Least Favorite Dog Breeds

I’m not crazy about small types that bark a lot.

*But every dog should have a home!…🥰

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion, I don't like big breeds, I prefer small curly dogs! But I do want to adopt a medium size dog one day, A dalmatian or poodlemix

Not a fan of large breeds like bullmastiff and those un-wolf like breeds
Interesting, is it the shape or the size that you aren't fond of? If it's the size I would inquire if you know how large a wolf is though. They aren't exactly small animals for a canid.

Interesting, is it the shape or the size that you aren't fond of? If it's the size I would inquire if you know how large a wolf is though. They aren't exactly small animals for a canid.
true,wolves are very large if we compare them to dogs *but it's not like the are wolves in africa,only wild dogs* and i don't like large dog breeds because of their size and snouts

true,wolves are very large if we compare them to dogs *but it's not like the are wolves in africa,only wild dogs* and i don't like large dog breeds because of their size and snouts
Fair enough, if you like smaller dogs, you like smaller dogs. I would have thought the stubbier muzzles were also not uncommon in some smaller breeds as well though. Wild Dogs do have all those pretty colour splotches, which I think makes them interesting, but it's not just the outside for me at least that will determine if I like a breed or individual dog. Temperament and personality are also important.

The problem with smaller dogs is when they have been bred for traits like shrinking their size, their brain has also been shrunk so this often effects intelligence and temperament. bigger dogs often tend to be a bit more chilled out while little guys are often a bit more feisty/Plucky.

Fair enough, if you like smaller dogs, you like smaller dogs. I would have thought the stubbier muzzles were also not uncommon in some smaller breeds as well though. Wild Dogs do have all those pretty colour splotches, which I think makes them interesting, but it's not just the outside for me at least that will determine if I like a breed or individual dog. Temperament and personality are also important.

The problem with smaller dogs is when they have been bred for traits like shrinking their size, their brain has also been shrunk so this often effects intelligence and temperament. bigger dogs often tend to be a bit more chilled out while little guys are often a bit more feisty/Plucky.
I prefer medium sized dogs,but if i was given two options between a large dog and a small one, i'd choose the small dog

"they are all good dogs" - a known dog trainer once said, and I totally agree.

But, personally I could never own a
-miniature Pinscher: too stiff and intensive, too short hair, just too weird (not talking about doberman)
-border collie: way too contact seeking and affectionate. The only thing they think of is how to please you. Not independent at all. Their intelligence is overrated
-beagle: stupid and stubborn
-pomeranian: they just don't look like a dog, but more like some toy. Stupid are they also
-yorkshire terrier: it's more a rat, than a dog. But if you still wish to call it a dog, they have to be some of the stupidest and most aggressive ones

What are your least favorite dog breed's and why?

Personally, I dislike many small dogs (especially Chihuahua's) mainly because some people think their aggression is cute so they don't train them to anywhere near a normal standard. I find this ties into them treating them as they would human children rather than animals with different needs than humans. Also many look like oversized rats which personally does not appeal to me.

Of course I have met well trained and good looking small dogs but I find them to be the exception rather than the usual.
My least favorite dog breed is an untrained dog. I feel if you don't take the time to train your dog it shows your true colors as an owner and you don't care. My neighbor has 3 dogs and one which is a small pit constantly climbs and jumps their fence then runs around the neighborhood. They clearly do not care and when it does get out they show no sign urgency to get back to their yard. That dog will either get hit by a car, get in a dog fight or bite someone.

My least favorite dog breed is an untrained dog. I feel if you don't take the time to train your dog it shows your true colors as an owner and you don't care. My neighbor has 3 dogs and one which is a small pit constantly climbs and jumps their fence then runs around the neighborhood. They clearly do not care and when it does get out they show no sign urgency to get back to their yard. That dog will either get hit by a car, get in a dog fight or bite someone.
it's not about training, but about proper dog care! My dogs are not well trained, but they understand the world around them and behave good in most situations. A correct amount of metal and psychical stimuli everyday combined with a lot of care, love and safety, that's your way to a balanced and good dog. No need for all kind of weird training, like sit, stay, come and so on...

Personally i dont like or prefer little dog breeds like Chihuahua or small breeds which are longhair - I think that some small dogs are really cute but still love the big doggos more because they are also more calm and chill depending on breed ofc :)

Here's another Ugly, Small, Chinese crested, looking like he had a long weekend.

Attachments

• 306493957_10230035384612962_2138647546439275024_n.jpg
    306493957_10230035384612962_2138647546439275024_n.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 8
I don't like poodles because they remind me of bushes infrastructure of posh houses.
I don't like pugs because they are literally bread knowing that they are going to have breathing problems. Miniature breeds are an interesting concept and I can see wanting a smaller version of the full sized dog for renting purposes. However I would rather wait till I can find a place that would allow me to have a full sized dog. Other than that why would you want a dog that can fit into a tea cup just why.

Back