I expect there to be some tequila, lime, triple sec, perhaps some other "additives", and a nice coarse layer of salt on the rim...

When I want a pizza, I want the "base" you're talking about, with some meat-n-mushrooms, and depending on my mood, some pineapple on it.

Guess I'm weird that way...
Nah man you’re missing out

I implore you to try a Margherita pizza one day. The simplicity is what makes it so tasty. as long as the ingredients are high quality that’s all that’s needed

Margherita, not margarita. It's the archetype of all other pizzas (Obviously some pizza have italian names).
If you like spicy salami you should order a Diavola, for example...
Or If you like a lot of stuff on your pizza you'll go for a Capricciosa or Quattro stagioni...
You say toe-may-to, I say tuh-mah-toe... :)

And when I want a pizza, I say "Gimme a thick-crust with red sauce, ham, sausage, mushrooms, pineapple, and extra cheese" :)

Nah man you’re missing out

I implore you to try a Margherita pizza one day. The simplicity is what makes it so tasty. as long as the ingredients are high quality that’s all that’s needed
ohoh, we have a connoisseur... :)
You say toe-may-to, I say tuh-mah-toe... :)

And when I want a pizza, I say "Gimme a thick-crust with red sauce, ham, sausage, mushrooms, pineapple, and extra cheese" :)
Nah, I say pomodoro xD
Anyway, As I said before, I'm not judging whatever one likes on his pizza.
But... no pineapple for me, that's blasphemy (for me) :ROFLMAO:

ohoh, we have a connoisseur... :)

Nah, I say pomodoro xD
Anyway, As I said before, I'm not judging whatever one likes on his pizza.
But... no pineapple for me, that's blasphemy (for me) :ROFLMAO:
Lmao you’ll take that back when you realize I’m all about pineapple on pizza.

That being said I’ll take a fire roasted Margherita pizza anyday as well

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, traitor! 😝 (just kidding)
Well... I've never tried that actually. I don't even know if they do that here in Italy :ROFLMAO:
We are pretty skittish on ''exotic'' flavours though, so probably it won't have high success here
Trust this tasteless American: Try it. I think the very best, and probably the most easily appreciated by a rookie, pineapple pizza combination has to be simple red sauce, cheese, ham, pineapple, and another layer of cheese. I prefer a thick, risen crust. YMMV

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, traitor! 😝 (just kidding)
Well... I've never tried that actually. I don't even know if they do that here in Italy :ROFLMAO:
We are pretty skittish on ''exotic'' flavours though, so probably it won't have high success here
I know it’s sacrilegious in Italy to put anything on a pizza that’s remotely western hahaha make sure when you try it to have your curtains closed

I want to make a meal out of my pizza everything I can get on it plus pineapple.
I can cope with that, though I prefer sans onions and any form of nightshade/belladona other than tomato fruits and potato tubers - which rules out all forms of peppers, thank you. (Yes, I've done taters on 'za before. Not "usual", by any measure, but not outside my personal experience. Didn't think it was even half bad. Pretty much just made it more "sticks to yer ribs" grade chow instead of just a "quick snack")

I can cope with that, though I prefer sans onions and any form of nightshade/belladona other than tomato fruits and potato tubers - which rules out all forms of peppers, thank you. (Yes, I've done taters on 'za before. Not "usual", by any measure, but not outside my personal experience. Didn't think it was even half bad. Pretty much just made it more "sticks to yer ribs" grade chow instead of just a "quick snack")
What no bell peppers?

What no bell peppers?
Which part of "all forms of peppers" wasn't clear? :) It's two things, for me: I don't like the flavor and mouth-texture of bell peppers - can't really say why, just don't - :sick:-mode - and I don't like the heat of the hot ones - I experience it not as flavor, or even just "heat", but as pain, strong enough to overwhelm all other input, even with what I've been told are "pretty mild" ones. God forbid some sadistic fsck slips me one of the "really hot" ones. I've learned to steer clear of them all.

Which part of "all forms of peppers" wasn't clear? :) It's two things, for me: I don't like the flavor and mouth-texture of bell peppers - can't really say why, just don't - :sick:-mode - and I don't like the heat of the hot ones - I experience it not as flavor, or even just "heat", but as pain, strong enough to overwhelm all other input, even with what I've been told are "pretty mild" ones. God forbid some sadistic fsck slips me one of the "really hot" ones. I've learned to steer clear of them all.
I can understand that hot peppers don't go on pizza, I like hot peppers but not on pizza ether. If we were sharing a pizza I wouldn't forgo the bell peppers for you. ;)

Cheese, pineapple, and Canadian bacon (ham) is my favorite on a medium crust

Pizza Hut makes the worst pizza. Need to go to a ma and pa pizzeria to get a good pizza.

I don't mind them on pizza, especially with something salty/fatty (like sausage or pepperoni) or when it's with some spicy topping. The sweetness/acidity cuts through it pretty good.

I can understand that hot peppers don't go on pizza, I like hot peppers but not on pizza ether. If we were sharing a pizza I wouldn't forgo the bell peppers for you. ;)
Just tell 'em to put 'em on your half. I can eat 'em, or pick 'em off, but generally prefer not to do either.

Point in the first: I have no objections to it, though ultra-sweetness isn't generally what I want from a pizza.
Hopefully this won't become a dumpster fire, please keep things civil.
Point in the second: Too late.
absolutely, canadian bacon and pineapple,the best!!
Thats ham, not bacon!
Lol
Point in the third: Just buy whole rashers. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Goat-choker? :)
I think you have a word similar to that... Capricious. Or Whimsical, temperamental and so on...
Trust this tasteless American: Try it. I think the very best, and probably the most easily appreciated by a rookie, pineapple pizza combination has to be simple red sauce, cheese, ham, pineapple, and another layer of cheese. I prefer a thick, risen crust. YMMV
I guess that I simply can't stand the part where I mix sweet and salty flavours 😅
I know it’s sacrilegious in Italy to put anything on a pizza that’s remotely western hahaha make sure when you try it to have your curtains closed
Well... Don't worry, that's not going to happen xD
I mean, if that was my only choice I would consider it, but there are lots of great flavours which I'm more used to taste on my pizza 😎

Some things are just right some things just work
Some things are passable
And some things are just plain WRONG.

I will have to side with pineapple belonging on pizza. That is the only non meat topping I agree with

Back